• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Unless he wants out, I'll be disgusted if we sell him. He has more ability than Iwobi and he's better than Chamberlain.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's either close to Euro 10m now or next to nothing next summer. If he wants off now, he will get it just by refusing a new contract with us.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
The fee is clear under 10 or 8Mio. We will buy him on a permanent deal.
Our record transfer was Marko Marin with 8,2Mio € - so we will surely not buy a player/talent, who will cost more than that.

Dind't hear about a buyback clause so far, but could be an option i think - low fee, but a buyback clause instead. Could live with that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The fee is clear under 10 or 8Mio. We will buy him on a permanent deal.
Our record transfer was Marko Marin with 8,2Mio € - so we will surely not buy a player/talent, who will cost more than that.

Dind't hear about a buyback clause so far, but could be an option i think - low fee, but a buyback clause instead. Could live with that.
hope he will do well for you guys. :)

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
So we send Campbell out on loan again and looking to loan/sell Gnabry yet Ox and Theo get more game time in an Arsenal shirt to stink it up?

Amazing management.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
From the Mirror:
Wenger is keen to keep hold of Gnabry but the player fancies the move and a fresh start.
Wenger wants to give him a new deal as well. Gnabry was an afterthought on here before he scored a hat-trick against some farmers from Fiji, now it's the end of the world that he's leaving.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
hope he will do well for you guys. :)

Thanks - Özil, Merte, Gnabry, thanks god im Arsenal & Werder Fan :)

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...l_baumanns-coup_wir-wollen-gnabry-kaufen.html

Werder dürfte mehr zahlen, um schließlich Zuschlag zu erhalten. "Absolut im Rahmen", sagt Baumann über die Höhe der Transferentschädigung, die laut Quellen in Bremen bei fünf Millionen Euro liegen soll.

Now it's 5 million according to Kicker. And even this may not be the true, only speculation.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its the timing for me.

At 21 & in really good form it should be his sink or swim season. Annoying to develop the guy then sell... Half a season or even a run of five games at least eliminates some of the 'what ifs'. If we had a star opposite Alexis its another story.

Aevi

Hale End FC
?

I know people on here have rated Serge for years, but not many considered him a real first-team option. Yet for some reason him leaving is some catastrophe.
It's like if Coman was to leave for Barcelona from Bayern. Pulisic for Liverpool. Rashford for wherever. Yes, they aren't established players yet, but they have shown that they have the tools it takes to become great down the line. You don't just lose players like that, especially when our wing options are not particularly impressive in the first place. We can't please everyone, but it has to be worked around. Get rid of senior players who aren't capable. Use loans as a tool.

If Chamberlain, Walcott, and Iwobi were undeniably great players then yes, Gnabry must make way. But he actually has an honest shot at breaking into the team, so we might as well go for it and make use of his talents. He may not be a first-teamer, but he doesn't have to be for him to have value.

WhatAFC

It's like if Coman was to leave for Barcelona from Bayern. Pulisic for Liverpool. Rashford for wherever. Yes, they aren't established players yet, but they have shown that they have the tools it takes to become great down the line. You don't just lose players like that, especially when our wing options are not particularly impressive in the first place. We can't please everyone, but it has to be worked around. Get rid of senior players who aren't capable. Use loans as a tool.

If Chamberlain, Walcott, and Iwobi were undeniably great players then yes, Gnabry must make way. But he actually has an honest shot at breaking into the team, so we might as well go for it and make use of his talents. He may not be a first-teamer, but he doesn't have to be for him to have value.
I'm sorry but when has gnabry shown he can be great?

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm sorry but when has gnabry shown he can be great?
I can't point you to any major moments, he just hasn't gotten there yet. He performed well in general when he came onto the scene for the first team two years ago, late last season for the U-21s upon his return from injury and lack of fitness, and in the Olympics just now. You watch him, and you can see that not only is he athletically good (pace, strength, etc.), he's capable of utilizing it with good decisions, ball-play, and finishing.

If you haven't watched him, just the massive interest from clubs at the moment should give you a clue. Schalke saying everyone bar the very, very top wanting to sign him is good praise. It's not outrageous by any means to think Gnabry could turn out to be some player in the future.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

It looks like Gnabry is pushing for a move while Wenger wants him to stay.

scytheavatar

Established Member
So we send Campbell out on loan again and looking to loan/sell Gnabry yet Ox and Theo get more game time in an Arsenal shirt to stink it up?

Amazing management.

When Iwobi, Ramsey and Giroud returns to the team plus with the addition of Perez, Chamberlain is not going to make it on our bench. He probably needs to go out on loan too.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It looks like Gnabry is pushing for a move while Wenger wants him to stay.
I'm getting that feel too. Wenger isn't blameless though, Serge didn't just wake up and decide he wants a new challenge. Sending him to West Brom when he clearly wasn't match fit, or the club didn't suit his style was a very bad call. It delayed his development for several months, during a period where we had so many injuries he actually could have broken through fairly easily. Now during the summer, Wenger is persisting with players that have been given far more chances than Gnabry without delivering as expected, so of course he's getting annoyed and thinking he's not being given the opportunity to further his career.

What is needed right now is the presentation of a plan to him. Make it clear that he's part of the future, that players who don't perform are going to be on the way out next summer and if he plays well on loan, he'll be given one of their spots. Özil and Per need to make him feel like there is something to pursue here. It seems to me like Gnabry thinks he won't be getting past the many other competitors, possibly unjustly, and there needs to be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom