• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal vs Ludogorets | Wednesday 19th October 19:45

What will the result of the game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

logic DC

if we win the group, is it really between bayern and atletico for us in the last 16 or will they be a draw?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Actually, I remember very well of all our armchair pundits who were up in arms when Arsène started Alexis as a CF in August. They were calling the manager incompetent or whathaveyou. I am still waiting for them to come back and acknowledge they got it completely wrong......Will not hold my breath though! ;)
Rarely see Wenger getting credit for things he does. But this was actually a brave call.

Notice even in the Mustafi thread, people are suggesting hat he wouldn't have bought Mustafi if injuries to Per and Gabriel hadn't occurred. None of us really know the truth but it's a shame that our own fans keep suggesting this kind of stuff.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There is a draw. Just quickly checked where the teams are and in truth as things stand it's gonna be tough finishing first or second.

Dortmund or Madrid, A. Madrid Or Bayern, Juventus or Sevilla.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Rarely see Wenger getting credit for things he does. But this was actually a brave call.

Notice even in the Mustafi thread, people are suggesting hat he wouldn't have bought Mustafi if injuries to Per and Gabriel hadn't occurred. None of us really know the truth but it's a shame that our own fans keep suggesting this kind of stuff.
Jeeezs, what's up with you. Acting like a little ***** with your whole "people are suggesting" when its just me! Its a great buy from Wenger, I didn't even rate Mustafi this highly, but Wenger clearly knows. What's weird about asking that question? There were two injuries with time between them and the transfer did take a lot of time! Something is seriously wrong with you with your whole victim thing going on, oh so sad for Wenger. All because I told you to shut up ONCE because you were spreading so much bullshit that it was clouding my happy feelings on both Arsenal and Wenger. Just press ignore on my posts and you won't have any trouble anymore.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Jeeezs, what's up with you. Acting like a little ***** with your whole "people are suggesting" when its just me! Its a great buy from Wenger, I didn't even rate Mustafi this highly, but Wenger clearly knows. What's weird about asking that question? There were two injuries with time between them and the transfer did take a lot of time! Something is seriously wrong with you with your whole victim thing going on, oh so sad for Wenger. All because I told you to shut up ONCE because you were spreading so much bullshit that it was clouding my happy feelings on both Arsenal and Wenger. Just press ignore on my posts and you won't have any trouble anymore.
Look mate, I'm one of the biggest Wenger supporters on here so there's no way I've destroyed your 'happy feelings'. You're making that stuff up.

I don't think I ever posted anything in direct reply to your posts until you started getting aggressive for no reason a few days ago.

@celestis has given me the warning so I'm not going to pounce. If you want to discuss something calmly I'm more than happy to do so, otherwise please get off my back.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There is a draw. Just quickly checked where the teams are and in truth as things stand it's gonna be tough finishing first or second.

Dortmund or Madrid, A. Madrid Or Bayern, Juventus or Sevilla.

Out of those teams I'd take Atletico, Real and Sevilla. Haven't played Real in over 10 seasons, think we match up well against them.

Ewarwoowar

Just seen replay, every goal had an element of class(tho their keeper was questionable), and great thing is you feel there's scope for improvement. It's great not to have rely on one or two individuals to carry the team, every one finding form doesn't happen consistently enough but hope the current buzz to continue, am expecting us to put 4 past The Boro, don't let me down guys.

Right,, now I'm super motivated to go potter in the shed;)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was actually impressed with Ludogorets last night in the first half. They didn't just put 10 men behind the ball. They tried to pass it around and they had a good game plan.

It's why putting 6 past them was so impressive for me, although their keeper was very dodgy.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Just seen replay, every goal had an element of class(tho their keeper was questionable), and great thing is you feel there's scope for improvement. It's great not to have rely on one or two individuals to carry the team, every one finding form doesn't happen consistently enough but hope the current buzz to continue, am expecting us to put 4 past The Boro, don't let me down guys.

Right,, now I'm super motivated to go potter in the shed;)
Did the same last night. We actually missed a few chances as well, it could have been more. :lol:

Ewarwoowar

I was actually impressed with Ludogorets last night in the first half. They didn't just put 10 men behind the ball. They tried to pass it around and they had a good game plan.

It's why putting 6 past them was so impressive for me, although their keeper was very dodgy.

I called 6-1 before the game, so I did get the sweats midway through the first and even after our 1st goal that Ludo were after ******* on my parade

Ewarwoowar

And **** yeh they did have assurance on the ball and pressed well for a period, the return match could be a little different, but I'm banking on us showing that we just as assured playing away as well as at home.

Doom

What's weird about asking that question?

Hi Razörost, I can't speak for other people on this forum but I think you are totally correct. We should question everything about Arsenal, Wenger, tactics, transfer, the players, you name it.

In an ideal world, knowledge and understand are improved by debate using this method:

Thesis + Antithesis creates Argument which leads to Synthesis.

Where synthesis is closer to the truth than either Thesis or Antithesis.

A real world example might be helpful at this juncture.

Thesis: Wenger is good at transfers
Antithesis: Wenger is bad at transfers

Argument (significantly shortened for lenght): Net spend, debt, summer 2015, Juan Mata, Özil, etc.

Synthesis (in my opinion): Wenger will spend whatever transfer funds he has on improving the squad.

What annoys me is that too often posters adopt a position (thesis) and then refuse to engage with debate. They post an opinion, have it challenged and then repost original opinion without reacting to the challenge.

The debate never gets started so we never get to synthesis.

In my opinion if you're posting and not asking questions and reformulating ideas then you're wasting all of our time.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yesterday was a proper throwback to the Cesc era where we'd put 5/6 past teams confidently.

The most pleasing thing about this season is how good we are to watch again. It's not good enough for Arsenal not to play attractive football.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They're only calling it based on what they've seen in the past. It's alright saying 'how dare they', but they've actually got reason to think like that. You can't conveniently erase history. Well you can if you like, but it doesn't help.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Actually, I remember very well of all our armchair pundits who were up in arms when Arsène started Alexis as a CF in August. They were calling the manager incompetent or whathaveyou. I am still waiting for them to come back and acknowledge they got it completely wrong......Will not hold my breath though! ;)
Maybe they're waiting for armchair pundits like you to first acknowledge that he's playing more a false 9 role now, as opposed to furthest man forward like he was.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Hi Razörost, I can't speak for other people on this forum but I think you are totally correct. We should question everything about Arsenal, Wenger, tactics, transfer, the players, you name it.

In an ideal world, knowledge and understand are improved by debate using this method:

Thesis + Antithesis creates Argument which leads to Synthesis.

Where synthesis is closer to the truth than either Thesis or Antithesis.

A real world example might be helpful at this juncture.

Thesis: Wenger is good at transfers
Antithesis: Wenger is bad at transfers

Argument (significantly shortened for lenght): Net spend, debt, summer 2015, Juan Mata, Özil, etc.

Synthesis (in my opinion): Wenger will spend whatever transfer funds he has on improving the squad.

What annoys me is that too often posters adopt a position (thesis) and then refuse to engage with debate. They post an opinion, have it challenged and then repost original opinion without reacting to the challenge.

The debate never gets started so we never get to synthesis.

In my opinion if you're posting and not asking questions and reformulating ideas then you're wasting all of our time.
Not sure I understand that tbf. The question @razörist effectively asked was 'Would Wenger have bought Mustafi if our other centre backs hadn't been injured?'

None of us can know the answer to that as we don't really know the full story. So you can speculate either way depending on your Wenger stance. Would that get us anywhere, and would we be any nearer knowing if Wenger was good or bad at transfers? And why raise that question after a good win if you weren't trying to cast doubt on Wenger's ability.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not sure I understand that tbf. The question @razörist effectively asked was 'Would Wenger have bought Mustafi if our other centre backs hadn't been injured?'

None of us can know the answer to that as we don't really know the full story. So you can speculate either way depending on your Wenger stance. Would that get us anywhere, and would we be any nearer knowing if Wenger was good or bad at transfers? And why raise that question after a good win if you weren't trying to cast doubt on Wenger's ability.
Genuine advise: don't get so caught up in Wenger defending that you start to see ghosts in every corner. In reality, my post was a testament to Mustafi's quality: he's so good, too good to be an injury replacement. He's an upgrade. Yet the timing of his signing looked exactly like an injury replacement. Already someone posted about reports early in the summer that we were looking for a defender. So I am just interested in what the story could be and happy with Mustafi. Please try not to make everything a Wenger thing.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They're only calling it based on what they've seen in the past. It's alright saying 'how dare they', but they've actually got reason to think like that. You can't conveniently erase history. Well you can if you like, but it doesn't help.
Many people have done a good job at erasing history, but recently it's been a lot harder, largely due to a free press.:lol:

All managers have made poor transfer decisions. The list for SAS is quite long. Both he and Wenger acknowledge their mistakes. The secret is to get a net benefit to the team and I think we can all agree that Wenger's got that right at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom