• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
The thought of 2 passengers who go missing when things aren't going well is more o_O than :drool: to me at least. No more one dimensional divas who go missing for months at a time thank you.

Genuine question - if Mahrez and Özil are passengers, what does that make Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, Coquelin, Elneny, Gabriel, Cech etc?

Icebergs?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if Alexis stays here and we add Mahrez to the side we will be strong but Mahrez likely going to replace Alexis so that's mean we not improved but would still buy him and buy a center forward that only way gonna improve us without Alexis next season.

allegro

I would take Mahrez to replace Özil. I think he has been like most of Leicesters players a passenger most of the season...but for me his qualities are far more what we need than Özil. Good pace takes on and beats players and certainly more of a goal threat. He aint bad with assists either. Not saying he should be our #1 target but get him in... Özil out.

Just cannot remember ANY performance from Özil in his time here that made me sit up and say...this guy is truly, truly world class.... I can remember far more that stunk the house out though!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Genuine question - if Mahrez and Özil are passengers, what does that make Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, Coquelin, Elneny, Gabriel, Cech etc?

Icebergs?
Even more genuine question: if you can't refute my suggestion that they're passengers and instead have to try to compare them to dreck to make them look better are they passengers?

blaise

Dont think we need him that bad in this system unless we sell Alexis or Özil. Priority should be getting someone more mobile than Giroud in attack. Although if we cant get good attacker I d be ok with him and Alexis/Welbeck on CF.

say yes

forum master baiter
Even more genuine question: if you can't refute my suggestion that they're passengers and instead have to try to compare them to dreck to make them look better are they passengers?

No. The idea of Özil or Mahrez being passengers is ridiculous. Mahrez is the best player at Leicester, Özil arguably the best at Arsenal (second best at worst).

To call either of them passengers makes absolutely no sense, both contribute massively to their teams' offence.

Genuinely reckon some of you guys deserve to be strapped to a chair and forced to watch a Walcott - Giroud - Campbell front 3 for eternity (hands out of your pants @Jury ).

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
When you play a match, it is statistically proven that players actually have the ball 3 minutes on average … So, the most important thing is: what do you do during those 87 minutes when you do not have the ball. That is what determines whether you’re a passenger or not. (c) Johan Cruyff

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
No. The idea of Özil or Mahrez being passengers is ridiculous. Mahrez is the best player at Leicester, Özil arguably the best at Arsenal (second best at worst).

To call either of them passengers makes absolutely no sense, both contribute massively to their teams' offence.

Genuinely reckon some of you guys deserve to be strapped to a chair and forced to watch a Walcott - Giroud - Campbell front 3 for eternity (hands out of your pants @Jury ).
You can't disappear for 10 matches at a time and not be a passenger. Passenger doesn't mean that you don't have ability. A passenger is a player who too often is on the periphery of matches. If you're really going to tell me that doesn't describe Özil to the letter then I have no clue what you watch on matchdays. If you really want to tell me that Mahrez(despite being the best player at Leicester) wasn't invisible for more than half of this campaign then see above.

Yeah they both contribute massively in one third of the pitch on their day. The problem is that they don't offer enough in the other two thirds when they aren't performing in the final third which in both players' cases is far too often. If you're a liability in every game and you only occasionally balance that out then you are in fact a passenger. It's really not difficult to understand. What I find funniest though is that you more than anyone justifiably slate Giroud who actually contributes more consistently throughout the course of a season than Özil despite being a lazy statue of a man.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Dont get this Mahrez comes if Özil goes?? Özil in the middle behind the cf and mahrez on the wing surely??

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like Mahrez and would like our next manager to sign him. He's a top class wide man who will do good things consistently if you give him the ball in the right paces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom