• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

A lot of the papers reporting without Champions League He is Adios. But if He does stay it is most certainly not about money. He'll take a rise no doubt, but could easily get more elsewhere(as others have stated), I'd think He will look for the club to be moving heaven and earth as We speak to to beef out the squad to maintain a proper challenge next season, He's not getting any younger, you can't blame him for that.

In all likelihood We lose Cl but if 4th place did happen by some minor miracle, I still think He would hold on on the contract extension most likely to the nearing to the end of the summer transfer window to keep the club motivated on their end in satisfying or matching his desire for great success.

Still I wonder whether the club are serious about not letting him go even if He asks and run down the contract, or that's just mind games to up the ante, I'd think the latter more likely.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'm still confident he'll sign. The fact he had a bad experience at Barca means he knows the grass is not always greener on the other side. He strucks me as a guy who really loves to be the focal point of the the team and needs full support from his manager.

From the financial perspective, there are only a handful of clubs that can offer him more money than us and none of them can give him what he's getting here. Total trust from the manager and a team build around him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I hope have leaves anyway. Wenger doesn't deserve him.

Drops him for the Anfield game for what, again? Effectively ends his own top four run with that monumental fvck up, and now he's willing to distabilise the squad (his own words regarding wage structure) to save his own wotless arse.

He makes the **** up as he goes along and he's been allowed to continue. ****ing shambles of a club

GDeep™

League is very weak
I hope have leaves anyway. Wenger doesn't deserve him.

Drops him for the Anfield game for what, again? Effectively ends his own top four run with that monumental fvck up, and now he's willing to distabilise the squad (his own words regarding wage structure) to save his own wotless arse.

He makes the **** up as he goes along and he's been allowed to continue. ****ing shambles of a club

What has Sanchez got to do with your Wenger stance? Especially as it looks like he wants to extend on his relationship with Wenger and Arsenal.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
very mixed messages are coming out regarding his future, but of course his agent will be stirring things in the background

as things stand at the moment I would guess he will extend if Wenger and Özil extend, and the dosh is there - I wonder how the WengerOut campaign will feel about that

I'm hoping now for one more year of total commitment all round, a cull of the under achievers, and proper money spent on improvements, but if no tangible improvement at the end of next season then all three can go

Axel9090

I think a fair deal would be that he sees his contract out but if we even mount a big title challenge, not exactly win it, but just challenge strongly next season and do well in the window, he will sign a new contract. An ultimatum would be fine by me. No point selling him for a mediocre price. Im sure we can take the hit and Ill actually be impressed by the club for not giving a **** about the money.

Axel9090

as things stand at the moment I would guess he will extend if Wenger and Özil extend, and the dosh is there - I wonder how the WengerOut campaign will feel about that

Slightly bitter and also happu if Im being honest. Lets admit it, the current state of the club isnt going to give us a premier league title and our best player signing a new contract is basically him being finr with it. We get to keep our best player though, we'll get some enjoyment next season and even if there are bigger problems to solve, we dont lose big players for once!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
letting him run down his contract could of course depend on who we might get as a replacement - with both Manchester clubs in the market and no CL here there might only be lean pickings for us

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doubt that tbh. Messi lost possession and does so regularly. Its the byproduct of being the best attacker of your team since the primary job is to find openings via dribble, shot or through ball. That said he loses the ball a bit more than you expect, yes.
I had already posted stats on Alexis' ball possession, so won't go back there. His ball possession is so atrocious that I amazed he can pee without losing his own balls in the toilet.

he can lose the ball all day long but he demands the ball, hogs it, and loses it in dangerous positions, which I don't think would go very well with Pep/Marueen or anyone other than kindly father wenger.

Axel9090

letting him run down his contract could of course depend on who we might get as a replacement - with both Manchester clubs in the market and no CL here there might only be lean pickings for us
There are always going to be players. Personally I think its a miracle we even landed Sanchez in the first place, God was on our side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There are always going to be players. Personally I think its a miracle we even landed Sanchez in the first place, God was on our side.
Why was it a miracle? He was being kicked out of Barcelona and if we didn't come in for him, he would most likely be at Liverpool.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I had already posted stats on Alexis' ball possession, so won't go back there. His ball possession is so atrocious that I amazed he can pee without losing his own balls in the toilet.

he can lose the ball all day long but he demands the ball, hogs it, and loses it in dangerous positions, which I don't think would go very well with Pep/Marueen or anyone other than kindly father wenger.
Well those managers know how to organize their players and teams. Specially Guardiola with his positional play. What is wrong with demanding the ball and hogging it if you are the best player on the pitch? It goes back to my point really. And as you admit Wenger doesn't attempt to address it so it is not his fault completely since he is allowed to do that or is even instructed to do so.

Axel9090

Why was it a miracle? He was being kicked out of Barcelona and if we didn't come in for him, he would most likely be at Liverpool.
Im surprised the likes of Man City and Man Utd didnt try and steal him by offering a ridiculous wage. Then you also have PSG and Juve who couldve taken a punt. We won though.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Im surprised the likes of Man City and Man Utd didnt try and steal him by offering a ridiculous wage. Then you also have PSG and Juve who couldve taken a punt. We won though.
Man City wanted to sign him, but FFP rules stopped them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rumours that Defoe wants a 6M signing on fee as he is free. So you can imagine what a guy like Sanchez can demand if he decides to become a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom