• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
With Fabinho and Bakayoko moving from Monaco i don't think Monaco will allow to lose more players. but Lemar could force the move after seeing most of his teammates are gone.

It's a shame we're not in for Fabinho.
He's been so good. I think he could have been the perfect match to make a great partnership with Xhaka.

35/40M is a good deal for him.

He can also play as a right back (he was a right back 3/4 yrs ago).

blaise

I think we ll buy Lemar or someone other now and try to tie Sanchez, if that fails we ll go big next summer.

nick gould

It's a shame we're not in for Fabinho.
He's been so good. I think he could have been the perfect match to make a great partnership with Xhaka.

35/40M is a good deal for him.

He can also play as a right back (he was a right back 3/4 yrs ago).
Not sure about Fabinho being good. He lost his place to Jao Mutinho towards the end of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This scares me because it means Alexis is leaving. Lacazette and Lemar to replace Sanchez doesn't improve us as a team imo. The board aren't stupid enough to sell to City but a small part of me fears that they are.

Seems like Mbappe is definitely over now though, we'll sign him next year as he'll only be 19. Still too young for Madrid.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I want this so bad. He is such a well balanced and well rounded player. A profile of player we don't have and could do with. Lemar gives us a number of options.

say yes

forum master baiter
This scares me because it means Alexis is leaving. Lacazette and Lemar to replace Sanchez doesn't improve us as a team imo.

Disagree. Sanchez is the better player of the three but think Lacazette and Lemar would add up to a more coherent whole.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This scares me because it means Alexis is leaving. Lacazette and Lemar to replace Sanchez doesn't improve us as a team imo. The board aren't stupid enough to sell to City but a small part of me fears that they are.

Seems like Mbappe is definitely over now though, we'll sign him next year as he'll only be 19. Still too young for Madrid.

We wont sell Alexis to City just wont happen.

FreakySami

I will repeat this over and over again. Our targets are lemar, Lacazette and mbappe. I think it's quite easy to see that the first two are easier to pull off and take less time than the last one. I think lemar and lacazette cover a lot of the striker, lwb and forward option. There is a lot of games to play. I just hope we also get mbappe. That would make this summer that much sweeter... Getting one over Madrid and shutting up all ESPN beIN and the other ****s that talk **** about Wenger and arsenal. All of this while extending both Alexis and Özil. I think Özil el stay but Alexis needed to see those two or three arrivals.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Putting my faith in the club to not sell Alexis to City.

But, no. Lemar and Lacazette can't improve the team without Alexis.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No way.

Not only do we not know how Lacazette or Lemar would do in the premier league but they'd both have to give us 50-60 goal contributions combined next season to be any more potent than Alexis and Giroud/Welbeck were together.

I don't see Lacazette doing what Alexis did in his first season and I can't see Lemar getting 10/10 in his first season either.

We'd be seriously lacking that star player who can turn a game on its head.

My ideology is to make this window good WITH Alexis leaving we would have to sign Mbappe, Lacazette and Lemar while also selling Lucas Perez and Giroud.

I think that makes sense, 3 in 3 out. We're probably going to have about 60 games next season with loads at awkward times. If Mbappe is happy to join us I think he'll come and Giroud will leave. If not Giroud will stay.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sanchez has become really overrated on here.

Not really, if you're replacing him you want to replace him with someone who can get 24 goals and however many assists he got in the league.

Nearly 40 goal contributions in the league is no mean feat. Lemar wouldn't be able to produce that at least straight away. Lacazette wouldn't either.

say yes

forum master baiter
Not really, if you're replacing him you want to replace him with someone who can get 24 goals and however many assists he got in the league.

Nearly 40 goal contributions in the league is no mean feat. Lemar wouldn't be able to produce that at least straight away. Lacazette wouldn't either.

That's not how football works though.

What if Lemar and Lacazette only contributed 30 goals but those goals won us more points?

What if playing Lemar out wide made us more defensively secure and we needed to score less goals?

What if Özil thrived playing behind a pacy forward? What if playing at a quicker tempo (without Sanchez constantly slowing the game down) allowed other players in our squad to flourish?

What if having a better balance to our game meant we did better against the stronger sides, which is where we dropped so many points this season?

United sold goal machine Ruud Van Nistelrooy and instantly looked a better team. A few years later they replaced the most productive player in the world (Ronaldo) with Antonia Valencia and scored 18 more league goals the following season. Countless other examples you could draw on.

All this tallying up of individual goals, as though football is a zero sum game, is ridiculous.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom