• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Why are everyone so negative. Can we have our day in the sun now? We are signing Mbappé and Lemar. Period. We go full harakiri when the night come and our hope is crushed.

Yep, that's what the summer is all about, full on positivity with a wake up call at the end. One day it will come off and we will be the ones who have enjoyed the whole journey, not just the last 5 mins :)

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'll stick by low expectations with the chance of a wonderful surprise,, rather than high expectations with the likelihood of bitter disappointment

more chance that way of living long enough to see Arsenal win the PL

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
"AS Monaco attacking midfielder Thomas Lemar is unsure of his future this summer especially because of interest from Arsenal, according to L’Équipe.

Lemar has three years left on his current contract but has yet to seek to extend it this summer because of interest from Arsène Wenger’s Gunners. It must be noted that there is no indication that the North London side have made any move other than showing interest at this stage."

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...-his-future-because-of-interest-from-arsenal/

neimad

I know Sp**s are Sp**s, but they still have Champions League and arguably more chance of a spot in the first XI

but....but...they're Sp**s

I get a feeling of the Ozils about this. We go in to a club looking for their striker and come away with an attacking midfielder.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You misunderstood my point. If the lequipe article is true and Lemar is having his head turned by Arsenal AND we're up against Sp**s for his signature, with Dean saying that before the lequipe article was released it surely means we're ahead of Sp**s in that race as he prefers us.

We lost on Vertonghen because we wanted him as a CDM didn't we?

BobP

Memri Fan
Got to sign this guy.

He's both exceptionally talented and a need.

We lack depth in the AM positions behind the striker After Özil and Sanchez, who do we have? Iwobi is basically it.

Absolute no brainer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have now to make a good bid to unsettle him more. Yeah it would be not classy move but we must do that to get the players we want

Get this guy. It's a very doable move, and he's pure class.

Even if he doesn't go into the first eleven, he's a great joker who can play multiple positions, so playing time won't be an issue.

Bergkamp120

Like I said before, this really excites me and he's excellent. He's the second best young talent in France after Mbappe.

His only weakness is that he's a bit slow but every other quality is there. Though I'm not sure where he would fit in the current formation.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Get this guy. It's a very doable move, and he's pure class.

Even if he doesn't go into the first eleven, he's a great joker who can play multiple positions, so playing time won't be an issue.

Trust me he'd get into the first eleven.
He would be one of our best player.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Love Lemar, but 3-4-3 is an iffy fit for him as long as Alexis and Özil are here. If we go back to the usual 4-2-3-1, he's tailor made.

I watched all Monaco's game this season and the thing that I'm certain about Lemar, is his IQ and tactical awarness.
He was developped as an attacking midfielder, playing just behind the striker but he had no problems on the left wing.
He also played well on the right wing when he had to.

I'm pretty sure he would have no problem to play in a front three in a 3-4-3. I think he'd be perfect because Alexis & Özil doesn't play as wingers in this formation but more like false 9/number 10.

tbf if we get Lemar + a striker, and sanchez stays, I'd play Lemar ahead of Özil. He might not be as gifted as the german but he's much more consistent. He defends a lot better. He doesn't get bullied in big games like sometimes the german does. He has a better tactical awarness. He is a far better goal scorer than Özil, and he provides assists. He's stronger, and plays a lot better with his fullback.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom