• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tywin

I wonder what Cech makes of this Arsenal side having played in various title winning sides for Chelsea. He's a true champion having starred in teams that won everything and now he's in a side that has no chance of winning the league after 3 games.

Petr the Great

I am stunned at how much sh*t Cech gets on this forum. He had some bad games, last season and this season against Leicester. He also had some absolutely stunning games during his time at Arsenal, and to say, as many here seem to be doing, that his three years at Arsenal have been a let-down is nonsensical. Ospina is NOT the better keeper, and be thankful that it was Cech in goal against Liverpool, otherwise that could easily have ended 8-0. He seemed to be pretty much the only player who played and looked like he really cared. Also, name a better goalie who would be willing to come and play for Arsenal in the club's current state.

hope I'm not repeating an earlier post, but have to offer this:

Cech "‘I would say the only positive thing out of the game is we have to respond and we have time to respond as it is very early doors in the season. With two defeats you can still win the league so it’s not a problem."

Therein lies the problem with our team/squad. Not in the real world.
ManU -PLAY 3 - WIN 3 score 10.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We are conceding second most shoots on us after Sunderland in 2017. We conceded 120 shoots while other top6 teams are not above 66.

Disgusting.
Still Cechs fault though. :lol: And people were shocked when he sprinted ten yards outside his area to intercept a Leicester through ball in the first game... He probably wants to play CB ffs.

Petr the Great

hope I'm not repeating an earlier post, but have to offer this:

Cech "‘I would say the only positive thing out of the game is we have to respond and we have time to respond as it is very early doors in the season. With two defeats you can still win the league so it’s not a problem."

Therin lies the problem with our team/squad. Not in the real world.
ManU -PLAY 3 - WIN 3 score 10.

If you read his whole statement, you will see that he is a lot more realistic about what happened against LFC than Wenger or any other Arsenal player I have heard interviewed.

Also, what would you have him say instead? Would you prefer something like this: "I know we are only three games in, but we should be as negative as possible and concede right now that we have no chance of winning the title. Why? Because nothing raises morale more than saying to each other that there is no way we can get out of this hole. Also, going forward, we will act like a much lesser club, ignore past glories and say at the beginning of each season that we are not title contenders, never will be title contenders and won't focus on achieving what we know is impossible. The fans will love it. Also, people won't mock us for setting out to achieve what a club of this stature should be aiming for, because after a game like this, it is crazy to try and continue to believe in ourselves so that we can perhaps do better going forward."

Relic

According to the Telegraph:

"Goalkeeper Cech took it upon himself to tell the Arsenal players that they had let the club down and embarrassed themselves at Anfield.

Witnesses have revealed the 35-year-old was furious with the performance and decided to take matters into his own hands after the final whistle of the 4-0 thrashing

But the fact it was Cech and not Wenger who blasted the team will only strengthen the opinion of the Frenchman’s critics that he is not hard enough on his under-performing players...."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ech-rips-team-mates-unacceptable-performance/

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Cech isn't at his best anymore but he sure as hell is still a top keeper and Arsenal are lucky to have him!

His penalty record is not good but still I would have him in for the PL and Ospina for the Cups. I personally think that GKs is our least bit of concern in the squad at the moment.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
been hearing stories of him being vocal in the dressing room. also in the media. nice by Cech.

“I spoke with Alexis and he wants to win,” Cech said after Saturday’s 3-0 win.

“Some people say, ‘He does this, he does that’, but I think he’s a guy who plays with all of his passion and all of his heart.

“You could see that in his performance. He knew he came late back, the manager opted not to risk him, put him on the bench so he was ready to come on. He came on and you could see he put a shift in.

“Mesut was outstanding as well, like everybody else. Defensively, offensively, he put a huge amount of work into the game. That’s exactly what we expect and what we want.

“After what happened two weeks ago, we needed to win the game and get back to winning ways and I think we did it in style, in the right way from start to finish. We played some really good football, scored some nice goals and created more chances.”

Arsenal’s focus now turns to Thursday’s Europa League game wit

DasBootist

He gets a load of bollocks from the users on here (myself included, probably), but what a man!

I also checked through the last couple of pages, and the quantity of posts Re Cech has diminished a lot over the past month. He's been solid, in correlation with our overall approach to defending as a team, which wasn't evident during August. I wonder if he's still Agent Cech?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He really disappointed me last season. More than anyone in the team.
But there was something noticeable different with him this preseason. Cant even say what, but from the first minute of it you could see it and feel it. Not even his bad performance on the opening day made me think I was wrong about it...
And here we are today. One of our best players this season so far, but there's that extra factor he brings to the team which makes him even more valuable.
Still, he needs to do his primary job well first in order to get more recognition, and he is doing it. Keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom