• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
His 1st game of the season is always like this. **** vs West Ham 2 years ago, and **** vs Pool last year.

His time here overall has been a let down, but he did finish last season on a high, so hope he can come back to that.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Cech is a top keeper, and he didnt suddenly forget how to be one overnight.

He had a bad game that is true, but saying he is a flop since he came here is simply not true.

His form will pickup, and to be honest if there was a time for us to find a new keeper its now. Lots of quality options out there.

arsmile

Established Member
I prefer Ospina I think

the thing cech's supposed to have over him is the dominance/dealing with crosses and all that

he's been dreadful at that suff- and his shot stopping hasn't really been up to it since he joined us anyway

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What he was doing for that Okazaki goal I don't know

Comical. Needs binning for new keeper long term. Hopefully picks up throughout season

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well I guess he is getting old now, Im not so much disappointed with Cech rather it is the fact we let Szczesny go for peanuts.

I have to vent about that, because that was a fkin dreadful decision. I do not give a f*ck about a mess up he made 3 years ago, he has matured at Roma, was one of the best keepers in Serie A, clearly cares about the club and would stay and looks to be the heir to one of the greatest keepers of the past decade plus.

F*cking stupidity considering Cech is clearly on the down which is fully expected, what I really cannot understand the pure stupidity of letting Woj go, we've created a headache when we had the solution right there.

Going back to Cech, I think it is more consistency that is his issue now, I don't think he is bad every game tbh.

BBF

Cech is a top keeper, and he didnt suddenly forget how to be one overnight.

He had a bad game that is true, but saying he is a flop since he came here is simply not true.

His form will pickup, and to be honest if there was a time for us to find a new keeper its now. Lots of quality options out there.

Mate, he hasn't shown he's a top keeper in 3 years. He's completely done.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I noticed during the preseason he is trying to play more off the line, style more suited to our defending. Just that fact made me happy, to see him try and improve, adopt more. Leicester was a shocker, I do blame him for 2 goals, but overall I believe he will come good this season. Better then the last one, which is much needed. Also think he knows he had a poor season. He is getting closer to the end, and there is a Lot of pride in it for such a big name keeper. He knows he would destroy a lot of his imAge if last season form is what he will give till the end.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Looked a bit indecisive on the goal for whatever reason, but jesus, look at the long line if you that have been waiting for **** knows how long, with your knives out? The man has been in superb form for a long time now, and one little muddle ruins all that, does it? Piss poor.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like Ospina, but if anyone thinks they'd see less hearts-in-mouths moments per 5 games with him in goal than you would with Cech, then you need to look into your brains recycle bin for stuff you've deleted.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Remember when we were all like "finally a keeper who can dominate his area." Good times.
You were put on earth to keep the troups grounded, stop them panicking and remind them of their folly. Like a grizzled battle seargant who's seen it all.

All part of the universe's master plan.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
I have read that before every game Cech used to sat to the players that he wanted to keep a clean sheet.
Probably he doesn't bother anymore.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Best player on the pitch. Not hard when everyone else stayed in the changing room.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That Mane save in the second half was ridiculous.

The likes of Bellerin and Koscielny should hang their heads with the amount of saves he had to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom