• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton Vs Arsenal PL 10/12/2017 12:00pm BT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Did you really like what Xhaka produced today? All I saw was passing the ball to the open wing back and taking his time doing so. Not the most difficult skill imo, one I'd value more if the player also offered a little protection to the defence

Xhaka was one of only a couple of players today that was passing with composure (with the exception of two passes) and in general attempted more vertical passes than he is getting credit for.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

JUST LOOK AT THIS. This is the response to conceding 2 goals in 10 minutes in the previous game. Honestly I want to put my head through a wall.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Hmmm... Alexis' fault we've conceded 32 away from home? What should we be focusing on here?

I'll give you a clue: It's not Alexis.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

JUST LOOK AT THIS. This is the response to conceded 2 goals in 10 minutes in the previous game. Honestly I want to put my head through a wall.
That what happened when you give the ball away in stupid area your wings back and midfield will be in high of the pitch. Its basic mistakes that's come from lack of sharpness and concentration

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm really starting to get annoyed by Wenger's "pecking order". There's no doubt in my mind that Welbeck, Giroud, Wilshere/Iwobi are the 12th, 13th, 14th men in Wenger's mind and he just throws them on with no rhyme or reason.

arsmile

Established Member
obviously- if we were a proper team we'd have spent the match grinding that out and 0-0 and giroud's late goal would have been a euphoric winner.

As it is the bunch of mongs we've got at the back kept up their rate of literally gifting the opposition a goal in the first 10 minutes of every match we've played in the last decade.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Now Özil has realised his role demands more and is offering more, it's become fashionable again to slaughter Alexis. :lol:
Jeez, you think it's just being fashionable to think giving the ball to opposition 32 times is not the best. :lol:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Would somebody like Johnny Evans really fix these defensive and mental lapse problems, though? In these scenarios, it's best fixed by buying and selling. I don't see how training can fix dumbassness.

progman07

Established Member
Our positioning and movement holds us back too much, there is no cohesion, e.g. when Ramsey positions himself near Lacazette against a settled defense at the edge of the box, and Xhaka is looking to pass forward, what do we seriously think will happen? He won't have space, and acceleration to go behind.

Ramsey should be running behind the defense from midfield, rather than standing between their centre backs when we are passing around their box.

Our lines are too rigid, there are often no options for triangles, and we just pass sideways, or try passing to the attackers, who again do not have any good options to play a one-two, so we either pass back to the midfielders or try something pointless/risky which ends up giving the opposition a chance to counter.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

People keep saying get rid of the back 3, but isn't that the same formation where we put in great defensive performances against Sp**s and Chelsea? Our defenders just aren't good enough, regardless of formation.

Also Alexis is getting stick because he hasn't been good enough either, same with any other player at Arsenal, bar Özil because I'd never get mad at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom