• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm not sure Wenger has ever wanted him. I know there were rumours they spoke last summer but we've never bid for him its always just been rumours. Lemar on the other hand has been far more than rumours.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
It’s a shame they don’t have Kenny Dalglish and that transfer committee around. They would find some hilarious ways to spend the Coutinho money might even give us a few bob for Walcott.

They did give us £40m for a headless ninja turtle tbf.

HBL

Established Member
Mahrez for £40-50 mil would be a bargain in this market. Proven in the premier league as well. Not sure why there are fans that would rather Lemar at £75mil or more. Especially if Wenger prefers playing four at the back.

Doubt we’ll sign either but if I had the choice I’d go for Mahrez. Use the extra cash to offer Özil a massive contract.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No doubt Mahrez would be preferable to Lemar in the short-term; he'd be cheaper and he's in better form producing higher numbers. Long-term Lemar could surpass him I guess.

Don't you guys just get the feeling Lemar is more of an 'Arsenal-type' player than Mahrez? I can't put my finger on it. Something about the way his talent is more intangible & cerebral, while Mahrez's is more explicit, direct and quantifiable. Wenger seems to love a player whose qualities aren't immediately obvious. Maybe that's just in my head.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It’s a shame they don’t have Kenny Dalglish and that transfer committee around. They would find some hilarious ways to spend the Coutinho money might even give us a few bob for Walcott.
Aye cause he signed Luis Suarez and their current captain. His signing record wasn't as bad as made out.

pikey2000

No doubt Mahrez would be preferable to Lemar in the short-term; he'd be cheaper and he's in better form producing higher numbers. Long-term Lemar could surpass him I guess.

Don't you guys just get the feeling Lemar is more of an 'Arsenal-type' player than Mahrez? I can't put my finger on it. Something about the way his talent is more intangible & cerebral, while Mahrez's is more explicit, direct and quantifiable. Wenger seems to love a player whose qualities aren't immediately obvious. Maybe that's just in my head.

You may be right, i'd love "explicit, direct and quantifiable" though, just for a while :)

Aevi

Hale End FC
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17261-1415655209-4.gif

**** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom