• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Until Liverpool journalists start to report the story you can believe guys like John Percy Paul Joyce will know before everybody else

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
no one seemed to want him in the summer either, when push came to shove - I'm beginning to wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes which is putting clubs off

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
no one seemed to want him in the summer either, when push came to shove - I'm beginning to wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes which is putting clubs off
Made this comment a few pages back. Something's up about Mahrez.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There is nothing up, clubs just had other targets. We wanted a younger player in Lemar, who Wenger and Pires personally like. Utd needed a striker, Liverpool were after a CM and CB etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How good is Mahrez anyway? I think he’s a better footballer, but as players, I’ll have him just slightly better than Zaha.

al-Ustaadh

There is nothing up, clubs just had other targets. We wanted a younger player in Lemar, who Wenger and Pires personally like. Utd needed a striker, Liverpool were after a CM and CB etc.

Doesn't make sense, given all the talk about "Premier League" experience. We're talking about a PFA Player of the Year award winner here. There's no doubt of his talent.

al-Ustaadh

They want too much for him? Is there better value elsewhere?

No, not that they want too much. But that no major club has really gone in for him while his talent is clear in what he offers.

Edit: I mean... Look at what other players are going for, e.g. Coutinho.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
There hasn't been a genuine link with this guy since the summer. This whole thread is wishful thinking.
Come on. We had a huge thread on Mbappe during the summer window. People were genuinely thinking that Mbappe was going to join us in spite of interest from teams like Real Madrid and Bayern. Mahrez wish is much better than that.

LCFCWigstonblue

#FreeMahrez
I can’t see our owners letting him go for less than what VVD went for.
The Countinho deal has made sure of that, bearing in mind Mahrez over the last three seasons has a better assist and goal scoring record than Countinho and Hazard.
People only value him at £40m because it’s Leicester.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People only value him at £40m because it’s Leicester.

Maybe that is so, but I think his attitude has been questioned. He seems to be a player, that is likely to throw the toys out of the pram, if he does not get his way.

Would you say that is an unfair assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom