• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How do you know all these fellas?

Severe lack of other meaningful hobbies. Plus i'm a Norn Iron supporter and he bossed it for Switzerland when they played against us. The possible Xhaka-Zakaria midfield partnership is something we should keep an eye on at the World Cup.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Quality of the video is awful.

And he's being given the dreaded "Next Vieira" title.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We were actually linked to Pavard not long ago so it wouldn't surprise me if he's on our radar. He'd be a real coup. Whereas Diallo fits into the 'good find with high potential' category, Pavard is in the 'highly sought after wonderkid' category.

Also it's not that important that he's right-footed. Preferably you want a right-footed and a left-footed CB partnership, but it's not the end of the world. The fact he's a good player is much more important.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Quality of the video is awful.

And he's being given the dreaded "Next Vieira" title.

Tis a dreaded title. But he did actually cite Vieira in an interview as his idol and the player he'd like to emulate. He's also one of the very few players with the physical potential of Vieira, few midfielders playing right now have his strength and length of stride.

But yeah he's nowhere near Vieira right now. Vieira wasn't just a monster defensively, he was incredible going forward and his passing was very underappreciated. Zakaria's passing isn't as creative just yet, he completes a lot but they're mainly safe passes.

For Switzerland he was part of a double-pivot with Xhaka. He did all the running and tackling then he'd give it to Xhaka to start attacks. It's a good balance.

Very high potential I think, definitely worth looking at.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We were actually linked to Pavard not long ago so it wouldn't surprise me if he's on our radar. He'd be a real coup. Whereas Diallo fits into the 'good find with high potential' category, Pavard is in the 'highly sought after wonderkid' category.

Also it's not that important that he's right-footed. Preferably you want a right-footed and a left-footed CB partnership, but it's not the end of the world. The fact he's a good player is much more important.
We have no left-footed centerbacks though. Not one. That's why we're looking for one, or somebody like Evans who is good with both feet. I just don't see us going for a right-footed centerback.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Not bad, Ben. Not bad.

Watched the game this afternoon. The whole Stuttgart defence was overall spot on, albeit with little blips here and there. Pavard was the strongest of that back 4, maybe on par with Insua who was everywhere and won the ball for the goal, but the young frenchman was absolutely dominant. Great performance again in a massively important, tight game.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Guedes.

So next season our attack looks something like this.

Aubameyang
Guedes Özil Mkhitaryan​

He's having a great season apparently. It seems Valencia will try to make the loan permanent but financially we could compete with them if we wanted to.

Give me Allegri, Oblak, Alderweirald, Fabinho & Guedes and I'd be a happy bunny.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Give me Allegri, Oblak, Alderweirald, Fabinho & Guedes and I'd be a happy bunny.

Unfortunately, that'll be about 250 to 300m. And while, with player sales, it might be doable, knowing the board (and Wenger), it won't be done.

Allegri with a contract until 2020 will cost about 5 to 10m quid.
Oblak about 80. With van Dijk going for 70, Alderweireld will be valued around 80 by Levy. Fabinho maybe about 40, and PSG apparently turned down a 40m offer for Guedes from Valencia.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Unfortunately, that'll be about 250 to 300m. And while, with player sales, it might be doable, knowing the board (and Wenger), it won't be done.

Allegri with a contract until 2020 will cost about 5 to 10m quid.
Oblak about 80. With van Dijk going for 70, Alderweireld will be valued around 80 by Levy. Fabinho maybe about 40, and PSG apparently turned down a 40m offer for Guedes from Valencia.

A guy can dream.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
To sum up what everyone seems to want for our team to look like:

Manager: Niko Kovac

Oblak
Bellerin Toby Pavard Monreal
Fabinho Torreira
Mkhitaryan Özil Guedes
Aubameyang​

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
At least one and preferably two proper midfielders, strong, mobile and can play, sick of being bullied by cloggers like Dier and Wanyama.
Ideally Fabinho but the likes of Zakaria, Ndidi and Torreira look like possible alternatives.

Aevi

Hale End FC
In terms of cheaper (but still quality) CBs, I'd look at Lewis Dunk at Brighton. He's a big guy, but no slouch for pace and according to Brighton fans is also a surprisingly good passer and consistent performer. He's their captain which speaks to his leadership as well.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
In terms of cheaper (but still quality) CBs, I'd look at Lewis Dunk at Brighton. He's a big guy, but no slouch for pace and according to Brighton fans is also a surprisingly good passer and consistent performer. He's their captain which speaks to his leadership as well.

I don't know why Arsenal don't more often employ the strategy of buying up good players from smaller clubs in the league. Juve do it, Bayern do it, Utd used to do it a lot.

I was surprised at Dunk's stats, he's doing very well this season. Evans, Maguire & Lascelles are all CBs I'd be happy to consider too. But none of them get above 80% for pass completion and I'd bet that's the sort of thing that puts Arsenal off, even though you complete more passes in a better team.

Whoever it is, Arsenal needs a CB with game intelligence and organisational abilities to partner Mustafi. Mustafi is a doer and he's good at that, but he needs someone next to him telling him what to do.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Which other players in the PL are worth looking at: Ndidi, Doucoure, Richarlison, Mahrez, Masuaku, Tarkowski, Lemina, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Pickford? Some of them would certainly be good additions.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom