• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Oh come on now, it's a message board, no need to get up personal or try to be overly cute, respect others' opinions.

On the other hand, you can't reject anything just out of hand these days, in a world where donald trump becomes the most powerful man on the planet, where manmade objects can travel to the outer edges of our solar system and send back photographs of alien objects, where people inject petrochemical products under their lips and around their eyes to beat age. in short, if you can think it, it's possible.

just as a thought exercise, what's the main objective of the PR team of the club? just a brainstorm, nothing on good authority or any comprehensive list:
- monitor the overall statistics of fanbase - demographics, geography and relative density, income and habits
- platforms of fan discussion and engagement - INTERNET INTERNET INTERNET, and then sports bars, family and work circles, and finally matchday stadiums, club events.
- try to gauge the reaction of fanbase to various events and the elasticity of demand. how much do season ticket waiting lists and merchandise purchases fluctuate with various events (results, transfers, public statements of club figures, or just seasonality).

then there are the million dollar questions -

What is the likelihood that we will lose competitive edge and lose out on new generation of fans due to certain events or series of outcomes? what is the media and overall football community consensus on our style, attractivenees, prospects, etc.

in the context of the above, a few quid here and there would even justify itself as a simple experiment or a novelty project by our NFL-imported gurus that want to play with some parameters, or introduce other variables and see how one portal of fan discussion evolves.

TL:DR - make love, not war. no need to look down upon opinions of us mere mortals from the high pedestal of heavenly intelligence - for all we know, we could all be part of an alien teenager's dream.
Think this season is proving too much for some. This post proves that.

Ashybashy86

Oh come on now, it's a message board, no need to get up personal or try to be overly cute, respect others' opinions.

On the other hand, you can't reject anything just out of hand these days, in a world where donald trump becomes the most powerful man on the planet, where manmade objects can travel to the outer edges of our solar system and send back photographs of alien objects, where people inject petrochemical products under their lips and around their eyes to beat age. in short, if you can think it, it's possible.

just as a thought exercise, what's the main objective of the PR team of the club? just a brainstorm, nothing on good authority or any comprehensive list:
- monitor the overall statistics of fanbase - demographics, geography and relative density, income and habits
- platforms of fan discussion and engagement - INTERNET INTERNET INTERNET, and then sports bars, family and work circles, and finally matchday stadiums, club events.
- try to gauge the reaction of fanbase to various events and the elasticity of demand. how much do season ticket waiting lists and merchandise purchases fluctuate with various events (results, transfers, public statements of club figures, or just seasonality).

then there are the million dollar questions -

What is the likelihood that we will lose competitive edge and lose out on new generation of fans due to certain events or series of outcomes? what is the media and overall football community consensus on our style, attractivenees, prospects, etc.

in the context of the above, a few quid here and there would even justify itself as a simple experiment or a novelty project by our NFL-imported gurus that want to play with some parameters, or introduce other variables and see how one portal of fan discussion evolves.

TL:DR - make love, not war. no need to look down upon opinions of us mere mortals from the high pedestal of heavenly intelligence - for all we know, we could all be part of an alien teenager's dream.
I swear. Some people can't disagree with you without throwing in an insult. :lol:

giphy.gif

If Wenger got sacked this week it wouldnt change anything. Might as well stick with him till at least the end of the season.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
If Wenger got sacked this week it wouldnt change anything. Might as well stick with him till at least the end of the season.

He wont get sacked this week, hence the review discussions about the end of the season.
He should but he wont and yes it wont make any difference either way even if it did happen unless it gave us enough boost to win Europa. It would just make a lot of us feel better and breath a sigh of relief that its over but you voted that hes still the best man for the job I believe in any case.....

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Think this season is proving too much for some. This post proves that.
Hey, Hey now. Don't you go around denying Yeti, he's as real as Arsène's claws sunken into the Arsenal job, and much more interesting and cool than the sh°°show his team is producing last couple of seasons.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
So all that, or it's actually some guy's opinion?

Conspiracy is fun, just not very fruitful.

And yes, it's a message board so we all get to express ourselves. It should be pointed out that this doesn't mean the value of these expressions is equal. Quite the opposite really.

Yea it's cool man, i think most of us agree that it's conspiracy and probably a needless exercise worrying about paid hacks etc.

I just wanted to point out that what sounds crazy and delusional to one may have a reasonably justified ground for another. All conclusions or observations rely on a set of assumptions, and it's impossible to outright deny or prove thist assumptions. So it's no use getting too personal about someone else's interpretation of a certain assumption.

For example, first you think that a message board makes no difference to the club administration, or that the cost involved in a similar campaign (I'm not saying Wenger-sponsored crooks lurking in AM, necessarily) would be unjustified or ridiculous.

After a all, this is a club that pays 8m to a past it manager and 7m/year to Theo Walcott, so we know a thing or two about throwing money to the wind haha

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Maybe he should go or sell Xhaka in summer. I think he is trying to change him too much. He knew that Xhaka is a walking red card so let him be himself, no matter what.

Or maybe he feels the pressure from the fans, I can't blame him in a way, I remember when Xhaka got red cards he was bashed badly by fans, on the other hand when Wilshere got a red card against that U-21 team I think, most of the fans almost proclaimed him a hero of Arsenal for having strong nature and character.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nobody is trying to dispute Wenger's record over the years,
Piers Morgan is. He kicked off the internet campaign against Wenger. 2009 or 2010, since then it's gathered momentum like a snowball.

Like religion people bought into it and started looking for signs. Hindsight posting ruled.

Longy

Why? There's an overall record:
Time in charge: 22 years
Overall spend: 4th in the league
Av finishing position 2.74
Trophies: 10
Av Win rate: 58%

This year things have nose dived by his own excellent standards, he's 68 and the fans have been whipped up into a hate filled frenzy. He's got to go for everybody's sake.

But when he's gone and the rage has died down, sane people will look at that record and see it for what it is . . the best Arsenal manager ever and probably the second best performance of any manger to grace the English football world and certainly the most consistent.

There's no such thing as a Wenger apologist, just people who can accept cold hard facts and refuse to get swayed by the narrative of the pundits, journos and frustrated. :lol:
Can you do the same math for last 10 years please, I'm very interested.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Did your statement deserve more?

Is this the part where I call you "lad" or "son"? Can I sarcastically describe your intellect, or lack thereof? Perhaps you should invite me to a bar where you will "see if I say it to your face"?

Come now, you can't in any serious form consider it plausible that Arsenal pays people to post on a ****in' message board? That is either stupidity or paranoia.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Cheers.
@Rimaal knows there no paid Wenger apologists on here, it's her attempt at humour. Given how straight laced she normally is, I applaud it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Can you do the same math for last 10 years please, I'm very interested.
Of course, but that wouldn't be fair. For the first few years Wenger had to contend with United easily outspending him, but after 2004 the oligarchs started arriving. By 2008 3 teams were spending big at a time when the stadium had taken his spending well down the pecking order. But he still made top 4. A double whammy.

If you've followed any of my posts I 've been trying to look at Wenger's achievements in context over the years. Apart from this year he's done amazingly well.

Consistency has been his glory and his Achilles heel. Averaging 76 points a season has been amazing, but his variation either side of that has been small. If he had made 56 one season and 96 another, he would have won the league easily.

Piers Morgan is. He kicked off the internet campaign against Wenger. 2009 or 2010, since then it's gathered momentum like a snowball.

Like religion people bought into it and started looking for signs. Hindsight posting ruled.

That started with Piers Morgan?? I dread to think how gullible or low level intelligence someone has to be to buy into anything that insufferable ****** says.

Of course, but that wouldn't be fair. For the first few years Wenger had to contend with United easily outspending him, but after 2004 the oligarchs started arriving. By 2008 3 teams were spending big at a time when the stadium had taken his spending well down the pecking order. But he still made top 4. A double whammy.

If you've followed any of my posts I 've been trying to look at Wenger's achievements in context over the years. Apart from this year he's done amazingly well.

Consistency has been his glory and his Achilles heel. Averaging 76 points a season has been amazing, but his variation either side of that has been small. If he had made 56 one season and 96 another, he would have won the league easily.
Oh boo hoo, wouldn't be fair to your champion?! If you're not at least an apologist for the indefensible wenger, then you do champion & try to protect his record however. What are you so bl**dy worried about?? He hasn't been rewarded financially enough or hasn't had his ego stroked enough by sections of the press & sycophants like yourself?

That latest press conference was not AT ALL 'dignified' as you incorrectly described it. It was yet another display of a smug, deluded, egotistical, arrogant, tin despot. His shallow surface 'charm' or 'class' is only perpetuated by the press so they can continue their cliched narrative. He doesn't deserve to be admired as a manager up with the likes of fergie, pep, ancelotti or even mou as he has NEVER felt the pressure they've contended with from more diligent & demanding bosses yet still achieved league & CL victory.

BBF

Oh boo hoo, wouldn't be fair to your champion?! If you're not at least an apologist for the indefensible wenger, then you do champion & try to protect his record however. What are you so bl**dy worried about?? He hasn't been rewarded financially enough or hasn't had his ego stroked enough by sections of the press & sycophants like yourself?

:lol:

pacstud

Yea it's cool man, i think most of us agree that it's conspiracy and probably a needless exercise worrying about paid hacks etc.

I just wanted to point out that what sounds crazy and delusional to one may have a reasonably justified ground for another. All conclusions or observations rely on a set of assumptions, and it's impossible to outright deny or prove thist assumptions. So it's no use getting too personal about someone else's interpretation of a certain assumption.

For example, first you think that a message board makes no difference to the club administration, or that the cost involved in a similar campaign (I'm not saying Wenger-sponsored crooks lurking in AM, necessarily) would be unjustified or ridiculous.

After a all, this is a club that pays 8m to a past it manager and 7m/year to Theo Walcott, so we know a thing or two about throwing money to the wind haha
I don't take it personal. To me it's silly.

There is no onus on me to prove a thing. I simply see zero evidence of this scheme.

I do see a lot of angry people hitting keys.

ANGRY-captions-31668652-320-180.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Maybe he should go or sell Xhaka in summer. I think he is trying to change him too much. He knew that Xhaka is a walking red card so let him be himself, no matter what.

Or maybe he feels the pressure from the fans, I can't blame him in a way, I remember when Xhaka got red cards he was bashed badly by fans, on the other hand when Wilshere got a red card against that U-21 team I think, most of the fans almost proclaimed him a hero of Arsenal for having strong nature and character.
Please tell me if we sell him you'll go with:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom