• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
It was a rhetorical question that only an idiot can appreciate.

I want to keep very few of our players. Most of them are spineless and weak. I am willing to keep Kos, Aubameyang, Özil, Lacazette, Jack, Nacho, Santi (he is over, i know) and Mihitaryan. The rest can **** off.

progman07

Established Member
What amazes me about Wenger is that he always pretends that our issues are new and temporary. In reality we have been discussing very similar recurring issues about his teams in the last 10 years, and he has still not found a solution to many of them.

For years I hoped that he doesn't actually believe what he says on press conferences, but it turned out that he sadly does.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
What amazes me about Wenger is that he always pretends that our issues are new and temporary. In reality we have been discussing very similar recurring issues about his teams in the last 10 years, and he has still not found a solution to many of them.
For years I hoped that he doesn't actually believe what he says on press conferences, but it turned out that he sadly does.

He is allowed to believe what he says by our majority owner. Thats the problem.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This is the worst I've seen Arsenal play. He's always been able to stave off total catastrophe, often by the flimsiest of margins, but no w theres no hope. I fully expect us to be bundled out of Europa by Milan.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What happens if we go out to Milan? Do we keep Wenger or make a change?

Can't see the useless ****s on the board doing much myself.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would probably have qualified for the CL easily but for these results.

He put out the best team he could. This should have been an easy win. We need to blame the players first.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It'd be ideal if we could get the new man in this season, get a few games under his belt and decide what player (no plural) to keep.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
The problem with Arsenal comes down to 3 things:

1/ Poor transfer dealings & incomplete squad with a ****ty bench

2/ Poor defensive shape, coaching and discipline

3/ Fragile mentality

Points 1 & 2 are linked and can be blamed on the board and also on Wenger. Basically, the board has ****ed us with transfers, take 2015 for example, when all we bought was Cech and this summer when we didn't bring in a new defender. What that has led to in the past is the team collapsing when good players get injured and you have dross like Flamini filling in for Arteta. That's why we collapsed in 13/14. Finally the mentality issue can be blamed on Wenger not being a world class man manager who can fire up a team who have lianililiab like Flamini.

Finally, point 2, the lack of proper defensive coaching and shape...well the reality is that Wenger is past it tactics wise and can't keep up with the new managers. Leads to us failing against superior tactics and generally the team getting caught out due to ****ty defensive shape and coaching.

So who do we blame. Well that's easy, Kroenke followed by the board. Wenger is not the person who should feel our wrath. It's the ****ty board and owner.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Wasn't it the story that Josh was the one who stepped in and sacked Fisher after Papa cluelessly gave him a fat contract? If that's true we may have some hope.

Stan did give him a contract extension despite the fact he was hopeless at the job. They were moving to LA at the time and old Stan got all sentimental and wanted to give Fisher the chance to see if he could turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom