• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | April 8, 2018 14:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
What a funny game, not funny in a strange way but funny in a ha-ha way.

Am I right in thinking Iwobi had all 3 assists? He looked pretty sh*t at the start but he seemed to get better as it went on.

Won't be negative cos we all knew this would be a game where we get complacent and do stupid sh*t, it just had that sort of feel. On a positive note we won the game despite doing stupid complacent sh*t.

On a negative note, how are we ever supposed to trust Mustafi ever? Also the f*ck has happened to Wilshere? He looked useful when he played in Ramsey's absence a few months ago but he's been fairly useless for a while now. He looks like someone who isn't exactly playing for a new contract, so maybe talks have collapsed completely?
Agreed, I’m not sure what’s happened. He was decent in December and January but since then he has been poor.

This was half a team playing against a joke team. The performance and result was only to be expected. Don't see what there is to complain about. The PL is a good exercise for some of the reserves/youth players for the rest of this season. Could still push for fifth, but it's neither here nor there. The future is looking bright at the Arsenal !

Marmaduke

Both cynical slash aggressive fouls in my opinion. Wilshere knew what he was doing and the impact of his actions.

Technically he is safe, but the above makes it a red for me.
You mean the cynicism makes it a red?

Sure its cynical but you see players always "take a yellow for the team" in ways that are more dangerous that just grabbing a shirt.

The reciprocal shove was plain stupid on top of everything.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
And don’t even get me started on subbing Auba, has to be one of the strangest decisions I’ve ever witnessed.
What happens when you spend 50m on two strikers but play a 1 striker formation I guess!

Reactions: HBL

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Elneny is becoming one of our most important players, solid yet again. Man like Welbeck, take some funds from the ramsey pool and pay him what he wants.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You mean the cynicism makes it a red?

Sure its cynical but you see players always "take a yellow for the team" in ways that are more dangerous that just grabbing a shirt.

The reciprocal shove was plain stupid on top of everything.

Look, we see red cards (albeit via second yellow in this case) for things like kicking the ball away during a crunch Champions League match.

Also, beyond carding and just giving fouls, example penalties, we see some of the most daft situations completely change the game, because it was "technically correct".

The point I'm making is that we must look at the situation, and make as fair a judgement as possible. For me, that fair judgement was to send both off, despite one only going for the aggressive push in the end.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Look, we see red cards (albeit via second yellow in this case) for things like kicking the ball away during a crunch Champions League match.

Also, beyond carding and just giving fouls, example penalties, we see some of the most daft situations completely change the game, because it was "technically correct".

The point I'm making is that we must look at the situation, and make as fair a judgement as possible. For me, that fair judgement was to send both off, despite one only going for the aggressive push in the end.

Do you think Wilshere deserved a red if the Southampton player didn't react?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Subbing Auba is clearly to give Welbeck and Laca playing time together in view of Thursday

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Do you think Wilshere deserved a red if the Southampton player didn't react?

Interesting question.

No reaction from the player would actually save Wilshere in my opinion. He would get away with a yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom