• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He mad. Real mad. I can see him walking around his house destroying things. Valuable shop window time has been denied. If horse face was smart he’d have thought about the kind of motivated Jack we’d have seen in Russia and he’d be on the plane, but no, true to form, Mouthgate is as stupid as ever.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He mad. Real mad. I can see him walking around his house destroying things. Valuable shop window time has been denied. If horse face was smart he’d have thought about the kind of motivated Jack we’d have seen in Russia and he’d be on the plane, but no, true to form, Mouthgate is as stupid as ever.

Is Jack Wilshere your dad? It seems you're the only one who doesn't see why Southgate never took him, he really hasn't been impressive for like 2 seasons now.

This mental breakdown he's having on social media is embarrassing though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is Jack Wilshere your dad? It seems you're the only one who doesn't see why Southgate never took him, he really hasn't been impressive for like 2 seasons now.

This mental breakdown he's having on social media is embarrassing though.
Definitely not his dad, and you haven’t got to look far to see that I’m not the only one who thinks he should have gone.

You don’t rate him or have never rated him. I get it. Others do, and others think he should have gone. Apologies for having an opinion.

BigPoppaPump

Definitely not his dad, and you haven’t got to look far to see that I’m not the only one who thinks he should have gone.

You don’t rate him or have never rated him. I get it. Others do, and others think he should have gone. Apologies for having an opinion.

Difference between having an opinion and crusading for a player and taking it personally like he's your wife. Pull your skirt down.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
When was the last time he played, let alone contributed anything meaningful for England anyway?

Looking at transfermarkt's database he hasn't been on the pitch for England since the Iceland game at the Euros. 2 years ago! Where he was used as a sub player.

Made a move to Bournemouth just because he wasn't in the squad once, and ended up getting exposed. Pretty dumb decision. Has been super average for us too. Although unlucky not being able to play those friendlies he was called up to.

So really there's not much to say against the decision. It was the right call.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
When was the last time he played, let alone contributed anything meaningful for England anyway?

Looking at transfermarkt's database he hasn't been on the pitch for England since the Iceland game at the Euros. 2 years ago! Where he was used as a sub player.

Made a move to Bournemouth just because he wasn't in the squad once, and ended up getting exposed. Pretty dumb decision. Has been super average for us too. Although unlucky not being able to play those friendlies he was called up to.

So really there's not much to say against the decision. It was the right call.

The last time he had a consistent run in the England team I'm sure he picked up 6 or 7 motm awards on the spin. That is going back a few years to when hodgson was in charge though.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The last time he had a consistent run in the England team I'm sure he picked up 6 or 7 motm awards on the spin. That is going back a few years to when hodgson was in charge though.

That's before the Euros, where he already was reduced to the bench.

BigPoppaPump

Hang on, what am I supposed be doing so wrong here that warrants these posts of yours? You having a bad day or something lad?

I hate my job, maybe i'm taking it out on you lol. Nah but your posts were coming across a fanboyish, I just hold you to a higher regard.

scytheavatar

Established Member
When you look at those he does rate, though, would it not make you angry? Doesn't say an awful lot, but he's better than all of them. Not just that, but what he offers, none of them can muster, and it's what he offers that you need at international level. For me, it's like not taking a goalkeeper out there because you've got a few defenders that like goal line clearances. FWIW, I suspect Southgate's reason/s are not related to footballing ability.

What does Wilshere offer, hold the ball for too long until he gives it away? Not exactly something Southgate would miss.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think it’s best he moves on at this point. Don’t see him being a starter under Emery which will further frustrate him.

Sad that injuries have affected him so badly but everyone must move on.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That's before the Euros, where he already was reduced to the bench.

Yeah, a few years back (which was the last time he had a consistent run as an answer to your question).

Didn't he go into the euros carrying an injury? I'm sure I remember something being up, with the media attention focusing on him being our most consistent performer late into 2015 and then serious worries about his fitness heading into 2016.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is there any point having guys like Livermore on the bench for England? Jack can have a bigger affect coming off the bench.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I hate my job, maybe i'm taking it out on you lol. Nah but your posts were coming across a fanboyish, I just hold you to a higher regard.
:lol: I hate mine too! I’m not a fan boy though. As @Garrincha said, they lay out a criteria and then go against it, which only comes across as bullshit. I am talking as an England fan as well, not a gooner, which gooners from another country might not get.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Is there any point having guys like Livermore on the bench for England? Jack can have a bigger affect coming off the bench.

In fairness to Jake he has done well when playing for England. I do agree he's not the sort you really want as a game changer from the bench though and he's unlikely to be a starter this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom