• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
When you look at those he does rate, though, would it not make you angry? Doesn't say an awful lot, but he's better than all of them. Not just that, but what he offers, none of them can muster, and it's what he offers that you need at international level. For me, it's like not taking a goalkeeper out there because you've got a few defenders that like goal line clearances. FWIW, I suspect Southgate's reason/s are not related to footballing ability.

Yeah I'd be annoyed if I was Wilshere but I think his first two tweets on the subject said all that needed to be said. These last few social media updates have just been a bit weird, thought it was a parody at first.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
:lol: That's easily said. What will it do for his England chances as long as the gutless horse face is manager? **** trying to impress that ****. I don't believe he'll slack off for Arsenal because he didn't go to Russia. He can't focus on anything else now other than his club football.

Too many people now saying he didn’t deserve to go or that he isn’t good enough anymore(even arsenal fans). He needs to ball at a level that can’t be denied. Then you can only hope the Fa sees some sense and gets rid of Southgate(he'll probably be safe though as I see England getting to QF at least).

Knew he would take it hard, but I didn't expect him to be so open with his disappointment.

ksarp

Yeah want him to channel it into Arsenal , he can go a level up physically I do believe that . I actually think he will have a big year for us just got to have a massive pre season .

Here I was thinking this mindset died with Wenger's departure..

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah want him to channel it into Arsenal , he can go a level up physically I do believe that . I actually think he will have a big year for us just got to have a massive pre season .
I really don't think he's staying and the sad thing is that he didn't need to go to Bournemouth and be less than stellar after what happened to Cazorla. He and Joe Hart have prioritised playing for England over their clubs and they've both failed. I don't think Southgate wants anyone with a fitness issue no matter what skills they have. Fair play to him on that to after the Beckham and Rooney disasters. Naingollan and Icardi are two who have a lot more to moan about imo.

Stannis

This is Jack showing aggression in the field :

loose the ball and then make a stupid tackle or a shove, get a card. Idiot fans then say “ he is the only one showing passion”

Imagine if Xhaka did that crap

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is Jack showing aggression in the field :

loose the ball and then make a stupid tackle or a shove, get a card. Idiot fans then say “ he is the only one showing passion”

Imagine if Xhaka did that crap

I mean channel it into pre season . What you described to me isn't showing aggression , more coming apart mentally which he does when he get's frustrated .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I really don't think he's staying and the sad thing is that he didn't need to go to Bournemouth and be less than stellar after what happened to Cazorla. He and Joe Hart have prioritised playing for England over their clubs and they've both failed. I don't think Southgate wants anyone with a fitness issue no matter what skills they have. Fair play to him on that to after the Beckham and Rooney disasters. Naingollan and Icardi are two who have a lot more to moan about imo.

Southgate wants an athletic fit , that can press high win the ball and give it to Kane . Just no place for Jack in there .

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Why can't we get players called up for England? I'm pissed off that the managers for England have constantly overlooked Arsenal players for major tournaments.
I love rooting for England when I can also route for an Arsenal player.
Now I have to settle.

Not enough individual talent to shine. Does Kane and Alli have a playmaker to feed them the ball in dangerous areas? I don't think so...we have no Eriksen...that would have been Wilshere.

Hopefully England wins the World Cup, but they could fall flat on their face like in Brazil. My favorite team I hope that goes far is Nigeria...hoping Iwobi can up his value to become the James Rodriguez of this tournament.
Xhaka plays a boring role so not much to watch or route for the Swiss. El-Nenny could make some noise with Salah for Egypt.

I feel Nigeria and Egypt will both make it to the last 8. An African team will be closer. Of the two, I pick Nigeria to make it to the final.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why can't we get players called up for England? I'm pissed off that the managers for England have constantly overlooked Arsenal players for major tournaments.
I love rooting for England when I can also route for an Arsenal player.
Now I have to settle.

Not enough individual talent to shine. Does Kane and Alli have a playmaker to feed them the ball in dangerous areas? I don't think so...we have no Eriksen...that would have been Wilshere.

Hopefully England wins the World Cup, but they could fall flat on their face like in Brazil. My favorite team I hope that goes far is Nigeria...hoping Iwobi can up his value to become the James Rodriguez of this tournament.
Xhaka plays a boring role so not much to watch or route for the Swiss. El-Nenny could make some noise with Salah for Egypt.

I feel Nigeria and Egypt will both make it to the last 8. An African team will be closer. Of the two, I pick Nigeria to make it to the final.

Wilshere is not much of a playmaker...... laughable to compare him to Eriksen. Wilshere didn't get called up because he's not good enough.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Southgate wants an athletic fit , that can press high win the ball and give it to Kane . Just no place for Jack in there .

I think that's more or less what's happening. Jack doesn't have the athleticism and he doesn't produce enough numbers to justify his lack of it. If he was getting even half of Özil's output he'd be one of the first on the plane.

Stannis

Surprised he even had arsenal on his insta bio in the first place. One Twitter he didn’t have it since he ran off to Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom