• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What does Wilshere offer, hold the ball for too long until he gives it away? Not exactly something Southgate would miss.
See this is what I mean when I say I’m talking as an England fan and not an Arsenal fan. His performances for England in midfield have been far better than any other midfielder has produced for as long as i can remember. I wouldn’t expect everyone here to remember those.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Valuable shop window time has been denied. If horse face was smart he’d have thought about the kind of motivated Jack we’d have seen in Russia and he’d be on the plane, but no, true to form, Mouthgate is as stupid as ever.

Horse face ffs. That’s our England manager, upon which all our hopes and fears rest. The man who can make or destroy a summer for 63 million people. The man chosen to carry our three lions badge with honour and pride. Have some respect.

Horse face ffs.

HappyChap

Sad that injuries have affected him so badly but everyone must move on.
Not only injuries, I think his decision to build muscles was wrong one. He lost the ability to burst past players and get out of tight situations with ball at his feet, and all because he is not as agile as he was before. I don't know whose idea was that but it clearly isn't helping him as a football player. Without these attributes, Jack is just an average footballer.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol: I hate mine too! I’m not a fan boy though. As @Garrincha said, they lay out a criteria and then go against it, which only comes across as bullshit. I am talking as an England fan as well, not a gooner, which gooners from another country might not get.

They did and Southgate called up others straight away that didn't fit in at all . To me it was mostly excuses to not call him up for whatever reason .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They did and Southgate called up others straight away that didn't fit in at all . To me it was mostly excuses to not call him up for whatever reason .
I know, that's what does me in! Pretty sure Jack would like to use names of players as examples of Southgate's bullshit, but he's stopped short of that... for the moment. It's Friday though, so it might be worth checking his twitter after he's had a few beers :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Not only injuries, I think his decision to build muscles was wrong one. He lost the ability to burst past players and get out of tight situations with ball at his feet, and all because he is not as agile as he was before. I don't know whose idea was that but it clearly isn't helping him as a football player. Without these attributes, Jack is just an average footballer.

Damned If you do damned If you dont kind of deal imo

You need to build musclemass to not get injured

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Me and Jack are the same height and you need to bulk up when you're this size so you don't look like a little boy. However, the way jack runs looks like he's carry cinder blocks on his legs.

I bet he's so pissed cos there's players chosen for England he's sure he's better than. But playing for England has influenced too much of his decisions, the boy needs to remember who gives him a pay check.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He needs to drop bulk, mostly off his legs. He's over-done it. Needs to lose bulk all over and train for stamina, agility and less stress on his joints. But he wont.

Disagree

Especially when you have so many previous injuries like Jack
He needs musclemass to compensate for lousy joints and ligaments
It is not like the old wivestale that broken bones heals stronger

Everytime you have a tear in an acl /mcl or whatever it creates scartissue that makes the ligaments less stretchy and able to bounce back

If it is reattached completely even worse

And you need the extra protection playing in the PL

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Disagree

Everytime you have a tear in an acl /mcl or whatever it creates scartissue that makes the ligaments less stretchy and able to bounce back

He's never damaged his ACL or MCL before... I think he needs to take weight off his joints and create less force on them when he twists and turns. There would be benefits for dropping mass. It wouldn't be all great, but I think it'll be better where it matters most for Jack.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse

He just doesn't like Wilshere. I think it started when Wenger called him out for not picking Wilshere and Southgate has held a grudge ever since.

Disagree

For a player like Jack quick movement and a burst of pace is essential. I think this is part of a reason why he has struggled this season. The ability to do little shimmy and evade a player was such a massive part of his game, so the weight certainly wouldn’t help.

As you say though the increased mass may have played a part in his injury free season.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
A lot of twitter chat that he's been released and no longer says he's an Arsenal player in his twitter bio (if it ever did).

Only English player on this list (look away Özil haters):

Dude...he is right at the bottom of the list. How is that good?

say yes

forum master baiter
Satire can be difficult to express through text. Go to page 266 and you'll see someone already posted that list and had this exact conversation :lol:

Ah ok, fair play.

Reading that back now and there’s some unbelievably poor posting. How can people not understand a list like that? :lol:

Think I just saw lots of Kash posts at the time and skipped through.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Horse face ffs. That’s our England manager, upon which all our hopes and fears rest. The man who can make or destroy a summer for 63 million people. The man chosen to carry our three lions badge with honour and pride. Have some respect.

Horse face ffs.
If you've seen him you can't unsee him. It's a ****ing horse. And an ugly horse at that.

Last edited:

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Ah ok, fair play.

Reading that back now and there’s some unbelievably poor posting. How can people not understand a list like that? :lol:

Think I just saw lots of Kash posts at the time and skipped through.

Yeah it was a bit baffling, people on here need to be more balanced when they post about players they aren't fond of. Personally i'm not sure where i stand on Wilshere. Would be happy to keep him but also not too big a blow if he left. The best thing for him might be to leave as i don't see him being a starter here, especially if we get another CM/DM. Can see plenty of teams that would take him, probably end up at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom