• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
They've also gone through a stadium expansion which has cost in excess of £100m, this was completely financed by an extremely generous "loan" (this is closer to a cash injection really) from FSG. Without this there's no way they'd be able to spend at the level we're currently seeing.

It’s not making that much of a difference is it? A loan that size over 5-10 years is a small repayment. The only reason they used their own credit facility was because of the low interest rate which saved them £3m in interest per year.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't like this gap between the world cup ending and the PL starting, pre-season can only do so much.

At least once the season starts this year the window will be completely closed for once and we can just get on with it.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I don't like this gap between the world cup ending and the PL starting, pre-season can only do so much.

At least once the season starts this year the window will be completely closed for once and we can just get on with it.

Is the window still open to sell abroad? We will have three weeks of Ramsey to Juventus links.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We have spent 180m in a year. Lets face it our selling ability has been p1ss poor, apart from maybe ox. The sanchez situation should have not dragged on.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its a shame we never got the money for Alexis.

I like Micky but 40-60m extra & 100k+ free wages for the new regime could go a long way.

field442

Trusted ⭐
We have spent 180m in a year. Lets face it our selling ability has been p1ss poor, apart from maybe ox. The sanchez situation should have not dragged on.

You take £60m for Sanchez every time. Even if we had done it we’d have followed up with a **** decision anyway by spending £90m on Lemar. We could’ve bought Mahrez and had change left over.

BobP

Memri Fan
Its a shame we never got the money for Alexis.

I like Micky but 40-60m extra & 100k+ free wages for the new regime could go a long way.

That's one way of looking at it.

One could also say that reuniting the potent couplet of Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang was a good move. In other words, we were lucky that we got a player who already had a fantastic rapport with our record signing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because i am negative about our spending to find real quality who can up us a level i dont have faith for next season? thats misguided tbf. I still have faith in our upcoming season.

Leno, Sokratis and Torreira especially have improved our starting 11?

Why do good signings have to = tonnes of cash?! I could make a pretty comprehensive list of players who were signed for bucket loads and completely failed.

You only throw HUGE money at real top quality, like Aubameyang. Which we did!!

Literally agree with Mark on this. What do you actually expect? Us to go out and get Alisson or Oblak for £70-100M? They wouldn't join us. Would you prefer us to get Jorginho for £55M over Torreira cos he cost more?

THE ONLY position I could sympathise with you on spending big on a top young player would be a CB. But we need to see how Mustafi, Holding, Chambers and Sokratis go first under a new regime.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Is the window still open to sell abroad? We will have three weeks of Ramsey to Juventus links.

Bit worried about that, maybe that's why we're supposedly trying to sign another midfielder.

At least we can sign players then still have the deadwood cleared through August.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Exactly hopefully things will change both on and off the field. If we could sell like Pool and Chelsea

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It’s not making that much of a difference is it? A loan that size over 5-10 years is a small repayment. The only reason they used their own credit facility was because of the low interest rate which saved them £3m in interest per year.

It's a massive difference - I believe the loan doesn't have a fixed amortisation term, i.e. pay whenever you can. FSG may very well forgive the debt, that is a possibility.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Our selling ability is a huge reflection of the players we have recruited over the years, so many poor signings with rubbish resell values and contracts they dont deserve.

Ox could have been a £50mil+ RWB if his contract was under control.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Our selling ability is a huge reflection of the players we have recruited over the years, so many poor signings with rubbish resell values and contracts they dont deserve.
I don't think that's entirely accurate. For some reason, Wenger sold his best players for small fees.
Henry, Nasri, Adebayor, Fabregas, RvP all went for less than their value and I don't understand the reason why that happened.

I remember when Henry was sold to Barca and I expected us to get around 40-50 mil for him considering the player he was. I was flabbergasted when we let him go for a measly 21.50 mil, even if he was almost 30 at that time.

Wenger was always good at getting players for relatively small fees, but was dropping the ball when he was selling them.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I remember when Henry was sold to Barca and I expected us to get around 40-50 mil for him considering the player he was. I was flabbergasted when we let him go for a measly 21.50 mil, even if he was almost 30 at that time.
I was confused by that too. Couldn't believe the fee he went for.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I was confused by that too. Couldn't believe the fee he went for.
Might be the age factor and that nagging Achilles tendon injury he was having for a while that played a part in the fee, but all that aside, we could have got at least 30-33 mil for him.
I mean, the quality they were getting for the money was invaluable and they went on to win the treble, so it would have been worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom