• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Our selling ability is a huge reflection of the players we have recruited over the years, so many poor signings with rubbish resell values and contracts they dont deserve.

Ox could have been a £50mil+ RWB if his contract was under control.
Some of that is true but letting contracts run down doesnt help. We held onto certain players for too long, like now we need to make a decision on Ramsey.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Looked sh1t in the world cup mate
He's produced every season he's been a first-team player, getting better with each season:
13/14: 11 g, 12a
14/15: 11g, 10a
15/16: 11 g, 10a
16/17: 10g, 21a
17/18: 23g, 17a

He's not perfect but he has brilliant movement and virtually guaranteed end product

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sterling's literally off the back of a top season with City. Also I didn't think he was that bad at the world cup, his link-up with Kane vs Sweden was pretty good and he was England's major threat against Croatia in a very mediocre performance from the team.

I'm sure him and City will come to an agreement though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He's produced every season he's been a first-team player, getting better with each season:
13/14: 11 g, 12a
14/15: 11g, 10a
15/16: 11 g, 10a
16/17: 10g, 21a
17/18: 23g, 17a

He's not perfect but he has brilliant movement and virtually guaranteed end product
True how much in this market though 70m plus??

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I don't think that's entirely accurate. For some reason, Wenger sold his best players for small fees.
Henry, Nasri, Adebayor, Fabregas, RvP all went for less than their value and I don't understand the reason why that happened.

I remember when Henry was sold to Barca and I expected us to get around 40-50 mil for him considering the player he was. I was flabbergasted when we let him go for a measly 21.50 mil, even if he was almost 30 at that time.

Wenger was always good at getting players for relatively small fees, but was dropping the ball when he was selling them.

Sorry was talking post Fabregas era, probably should have made it more clear really, RVP was the contract situation, agree with the earlier years and fees, Wenger seemed like he was more interested in giving them players their dream moves over what was best for the club.

nick gould

I don't think that's entirely accurate. For some reason, Wenger sold his best players for small fees.
Henry, Nasri, Adebayor, Fabregas, RvP all went for less than their value and I don't understand the reason why that happened.

I remember when Henry was sold to Barca and I expected us to get around 40-50 mil for him considering the player he was. I was flabbergasted when we let him go for a measly 21.50 mil, even if he was almost 30 at that time.

Wenger was always good at getting players for relatively small fees, but was dropping the ball when he was selling them.
It was his way of getting rid of the players who were getting cheesed off by the lack of ambition. Vieira went on the cheap as well. Maybe the only one who was sold for his market value at the time was Anelka and Vermalen. Hleb the dribbler went for peanuts and you would hear people say Wenger knows.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to have Sterling here, just to p*ss off the racists. Plus he's really good, and i'm pretty sure he's an Arsenal fan.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think City will pay him solely because he’s a quality English player. They’re like gold dust.

They had to keep Dedrick f*cking Boyata in their squad list for like 5 years at one point just because he was homegrown.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Maybe the only one who was sold for his market value at the time was Anelka and Vermalen.
Bruh. Everybody and their dog knew he was a crock, so it's either a stroke of genius from Wenger or Barcelona were complete idiots, because 20 mil for Vermaelen was a pipe dream before they came with the offer.

He was involved in 14 games for us in his last season and in only 25 during his 4 years at the Camp Nou! No one in their right mind would spent that amount for a highly injury prone player.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I'd like to have Sterling here, just to p*ss off the racists. Plus he's really good, and i'm pretty sure he's an Arsenal fan.
giphy.gif

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Most expensive defender and the most expensive goalkeeper are playing for Liverpool now.

Only place 4 will be not good enough anymore for the fans with this squad. At least nice to see, that one of United and Liverpool will fail again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom