• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Focusing on Xhaka is a pretty obvious tactic our opponents can adopt at this point. He’s almost guaranteed to crumble under the slightest pressure 2-3 times/game. It would be criminal not to focus on him.

If xhaka was so good then why did Matteo stay on the pitch instead of him? Unai has given him the most minutes out of anyone in the team during preseason and he’s now at the point where he’s staying on pitch and playing 90 mins against City instead of Xhaka and Ramsey, two of our “captains”.
I think it’s maybe time you get used to him.

I Dunno must have been a fitness issue

Strange subs

Mkhitharyan was the worst on the pitch yet he stayed on

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Focusing on Xhaka is a pretty obvious tactic our opponents can adopt at this point. He’s almost guaranteed to crumble under the slightest pressure 2-3 times/game. It would be criminal not to focus on him.

If xhaka was so good then why did Matteo stay on the pitch instead of him? Unai has given him the most minutes out of anyone in the team during preseason and he’s now at the point where he’s staying on pitch and playing 90 mins against City instead of Xhaka and Ramsey, two of our “captains”.
I think it’s maybe time you get used to him.
Xhaka had a yellow card and Ramsey had just came back from a calf strain. Fairly easy to see why he stayed on the park.

His performance was very encouraging. With the exception of the goal. The next step for him is to maintain that performance level over 5 games, then to 10 games. That's when we will know if we have a proper player on our hands. A very encouraging start. And I'm curious how him and Torreira perform together.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Xhaka had a yellow card and Ramsey had just came back from a calf strain. Fairly easy to see why he stayed on the park.

His performance was very encouraging. With the exception of the goal. The next step for him is to maintain that performance level over 5 games, then to 10 games. That's when we will know if we have a proper player on our hands. A very encouraging start. And I'm curious how him and Torreira perform together.
Good points but if he was as bad (and other players as good) as yeahbee makes him out to be then surely he’d be the one to make way for a substitute.

Either way we looked much better with them off the pitch than on it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was better than Xhaka. Simple as.

Xhaka is still the safer bet overall but with Guendouzi showing the kind of bravery and attributes that he has shown in the little time he has been here, you have to wonder for how long.

Xhaka's time at Arsenal has been full of peaks and troughs. As much as I still have time for Xhaka, he's not indispensable.

el_gibor

This kid looks promising. I wasn’t one of the fans who got carried away with his accomplished displays in pre-season. But I’m also not going to put to much into his sloppy display against a class City side who pressed the **** out of the whole team. Despite that he still done some good things. I hope he starts against Chelsea.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He was better than Xhaka. Simple as.

Xhaka is still the safer bet overall but with Guendouzi showing the kind of bravery and attributes that he has shown in the little time he has been here, you have to wonder for how long.

Xhaka's time at Arsenal has been full of peaks and troughs. As much as I still have time for Xhaka, he's not indispensable.

He Kinda is

Last season we looked way way worse when he wasnt playing

When / if Emery gets the whole team organized Xhaka will soar like the majestic eagle he is

As it is now he gets left alone and has to pay for others mistakes

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can I just say.. YES!!. Yes. How do we sign him for the rest of his career. Make no mistake, this lad is going to be huge.. Yes, there are mistakes.. For the most part they are simple symptoms of naivety in the top leagues. Creases (kinks), one could say, which WILL be ironed out.

Lad's going to be a star!

Fallout

on current trajectory this kid is going to barca one day ... all down to how much he wants to succeed and how we manage him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom