• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

Laca comes in to save the day. Hes our best player right now, and he should be given a run as a starting striker.

Overall scrappy performance but got the points we needed.

If its true that Özil decided to just not be on the bench, thats unbelievable. Starting to get really, really tired of his antics and love the fact that Emery has the balls to drop him. He is ill all the time, sulks and makes a fuss about things and when he does play he´s not very good. Looking like a big mistake to give him a new contract, were gonna be stuck with him like manu and Rooney.

Expect the club to at least fine him, and tell him to get his sh*t together. This is not a damn kindergarden.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Says the guy who wishes that a certain player plays bad just so he can stop playing. I’m not sure I’m the biased one in this situation
Says the guy with the " Özil at 10 or We Riot" caption under his username and who constantly defends him wherever he can on this forum.
I never said I wanted him to play badly, so you're putting words in my mouth again. I just don't want him to play. Period.
He's a liability and a lazy player who won't see much playing time here once everyone gets in shape for the pressing game and starts to contribute physically.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I don’t have a problem with arsenal winning without özil. But to think that we looked better without him on the pitch is ridiculous. It’s west ham, we should be creating chances with those guys today. That’s a given. That still doesn’t excuse that awful performance from Ramsey and co.

We were lucky today and we didn’t win because of our own quality unfortunately

Imo Ramsey had a good game. Worked his socks off. Most of the "individual mistakes" today were the results of unbalance in team positioning and collective play which is obviously something we have to work on. The most positive thing today imo was the fact that we created a lot despite not having Özil. And that is the result of having a systematic approach to the game. We once again used all our three subs, yet we kept on being dangerous going forward with all incarnations of our XI. To me that's a good sign: we are less vulnerable to injuries or to the forms of a individual players because no matter who plays, every position has a clear role within the system. That's improvement. Now we need to find balance in the offensive and defensive sides of the game and we especially need to work on our counter pressing after we lose the ball because it's obviously a big part of the defensive approach Emery wants to build.

As far as the team selection goes, this was Emery's third game. It's obvious he is still trying to find his best XI which is only natural. I remember quite well how much Klopp and Guardiola rotated their squads in their respective first seasons, trying find the best team selection. It'll take some time before we have a template XI.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
One thing I've also noticed is that IMO we look physically inferior to every team we've faced thus far. Some of our players are too slow and too light weight.
And they are so easy to dribble past. I don't know what it is and it's a problem I've noticed for a long long time. All it takes is a little shimmy or body feint and they are left for dead. Pressing won't work if you're that easy to get past.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Good point, it’s a weird one knowing that what we’re watching isn’t the finished product. How do you separate what’s crap from what is a product of still learning?
It's a tough one and really it's subjective to each person. Personally in this case I'm of the opinion an artist is only as good as his brushes. Emery is using brushes that do not suit his technique so it will be a bit crap until he can figure out who can do what he asks and gets in new players to replace those that cannot. Realistically three windows, or one season, should be enough to judge is it crap or a period of adjustment.

TheArsenalis

We looked terrible and we could’ve easily lost the game tbh
Thank god we pulled through in the end
I dont care that we couldve lost. We have lost out 2 previous game with him. To win without him is a confidence booster. These wins are good wins without one of our better players.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Says the guy with the " Özil at 10 or We Riot" caption under his username and who constantly defends him wherever he can on this forum.
I never said I wanted him to play badly, so you're putting words in my mouth again. I just don't want him to play. Period.
He's a liability and a lazy player who won't see much playing time here once everyone gets in shape for the pressing game and starts to contribute physically.
If there’s a better player than Özil in his position in the team then I’d prefer him over Özil. There is none atm hence the caption. I’m not a super fan or nothing I just want the best players in our team to play in their preferred positions. If monreal was continually played as a CB then I’d be just as annoyed as when I see mesut play RW.

I’m not putting no words in your mouth bro, that’s exactly what you said lol. “The last thing we want is Özil to play well”. Your words, not mine.

He’s the best we’ve got atm and you’ll soon find out if Emery persists with that rugby player.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If there’s a better player than Özil in his position in the team then I’d prefer him over Özil.
I'd rather have Ramsey and Mikiwork their ass off and be somewhat inconsistent than Özil be invisible for 90 minutes, but that's just me.

I’m not putting no words in your mouth bro, that’s exactly what you said lol. “The last thing we want is Özil to play well”. Your words, not mine.
You're probably a stranger to the meaning of the word paradox. If he plays well against a crap team, then he's given a vote of confidence against a better team and goes missing. That's why I'd rather not have him play at all.

It's not to say that I mean for him to play badly, because a contribution is a contribution at the end of the day, but he's been in fluff for too long and needs to understand that his spot is not safe anymore. He has to work for it and improve.

TheArsenalis

Laca comes in to save the day. Hes our best player right now, and he should be given a run as a starting striker.

Overall scrappy performance but got the points we needed.

If its true that Özil decided to just not be on the bench, thats unbelievable. Starting to get really, really tired of his antics and love the fact that Emery has the balls to drop him. He is ill all the time, sulks and makes a fuss about things and when he does play he´s not very good. Looking like a big mistake to give him a new contract, were gonna be stuck with him like manu and Rooney.

Expect the club to at least fine him, and tell him to get his sh*t together. This is not a damn kindergarden.
If its true, i could only laugh. I made a point about his reasons for quitting germany is a cowardice act. Now he wasnt playing well got dropped and his reaction here now is just the same. Man up or ship out. Nobody is gonna pay 350k a week to slack off because youre Özil.

Wasnt taken likely when i said it last time, some call it lowkey racism. But ima say it again if he doesnt cut it here its back to the turkish minor league.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I dont care that we couldve lost. We have lost out 2 previous game with him. To win without him is a confidence booster. These wins are good wins without one of our better players.
We played against West ham not city or Chelsea and we looked terrible defensively. The reasoning behind dropping him is that he’s a defensive liability right? What’s the point when we look just as bad defensively against West ham as we did against city/Chelsea?

TheArsenalis

We played against West ham not city or Chelsea and we looked terrible defensively. The reasoning behind dropping him is that he’s a defensive liability right? What’s the point when we look just as bad defensively against West ham as we did against city/Chelsea?
Bra i do not know why he was dropped man. They say he was ill ****ong ill. We played without him and won end it there.

City chelsea west ham leeds it doesnt matter. All opposition will fight you. We can beat barcelona one game and lose to west brom the next. Its game by game. How ironic that the game we won was actually our worst performance. Ddnt city just drew today?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I'd rather have Ramsey work his ass off and be somewhat inconsistent than Özil be invisible for 90 minutes, but that's just me.

You're probably a stranger to the meaning of the word paradox. If he plays well against a crap team, then he's given a vote of confidence against a better team and goes missing. That's why I'd rather not have him play at all.

It's not to say that I mean for him to play badly, because a contribution is a contribution at the end of the day, but he's been in fluff for too long and needs to understand that his spot is not safe anymore. He has to work for it and improve.
So I’m not putting words in your mouth then am I :lol:
And as someone has already pointed out, your logic is incredibly flawed. You don’t like the man, no need to beat around the bush.

And I rather see Özil be a flat track bully for a whole season than see Ramsey be consistently ****, but that’s just me

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Why would I not be?

Torreira coming on provided the defensive security which enabled him to put his foot on the ball and play us into the game.

I agree.... Xhaka + Best possible DM we can put on field + Best possible #10 we can put on field should be our midfield.

Up front you need hold up play ....so use Laca ....mkhi/ Iwobi/Ramsey/Welbeck/Auba on wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom