• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | October 28, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I read Emery likes to train exactly 24 hrs before kick off. I hope he remembers to train at 2.30pm on Sat. At least the lads get an extra hours kip!

Tomb Bombadil

I guess the only question marks are CB, 1 Winger, LB

• CB: If Sokratis is fully fit he should start. And next to him I guess it will be Mustafi but I would be happy with Holding.
  • Winger: Özil, Lacazette and Iwobi were on the bench, so I guess they will play. Last position in attack we have many options with Aubameyang, Welbeck, Mkhitaryan or Ramsey. I guess it will be Auba but Welbeck would have earned a start and Auba is a supersub.
  • LB: Depends on who is fit. I hope it's Monreal if not Kolasinac/Lichtsteiner/Xhaka.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Untitled.jpg

Tasty lineup. Hoping we see this. I reckon it depends who’s fitter out of Kola and Nacho for who gets the nod at LB.

Be interesting to see if Leno gets the nod over Cech too. I’d certainly keep him in goal.

Going for a 0-3

Auba and Laca x2.

Reactions: A_G

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
BPL-English-Premier-League-2015-16-Crystal-Palace-vs-Arsenal-Match-Live-Goals-Points-Team-Squad.png

Referee: Martin Atkinson

• Roy Hodgson is looking for his first Premier League win over Arsenal in 10 attempts, having last emerged victorious with Fulham in August 2008.
  • Crystal Palace have netted just three goals in their last eight PL matches, while failing to score on five occasions. Only in 2017/18, when they only struck twice, have the Eagles scored fewer goals after their first nine top-flight matches than they have now, with five.
  • Arsenal have scored six PL goals via substitutes this season, more than any other team.
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored a PL goal every 104.6 minutes on average, the best minutes-to-goal ratio in the competition's history for players with at least 10 strikes.
Team News
Cech fit again
Monreal, Kolasinac expected to return

Untitled.jpg

I'd pick the same line up but Holding for Mustafi and Lich for Bellerin.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Also our weakest link defensively and error prone.

Hasn't been that much worse than Monreal this season tbh, and not so many errors by him, just his usual defensive positioning and man-marking problems.

HBL

Established Member
Also our weakest link defensively and error prone.
Agreed. The assists are masking over some of his actual performances this season. He was dreadful in the first halves against Fulham and Leicester and it will be interesting to see how he deals with the likes of Zaha, Mane and Martial in the coming weeks.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
For some reason i thought we had a bad record at their ground but we've won 4 out of the last 5 there in the league.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lol wtf just seen emery played xhaka as LB against sporting emery is risky bastard
I'll go with
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Mustafi Nacho
Xhaka Torreira
Iwobi Özil auba
Laca

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I have watched every single game of ours since our run began and won't be able to watch this one by the looks of it.

Worried I'm going to jinx it.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Hope the team aren't watching the pundits , writing off Palace all the talk of Liverpool . Arrogant rubbish . Need to win this game .

Yep, smells like a stupid slip from previous seasons.
Tough away game, a team losing focus during momentum, underperforming but tough opponent, becoming cocky and delusional.

The positive is Emery who seems to have installed a 100% focus mentality. This is the last game of our 8-winnable-run and if we get 8/8 I would consider it an amazing job and such a great foundation for the Pool match.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Palace are better than their recent form suggests. Their big problem is the goals have dried up. If this carries on for one more game we only need a goal to win and I simply cannot see us not scoring.

This nonsense of playing a strong team in every game has to be curtailed against Blackpool. We need to go through with minimum effort so as to be fresh for Liverpool. Liverpool are already out remember.

It's a winnable trophy but we'd still need to beat one or both of Chelsea and Man City to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom