• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | October 28, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrcopp

Well, I sort of agree, but my point is that every pen nowadays, right or wrong, is a dive in that players could always stay on their feet if they wanted to.

‘Stay on their feet if they wanted to’ I agree shouldn’t be a pen.
But that is t a fair description of the Zaha incidnt

progman07

Established Member
22/24 points with 3 left backs out is a pretty great return. I'm sure most of us would have been happy with 20 beforehand. We've making fantastic progress but some mistakes will be made along the way. This is a good wake-up call before Liverpool. Have faith. Trust the process.
Absolutely, it was always in the air that we will lose points soon, but it does not mean the overall picture is negative, we have fought hard, tried to win the game and almost succeeded, it's just the lack of quality at the back, which will be solved in the next transfer windows. Otherwise there are still many improvements on the pitch.

We need to be more competitive against Pool than we have been in the last few first halves though, otherwise they will run us to the ground early in the match.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Özil wasn't doing anything to help us win the ball and keep it. I was ok with that sub but thought Mkhi would come on and play on the right, with Auba moving up front or Ramsey on to give us more presence in midfield.

Laca was really really bad today.

Bingo...should have kept Auba on with Laca or Iwobi off.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Absolutely, it was always in the air that we will lose points soon, but it does not mean the overall picture is negative, we have fought hard, tried to win the game and almost succeeded, it's just the lack of quality at the back, which will be solved in the next transfer windows. Otherwise there are still many improvements on the pitch.

We need to be more competitive against Pool than we have been in the last few first halves though, otherwise they will run us to the ground early in the match.
Well said. I was really impressed at how we actually took the lead. I was fully expecting us to concede the 2nd on the break before we equalised. You could see the fight in the players, scrapping for every ball, making cynical challenges, Lichtsteiner bullying Zaha. The effort being put in now compared to last season is night and day. Even if the control isn't quite there yet.

kopzilla

Always Negative
We could have easily lost the game had Palace scored in the 1st half...All this time we were sort of punching above our weight winning games inspite of not being very convincing. Not possible to win every game in the league especially when we are competing on 4 different competitions.

I think we did well to draw the game.

I think our strength lies in chance conversion....had we converted 1 of 2 chances in the 1st half... we would have won.

Emery should have kept Auba on...he is always a threat...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, he’s not even that good a dribbler. He’s a very powerful runner but technically he’s bang average.
His legs are all over the place when he’s dribbling but it works time and time and time again. It’s not pretty but he’s the very definition of a good dribbler. :lol:

HBL

Established Member
Hope we can get our strongest XI on the field next Saturday. Just not sure who I'd play out of Holding and Mustafi. Mustafi for all his faults has actually put in some decent performances in big games, whilst Holding usually gets terrorised by pace. Mustafi probably just edges it for me.

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Müstafi - Montreal
Torreira - Xhaka
Iwobi - Özil - Aubameyang
Lacazette​

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We tried to play tight in the 1st half which i can understand. Bit pi55ed off about the pens tbf. Anyway top 4 is the priority not the title, we need to remember that.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope we can get our strongest XI on the field next Saturday. Just not sure who I'd play out of Holding and Mustafi. Mustafi for all his faults has actually put in some decent performances in big games, whilst Holding usually gets terrorised by pace. Mustafi probably just edges it for me.

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Müstafi - Montreal
Torreira - Xhaka
Iwobi - Özil - Aubameyang
Lacazette​

Not a fan of this 4231 at all.

We've struggled performance wise in most of these games due to, in my opinion, trying to get away with 2 midfielders vs the opposition's the 3. We're reliant on the full backs advancing to make up for the deficit of passing options for the first recieving mids, but the issue with that is;

1) We're left exposed at turnovers, particularly if one of the 2 midfielders is as slow and immobile as Xhaka
2) Our CBs aren't good enough on the ball to circumvent the first press from the opposition (Man City use this system but have someone like Stones who has the passing ability of a midfielder.

Further more, Auba on the left is a horrific waste. He's the most in form striker in the league, and Lacazette's only really strong performance for 90 minutes was when he had a partner in a 442 to occupy the other defender.

If it's a big game I'm benching Özil and bringing him on when space opens up. Tight games don't suit him at all. Play Guendouzi as a 3rd mid and have Iwobi (left) and Mkhi (right) either side of Auba.

If you're playing a high pressing side like Liverpool who thrive on spaces behind advanced full backs, the midfield battle because almost a deciding factor.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It really was a dive. The angle I saw it from it looked a PK. Did they replay the decision a few times on TV?

Xhaka also looks to have got the ball.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

It really was a dive. The angle I saw it from it looked a PK. Did they replay the decision a few times on TV?

Xhaka also looks to have got the ball.

Looks a dive. I mean he lifted both of his legs about a foot and a half off the ground. Who the **** falls over like that :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Couldn’t watch the game, from what I hear we didn’t play at all well. Should be a good wake-up call. Clear dive, but you’re gonna get sh*t luck at some point. A point away from home isn’t bad at all and hopefully it will get our feet back on the ground, cos we still need to improve massively. It’s helpful to have your faults exposed from time to time.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can't really blame Zaha, we say Lacazette being clearly fouled a few games ago he stayed on his feet and got nothing. Wilf has been a target constantly and refs refuse to protect him, he knows he has to go out of his way to win frees and penalties. What he did today was really clever, wish our players could copy him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I thought Palace were magnificent today, btw. Played some great stuff. No chance in hell they'll be fighting relegation. Thought we were very poor. Very sloppy on the ball, very poor defensively. Will have to be much better to get a draw vs Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom