• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | October 28, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

Well, talking about our defence today is really not fair, considering 3 of them wont be playing next week, and none once Kos is back. If anything, 2-2 away to a decent side with our 3 and 4th choice CBs, our 2nd RB and our 4th (?) LB is not too bad.

CB
Mustafi (not good enough)
Sokratis (solid)
Koscielny (big injury, didn't play for a time and getting on age)
Holding (potential to be solid but nothing more)
Chambers (doesn't even play for Fulham)
Mavropanos (did he play at all this year?)

LB
Monreal (getting on age)
Kolasinac (bust, not good enough)
AMN (not a LB)
Xhaka (not a LB)

RB
Bellerin (solid, not WC)
Lichtsteiner (not good enough)
AMN (not a RB)
Jenkinson (still at the club :mad:)

So no, I don't get it warm seeing those names.

A couple of years ago, we did the same thing with the DM position. We said we had enough options but seeing Torreira play the position, now we understand what we were missing by not getting Kante ...

blaze_of_glory

We were never in the title race. Our recent form has been nice but when you look at the teams we've played it's been nothing game-changing. Would be amazed if we're within 10 points of City/Liverpool at the end of the season.

We're a couple of windows away from challenging for the league properly. Top CB and a Top LB being the first priorities.

Our recent run of form gives us a decent shot of top 4 though, just need one of Chelsea or Sp**s to struggle.
I think this is true. We are good but very unlikely to win at this point considering the other teams involved. However, our run has put us in the mix, and we are looking very good to push on and improve over the next couple of seasons.
Think we can really decide who does end up winning as well, fancy us to take points off the top three in some regard this year.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
After a run ends, it's not uncommon for people to look for excuses and questioning Emery's tactics. However, the only people to blame is Leno and Trilly.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure why people are expecting us to be in the title race this season. The whole club including the players and managers have repeatedly said how getting back into the CL is the biggest target. You cannot compete for the title against this City side with the defensive options we have. But our attack is good enough to get us Top 4.

There isn't going to be much separation between title race and top 4 this season, so it's kind of a moot point. I think the frustration came from the fact that against a side that haven't scored a goal all season at home, we gifted them goals they didn't have to work for.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Not when it comes to me he's not. And if he can't see what this match tells us about the Pool match, then he knows feckall about football.
Not really. We've had a good run and the odd slip up is going to happen. Palace away is always tricky and we fought our way through it despite playing **** and having people out of position. Eventually it'll come good for us and we're at home next week so we can definitely do them.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
There isn't going to be much separation between title race and top 4 this season, so it's kind of a moot point. I think the frustration came from the fact that against a side that haven't scored a goal all season at home, we gifted them goals they didn't have to work for.
I expect City to pull away from end of Jan-Feb onwards. Their squad depth will start to make a difference. But Liverpool, Chelsea, us and Sp**s will be scrapping for the rest of the spots in my opinion.

ptrcopp

It wasnt really a dive from Zaha. Of course he could have stayed on his feet but Xhaka gave the ref the opportunity and he took it. Clumsy from such an experienced player, he should know that theres no way the ref is gonna let that go. The whole "dive" discussion is kind of pointless because maybe 1 out a 100 times a player is clipped down. Most of the time its a small touch leading to the player falling. Of course hes gonna do down when he feels that tiny bit of contact.

It was a dive. H was already in the air when there was contact.
And you can still say Xhaka made a mistake. And, like Mustafi,others made a mistake too.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Forget about the Zaha dive/non-dive, why wasn't Ayew sent off? He was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow for the foul on Torreira and then he fecking dived!

Godwin1

Very well-known
I expect City to pull away from end of Jan-Feb onwards. Their squad depth will start to make a difference. But Liverpool, Chelsea, us and Sp**s will be scrapping for the rest of the spots in my opinion.
Liverpool are better than us I can't see it being close come the end of the season. Better squad and Klopp has them settled and playing the way he likes. Chelsea are also slightly better but there's a chance we could be fighting for 3rd. I have a feeling we'll be dropping off and fighting for 4th by the end of the season.

Giroud12

CB
Mustafi (not good enough)
Sokratis (solid)
Koscielny (big injury, didn't play for a time and getting on age)
Holding (potential to be solid but nothing more)
Chambers (doesn't even play for Fulham)
Mavropanos (did he play at all this year?)

LB
Monreal (getting on age)
Kolasinac (bust, not good enough)
AMN (not a LB)
Xhaka (not a LB)

RB
Bellerin (solid, not WC)
Lichtsteiner (not good enough)
AMN (not a RB)
Jenkinson (still at the club :mad:)

So no, I don't get it warm seeing those names.

A couple of years ago, we did the same thing with the DM position. We said we had enough options but seeing Torreira play the position, now we understand what we were missing by not getting Kante ...

Im not saying we have the Fab Four at the back - but Xhaka-Mustafi-Holding-Lichsteiner is something entirely different to Monreal-Kos-Sokratis-Bellerin.

Giroud12

It was a dive. H was already in the air when there was contact.
And you can still say Xhaka made a mistake. And, like Mustafi,others made a mistake too.

Well, I sort of agree, but my point is that every pen nowadays, right or wrong, is a dive in that players could always stay on their feet if they wanted to.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

“Yes, he’s injured,” said Unai Emery. “I hope it’s not a big injury, but he had muscular pains.

“I don’t know [whether he’s a doubt for the Liverpool game next Saturday].”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom