• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

TornadoTed

Established Member
The issue, and people will never admit to this, is that we want the Sane's and the Mane's of the world but we always want the "finished article" (which we don't have the means to buy).

We're never willing to take a punt on anyone who shows potential, usual because it isn't a "sexy" signing. Think of how many times have we have missed out on players that have turned out to be fantastic because we didn't think they were good enough for us? Or because we've haggled over a few million quid?

People were turning their noses up at Lacazette and Aubmeyang before we signed them.

You have hit the nail on the head, I think a lot of fans lust after the £60 + finished articles, we can afford to buy the odd one but can't fill our team with them.

Personally I find the experience of signing under the radar players and watching them grow and 'blow up' with us one of the most exciting things in football.

It used to happen often in the first half of Wenger's reign, it was amazing watching an unknown £150k player like Toure turn into an invincible or Henry a winger from Juventus reserves become one of the most feared strikers in the World. There are too many to list really, they were fantastic times.

I know it is much harder to find those under the radar gems these days but they are still out there. Liverpool have done brilliantly spotting the potential in the likes of Gomez, Robertson, and Mane adding them to the big money signings of VVD, Alison, Keita etc.

Reactions: Jae

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Given his contract situation, it should be cheap to buy him as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We all want good legit talents at the club, doesn’t matter if they come from Bournemouth or Barcelona.

The question is wether you think guys like Fraser and Suarez are the best this club can do, or good enough to make a big impact at what looks like being a Champions League club again.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t know why we’re making comparisons to Mane either, a 23 year old at Southampton who was scoring/assisting every 3 games and scaring the **** out of defences with his pace. Fraser hasn’t shown such levels.

We turned our noses up at Mane but why was that? Not because he wasn’t a good player but because we doubted whether we wanted to splash our whole transfer budget on him at the time.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This kid is quick, can cross and has a decent shot in him. The fact that he's small means he'll get quite a lot of fouls in his favor and he seems to be a hard worker without the diva antics.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I don’t know much about him but 11 assists for a club like Bournemouth is very good.

One year left means he won’t cost that much especially if he puts a bit of pressure on the club to sell him. He’s also a Brit and even if it doesn’t work out for him here we can easily flip him to West Ham or Everton.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wonder what Bournemouth would want?

Even with a year left doubt he will be cheap. They are paying 20m for the likes of Solanke.

If we end up with CL money & without the big Cech/ Ramsey / Jenkinson wages I would like to aim higher.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A wide player is a bonus signing: I do not expect us to sign one. Admittedly, there are other targets id prefer us to pursue than Fraser, but he could be a very smart signing. HIm.

What is scary however is that Bale could end up at United, Chelsea (dependent on the ban) or even worse Sp**s, whilst we add Fraser. Dub ally has been linked to Liverpool.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
A wide player is a bonus signing: I do not expect us to sign one. Admittedly, there are other targets id prefer us to pursue than Fraser, but he could be a very smart signing. HIm.

On the contrary I think it's is imperative, I actually think we need two, we don't have one natural wide player.
Yesterday we started with two playmakers on the wing and a hold up striker who doesn't run in behind, throw in two defensive minded midfielders and five defenders we were never going to create much.

Look at the two stand out teams in the country, Sane Aguero Sterling ,
Mane Firmino Salah.
Pace, movement, tons of it, we have barely any, Aubameyang on one of his good days, arguably Ramsey and that's about it.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
As long as we sign a CB-worldie or worldie-to-be and a real proper LB i'll be pleased with whoever we sign for the wings.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Point probably being the club shouldn't be limited with such a budget when a major overhaul is due at this stage
If we got alot of money from sales then yes we need to target better players but I don't know why the rejection of player like fraser he having better season than most wingers of top 6 clubs

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom