• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Really hope not. He is total garbage and shouldn't even be at the club. You can't risk going into the season with just Leno and this clown.
I think the whole argument started with this post of yours. How are you calling him garbage? His performance at Reading has been praised by all their fans. There were so many fans begging him to stay back. He was Man-of-match in a couple of matches too. From some of the highlights, it looks like he made some brilliant saves. What makes you say that he is garbage?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
No thanks. Agent Cech against his confirmed imminent-future employer?
Yeah. Even without these news, I would have chosen Leno ahead purely because of Cech's weakness in penalties.
If his discussions about his future role is true, it is a hundred percent NO. That is totally unprofessional off-field behaviour. I am already getting memories of Ox's game against Liverpool. What we do now, sends a message on how seriously we take the club to all the players out there. Given that we are already having a name as retirement club/Vacation spot, this is the time to show that such kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think the whole argument started with this post of yours. How are you calling him garbage? His performance at Reading has been praised by all their fans. There were so many fans begging him to stay back. He was Man-of-match in a couple of matches too. From some of the highlights, it looks like he made some brilliant saves. What makes you say that he is garbage?
Well, that was in the championship. Even if he is not totally garbage trusting him as no.2 would be risky.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Dude got away with ****ing murder while keeping his reputation intact, he was every bit as bad as Mustafi last season. Now he'll be able to go off into the sunset no matter what happens in the final, if we win it'll be a perfect end to his career for him and if we lose he'll just go celebrate with his real club and employers.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I like the comments, honest reflection about what culture has been going on for way too long during the Wenger years, and the uphill battle Emery faces to change it. Fair play, Petr.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I like the comments, honest reflection about what culture has been going on for way too long during the Wenger years, and the uphill battle Emery faces to change it. Fair play, Petr.
This may be true for the last five years or so of Wenger's reign but David Bentley was interviewed a couple of days ago and talked about fights on the training pitch. We lost a lot after 2012 no doubt. Regretting signing Cech at all.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
This may be true for the last five years or so of Wenger's reign but David Bentley was interviewed a couple of days ago and talked about fights on the training pitch. We lost a lot after 2012 no doubt. Regretting signing Cech at all.

we should have hung on to our two Polish goalies - both have proved since leaving us that we undervalued them

Hexagon9

I think his comments are fairly complimentary towards us in general. As for the negative bits, they aren’t things that haven’t been said by many people before.

I'd prefer Leno to play though. He’s simply better.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
we should have hung on to our two Polish goalies - both have proved since leaving us that we undervalued them
I get where you're coming from but those ships had sailed too. When your own fans call you Flappyhandski and you play more like a fan than a pro, it's probably best to move on. Strangely, I think Wenger rated both as good but for Fabianski it was too many high profile errors and with Woj, it was the smoking,his father and personality :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Odd thing to say and like most people have said, since Emery came in it seems he has tried to change that culture and mindset. Or maybe the pressure to perform is unbelievably high at Chelsea. So it's all relative. After all a manager can win a double but as soon as he loses a couple of games he is out of the door. That pressure inevitably transmits to the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom