• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Why would Edu even be needed to make a signing? Huss Fahmy and Sanllehi would be the ones in negotiation.

Edu wouldn't be involved in actually signing players at all. Once he's around, he'll oversee the scouting department and be part of the team (along with the coach and the head of recruitment) who identifies targets, but it is Sanllehi and Fahmy's jobs to get the deals over the line. Apparently Edu has been keeping in contact with them. They already largely have targets identified. So whether or not he's around the Emirates just yet is probably largely inconsequential for the time being.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yep. They also said some bullsh*t like "when Arsenal knocks, it's a different knock to other clubs".
In a way it sums up how unambitious the club really is. Looking down rather than up.

They’re obviously not comparing us to big teams there because it’s blatantly obvious that we don’t have a larger pull than them.
They’re in fact comparing us to clubs like Everton, West Ham etc who basically have the same budget as us but we are bigger than.

The PR the club uses time and time again is used to mislead a majority of the fanbase, it’s just a disgrace. Large sections of that interview was scripted you could tell by the body language and the excessive talking Vinai in particular was doing. Kroenke really is a greedy capitalist pig.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Saying that though they may still do an okay job at the club, its just that they’re puppets for Kroenke in what they say or do.

They have to do the best they can with the very limited backing

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Saying that though they may still do an okay job at the club, its just that they’re puppets for Kroenke in what they say or do.

If you look too closely at everything it's easy to think things could get better and it'll be ok. Then you stand back a bit and look at the bigger picture: the club is in obvious decline and there's nothing on the horizon that looks like reversing that decline. Nothing suggests it's going to get better.

But you can't live like that. So you go back to looking at all the small things, cos at least you can feel a bit better that way: contemplating the merits of Yannick Carrasco or Dennis Praet is much easier than contemplating the fact that none of these players are gonna take us back to where we want to be.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If you look too closely at everything it's easy to think things could get better and it'll be ok. Then you stand back a bit and look at the bigger picture: the club is in obvious decline and there's nothing on the horizon that looks like reversing that decline. Nothing suggests it's going to get better.

But you can't live like that. So you go back to looking at all the small things, cos at least you can feel a bit better that way: contemplating the merits of Yannick Carrasco or Dennis Praet is much easier than contemplating the fact that none of these players are gonna take us back to where we want to be.
But at the same time there are reasons why we have become extra **** recently. Asset management has been poor. Ramsey, Alexis, Özil alone would have fetched £150m++ if they had money on their contract. We have let the game go by us to an extent as a club. If we can run ourselves better we can at least not be a joke of a club long term.

I understand there’s always new excuses and in reality our owner doesn’t have the ambition. But the silver lining is Sp**s for example don’t invest money and look at them now. We are a bigger club and we can achieve that in the medium term. Gazidis really ****ed with our club the guy let literally every top player we had run down his contract, you can’t keep losing your top players for free. So even though I have 0 hope of being a top level side again, we can at least be respectable if managed well, if we wanna go up a level from that Kroenke needs to **** off

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

A puppet for Kroenke would imply that Kroenke is actually involved directly in running the club and pulling the strings on these guys. I really don't think that's the case. He owns the club, but that's about it. He has no day to day involvement. The only time he's involved is when they hire the people at the very top of the totem pole (Sanllehi, Emery, etc.). You can argue whether or not he has hired the right people, but he's the farthest thing from an interfering owner. Once he's hired somebody, he lets them do their jobs -- for better or worse.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A puppet for Kroenke would imply that Kroenke is actually involved directly in running the club and pulling the strings on these guys. I really don't think that's the case. He owns the club, but that's about it. He has no day to day involvement. The only time he's involved is when they hire the people at the very top of the totem pole (Sanllehi, Emery, etc.). You can argue whether or not he has hired the right people, but he's the farthest thing from an interfering owner. Once he's hired somebody, he lets them do their jobs -- for better or worse.
Ok so then I used the wrong word, but Arsenal have been using propaganda to mislead its fans for years now. That comes about because of the situation the owner pressures them into.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ok so then I used the wrong word, but Arsenal have been using propaganda to mislead its fans for years now. That comes about because of the situation the owner pressures them into.

Arguably. But this will be the first summer window with the new executive team in charge. Let's see how they do before crucifying them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arguably. But this will be the first summer window with the new executive team in charge. Let's see how they do before crucifying them.
I’m not crucifying them, the way in which they behave is only a product of the environment they are in. I’m crucifying Kroenke.

I mentioned above that within this realm of bullshit, Sanllehi and Vinai could still do a good job with the resources they have.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I’m not crucifying them, the way in which they behave is only a product of the environment they are in. I’m crucifying Kroenke.

I mentioned above that within this realm of bullshit, Sanllehi and Vinai could still do a good job with the resources they have.

Let's hope so.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If he plays to his ability, we'll have a good player on our hands. Hope Emery can get that out of him.

Missed having a fellow Belgian in our squad too.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Someone tell me under financial fair play how can Everton, Wolves and Watford have more to spend than us.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Someone tell me under financial fair play how can Everton, Wolves and Watford have more to spend than us.
I don’t know the details of it all but the Premier League TV rights payments are extremely even compared to other leagues. Money is being spread out more.

As there is so much money in TV rights nowadays, it’s basically the main area of income and accounts for a high % of team’s budgets, so they’ve defo caught up.

Everton seem like they spend a lot probably because they have a willing owner, while the Arsenal and Sp**s owners invest 0. That’s my guess at least

Edit: The wage bill further worsens the situation, like Sanchez11 said

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom