• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,539
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Arnautovic is a decent lad but he's a typical player that excelles at a midlevel club where there's far less pressure. Don't forget he was once dubbed as a next big thing but flopped massively at Inter, went to Werder (top 3 club in Germany at the time) flopped there as well and had to go to ****ing Stoke to revive his career.

But he did revive it, that's something. You could be right though in that he thrives in the less pressure atmosphere of midtable clubs but would bottle it at a bigger club.

Toby

Arnautovic down to earth? :lol:

He is. You don't speak German so you can't watch interviews or that DAZN special with him, but he's down to earth. Don't mistake upbringing, a certain kind of humour etc for being up in the clouds.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
But he did revive it, that's something. You could be right though in that he thrives in the less pressure atmosphere of midtable clubs but would bottle it at a bigger club.

Shame he wasn't developed as a striker from the get go, he reminds me of Ibra when he plays there. He really wasn't all that as a winger.

Toby

Shame he wasn't developed as a striker from the get go, he reminds me of Ibra when he plays there. He really wasn't all that as a winger.

Agree. They reverted to playing him centrally far too late. On the other hand he did have his antics which he only managed to let go at Stoke when he was furthest down, but then again this speaks to his character to turn it around.

Might note though that his antics have always been a bit overplayed by the media. Of course he's got that strain, on the pitch, too, but it's not like he was a massive troublemaker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool are demanding 25m pounds to sell Lovren :lol: the guy is more poverty than Mustafi but watch them sell him for that price and meanwhile us we'll get lucky if we get 15M for Mustafi.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Liverpool are demanding 25m pounds to sell Lovren :lol: the guy is more poverty than Mustafi but watch them sell him for that price and meanwhile us we'll get lucky if we get 15M for Mustafi.

I actually think Lovren gets way too much stick. Good defender, way better than Mustafi. Bit of a daft **** off the pitch tho

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Agree. They reverted to playing him centrally far too late. On the other hand he did have his antics which he only managed to let go at Stoke when he was furthest down, but then again this speaks to his character to turn it around.

Might note though that his antics have always been a bit overplayed by the media. Of course he's got that strain, on the pitch, too, but it's not like he was a massive troublemaker.
He was a striker to begin with just not a very good one. That's why they moved him to the wings or behind the striker where he began to have an impact. He recently got played centrally and done reasonably well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Wilshere still pisses all over anything we have at CM.

Eh, he was honestly not very good for us last season. I'd certainly take Torreira over him, but that's probably the only one for me. People are sleeping on Diop though. Good enough to compete with Sokratis I'd say, and he's very young.

It's hardly surprising that the gap in quality is getting smaller and smaller when you've been spending like a mid-table team for the last few years. There used to be ZERO overlap between the players you were looking at and the players we could potentially sign, but now I find we often bring in players who'd be upgrades for you as well. Weird times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom