• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Van Dijk was still there until he was 24.
Yep, and he joined Southampton for 12m.

I am not saying that there aren't good players in the SPL, my point is you don't pay 25m for a FB from there unless he makes 10+ assists a season.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Young English prospect and would cost a fortune which we dont have.

I also wouldn't want him at left back. Would be worse defensively than Kolasinac.

Worse defensively how exactly? He can actually tackle rather than just haul people to the ground or just run into them from behind and holding his hands up. He is actually agile, so can turn. Defensively he is fine, positionally is where he is weak, but that is something a full back can develop when they are young. People seem to forget how raw Bellerin was when he first came into the team. He heavily relied on his pace to get him out of trouble. Nowadays people debate whether he has slowed down, because you don't actually see him needing to bust a gut to get back in to position. The reason is he has matured and gained experience.

Sessegnon has everything needed to be as good as Alaba. Physically robust and fast, yet still developing, has the skill to beat a man and find a pass into the box. What more do we need? We keep turning up our noses to players who can actually give us more than what we currently have.

I keep saying we need to change our profile of player. Not about their name, or what they have achieved. They need to have the raw physical attributes so that teams cannot simply just run through us because we have Xhaka, who can't turn, run or tackle, Torreira, who is too weak and slow to recover in big spaces, Kolasinac, who literally cannot defend and has zero agility, Miki, who is weak, Özil, who doesn't bother, Mustafi, who can't win his duels, Koscielny, who is falling apart.

We need, strong, fast, agile, two way players who can defend and attack. That will at the very least make us competitive.

Saliba is young- but he is the right profile.
Nkunku - No longer linked, but the right profile.
Martinelli - Fast, strong, tall, the right profile.
Tierney - Energetic, strong, direct, the right profile.
Sessegnon - Fast, strong, direct, the right profile.

Anderson - Tall, slow, lacks agility - too much of what we already have.
Praet - Average physically, doesn't really progress the ball, we already have this.

We really need to get our targets right as if we add more slow players who lack dynamism to what we already have. We may aswell cement our place outside the top four for the next 4 years.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Worse defensively how exactly? He can actually tackle rather than just haul people to the ground or just run into them from behind and holding his hands up. He is actually agile, so can turn. Defensively he is fine, positionally is where he is weak, but that is something a full back can develop when they are young. People seem to forget how raw Bellerin was when he first came into the team. He heavily relied on his pace to get him out of trouble. Nowadays people debate whether he has slowed down, because you don't actually see him needing to bust a gut to get back in to position. The reason is he has matured and gained experience.

Sessegnon has everything needed to be as good as Alaba. Physically robust and fast, yet still developing, has the skill to beat a man and find a pass into the box. What more do we need? We keep turning up our noses to players who can actually give us more than what we currently have.

I keep saying we need to change our profile of player. Not about their name, or what they have achieved. They need to have the raw physical attributes so that teams cannot simply just run through us because we have Xhaka, who can't turn, run or tackle, Torreira, who is too weak and slow to recover in big spaces, Kolasinac, who literally cannot defend and has zero agility, Miki, who is weak, Özil, who doesn't bother, Mustafi, who can't win his duels, Koscielny, who is falling apart.

We need, strong, fast, agile, two way players who can defend and attack. That will at the very least make us competitive.

Saliba is young- but he is the right profile.
Nkunku - No longer linked, but the right profile.
Martinelli - Fast, strong, tall, the right profile.
Tierney - Energetic, strong, direct, the right profile.
Sessegnon - Fast, strong, direct, the right profile.

Anderson - Tall, slow, lacks agility - too much of what we already have.
Praet - Average physically, doesn't really progress the ball, we already have this.

We really need to get our targets right as if we add more slow players who lack dynamism to what we already have. We may aswell cement our place outside the top four for the next 4 years.

I totally agree, I would love to see exactly the same profile of player. I want a strong mentality too, we have had far too many weak minded players over the last decade.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I totally agree, I would love to see exactly the same profile of player. I want a strong mentality too, we have had far too many weak minded players over the last decade.

Strong mentality is also key. Good point. Have a look at Moussa Dembele in the Under 21 game last night. He is touted at around 40-50 million Euros as a centre forward. Missed his first penalty and then didn't take the second one even though he was on the pitch. That isn't a strong mentality. That is something we need to avoid. Its hard to gauge, but that is why you scout players. You watch them and see how they respond to adversity.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Strong mentality is also key. Good point. Have a look at Moussa Dembele in the Under 21 game last night. He is touted at around 40-50 million Euros as a centre forward. Missed his first penalty and then didn't take the second one even though he was on the pitch. That isn't a strong mentality. That is something we need to avoid. Its hard to gauge, but that is why you scout players. You watch them and see how they respond to adversity.
I think the penalty was taken off Dembele as opposed to him not hitting it. Not sure what went wrong for him as mentally he is very strong and always steps up in big moments. Be it against Rangers, in the CL, or now in France where he has banged in goals in derbies and against PSG. The laat time i saw him like that was when he missed a penalty against Barcelona. Literally the start of his Celtic career. He was very green and he looked green last night until he got more involved with some fantastic link up play.

As for Tierney, we cant afford him. If we cant afford half the players we are linked too atm then Tierney is out of our reach. Celtic have no need to sell, are about to start the CL qualifiers and have other players like Ntcham who are likely to leave over the summer. He has a long term contract and itll take a massive offer to get him which we dont seem capable of making. If we could he will be worth it. Top player.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Yep, and he joined Southampton for 12m.

I am not saying that there aren't good players in the SPL, my point is you don't pay 25m for a FB from there unless he makes 10+ assists a season.
And moved for 75m not long after that. Dembele moved for 20m. Celtic are only accepting top dollar for their players as when their big players move on they all move on again to bigger things. Celtic arent losing out anymore.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the penalty was taken off Dembele as opposed to him not hitting it. Not sure what went wrong for him as mentally he is very strong and always steps up in big moments. Be it against Rangers, in the CL, or now in France where he has banged in goals in derbies and against PSG. The laat time i saw him like that was when he missed a penalty against Barcelona. Literally the start of his Celtic career. He was very green and he looked green last night until he got more involved with some fantastic link up play.

As for Tierney, we cant afford him. If we cant afford half the players we are linked too atm then Tierney is out of our reach. Celtic have no need to sell, are about to start the CL qualifiers and have other players like Ntcham who are likely to leave over the summer. He has a long term contract and itll take a massive offer to get him which we dont seem capable of making. If we could he will be worth it. Top player.

That's the point. He should have demanded it and atoned for the earlier miss. Agree with Tierney. We won't get him.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
And moved for 75m not long after that. Dembele moved for 20m. Celtic are only accepting top dollar for their players as when their big players move on they all move on again to bigger things. Celtic arent losing out anymore.
12m for van Djik and 20m for Dembele aren't top dollar though, those are reasonable prices for players from SPL.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

12m for van Djik and 20m for Dembele aren't top dollar though, those are reasonable prices for players from SPL.
It is for Scotland. And if youve noticed the price is only going up. Van Dijk and Dembele are two players who came to Celtic with the idea of moving on. Tierney is an academy product, loves Celtic, no need to move and on a long term contract. He will cost more. And Dembele would have cost more if he went to England because English clubs over pay for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom