• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Strong mentality is also key. Good point. Have a look at Moussa Dembele in the Under 21 game last night. He is touted at around 40-50 million Euros as a centre forward. Missed his first penalty and then didn't take the second one even though he was on the pitch. That isn't a strong mentality. That is something we need to avoid. Its hard to gauge, but that is why you scout players. You watch them and see how they respond to adversity.

That is one thing that really intreaged me about Sven. Apparently he often used to follow young players for several years, really get to know them, their temprement and mentality. According to things I've read Chelsea put a huge importance on mentality and physique as well as ability. I really hope we start doing this moving forward.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I laughed at @bingobob when he said we should sign Van Dijk when he still at Celtic. Also wrote off Wanyama as well when we were linked with him before Southampton got him.

Dembele has been good for Lyon, if he reckons Tierney is as good as the hype I’m all in.

Same, go back through my post history and Van Dijk and Wanyama are two of the biggest L’s I’ve ever taken in judging players.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Same, go back through my post history and Van Dijk and Wanyama are two of the biggest L’s I’ve ever taken in judging players.
Whilst we’re there we need to pick up Dembele as well, that kid is gonna be Sancho levels. They took Okoflex from us so it’s only fair we return the favour. :drool:

Aevi

Hale End FC
I laughed at @bingobob when he said we should sign Van Dijk when he was still at Celtic. Also wrote off Wanyama as well when we were linked with him before Southampton got him.

Dembele has been good for Lyon, if he reckons Tierney is as good as the hype I’m all in.
Wanyama isn't all that, wouldn't say it was wrong not to want him. He hasn't been fortunate with injuries at Tottenham, but regardless, he's generally been poor for them and their fans would be happy to see the back of him. He doesn't have the technical ability for the top level.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yep, and he joined Southampton for 12m.

I am not saying that there aren't good players in the SPL, my point is you don't pay 25m for a FB from there unless he makes 10+ assists a season.

It's funny, when Arsenal was first linked to Tierney just after the season he would supposedly cost £15 million. A few days ago, the Scotsman and others quoted £20 million. Now you're saying £25 million. Arsenal had better hurry or he's going to cost as much as Van Dijk cost Liverpool before the summer is over.

But no matter what he costs, if Arsenal believes he would be worth it then they should buy him. Yes, Southampton bought Van Dijk for £13 million (he would probably have cost them £20 million in today's market after four years of spiraling transfer fees). But they sold him for £75 million 2 1/2 years later. Not a bad investment. Tierney's value could skyrocket as well and make him look like a bargain no matter the price.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It's funny, when Arsenal was first linked to Tierney just after the season he would supposedly cost £15 million. A few days ago, the Scotsman and others quoted £20 million. Now you're saying £25 million. Arsenal had better hurry or he's going to cost as much as Van Dijk cost Liverpool before the summer is over.
Take a break, nobody in his right mind is gonna spend 70m on Tierney until he moves to a Top 5 league.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Wanyama isn't all that, wouldn't say it was wrong not to want him. He hasn't been fortunate with injuries at Tottenham, but regardless, he's generally been poor for them and their fans would be happy to see the back of him. He doesn't have the technical ability for the top level.
Thats not true. Injuries have ruined the man unfortunately. Any Sp**s fan with a long memory can remember how good he was at Sp**s in his first season there. I have a good mate who always says how much Sp**s needed him back and on that form. 2 years worth of knee injuries however for a player like Wanyama takes a lot to get over.

https://investobet.com/blog/victor-wanyama-tottenham-s-player-of-the-year

Aevi

Hale End FC
Thats not true. Injuries have ruined the man unfortunately. Any Sp**s fan with a long memory can remember how good he was at Sp**s in his first season there. I have a good mate who always says how much Sp**s needed him back and on that form. 2 years worth of knee injuries however for a player like Wanyama takes a lot to get over.

https://investobet.com/blog/victor-wanyama-tottenham-s-player-of-the-year
He's just not been up to scratch when he's played in the past two seasons though. That's what I've seen and heard from Sp**s fans. You can say he's unlucky and that's fair, but the bottom line is he has shortcomings and needs replacing.

I think his success to begin with comes from Sp**s' system. Dier and Sissoko play lots of minutes for them as well and they aren't really technically gifted either (even though Sissoko has his moments, granted). I don't think he's starter material for a top team though. He can do a job but you need more on the ball ability than he can provide. He's more of a get-stuck-in, make-your-presence-felt sort of player, good for lower-table teams.

ClubLevel

To be fair though Wanayama only cost Sp**s £11m which was a steal at the time and was/is a decent squad player. They would probably easily sell him for a profit now as well.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's just not been up to scratch when he's played in the past two seasons though. That's what I've seen and heard from Sp**s fans. You can say he's unlucky and that's fair, but the bottom line is he has shortcomings and needs replacing.

I think his success to begin with comes from Sp**s' system. Dier and Sissoko play lots of minutes for them as well and they aren't really technically gifted either (even though Sissoko has his moments, granted). I don't think he's starter material for a top team though. He can do a job but you need more on the ball ability than he can provide. He's more of a get-stuck-in, make-your-presence-felt sort of player, good for lower-table teams.
Thats just not true and has never been true. It is however a lazy stereotype.

I agree last two years he hasnt been good enough. But he has missed over a season of games. So understandable if Sp**s move him on.

I wouldnt want us to retain players with persistent injury problems when they could be moved on i.e Wilshere, Ox, Walcott.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Dunno man, Robbo was one of the most talented left backs I’d seen come out of the UK even when he was at Hull.

Like I said I will be in the minority.

Robertson has probably had more exposure though. He moved earlier in his career and has played against better opposition. Tierney, although he plays for a massive club, plays in a tinpot league against farmers. He also doesn't really get to shine for the national team as Roberston is our captain and Tierney gets played out of position. ****ing typical that the only 2 decent players we have and they both play the same position.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Thats just not true and has never been true. It is however a lazy stereotype.

I agree last two years he hasnt been good enough. But he has missed over a season of games. So understandable if Sp**s move him on.
I knew the lazy stereotype accusation would be pulled out, but it's true. It's not just me saying he's not good enough, it's the Sp**s fans. I've seen many comments complaining about how he's struggled to control the ball.

For all the sh*t people have given Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey etc. about not being able to do this or that, they're still better than Wanyama. We just see the bad of our players more and just thwhile seeing and hearing about the highlights of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom