• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
According to Emery's update in the press conference, Lacazette still will be out for weeks. Looks like we should expect to see his comeback not earlier than the end of October.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Abraham is a big donkey, much easier to create chances for. Laca is a slow and weak midget, goes straight into the pocket of any kind of defender. So so easy to defend against.

But it's not just being a big lump, he can create for himself too. Laca could never:

https://streamja.com/E40j

Scored a header as well in this match. Again, not a goal Laca could score in an away match.
It's funny cos you start the post calling Tammy a big donkey but you go on to describe why he's a top prospect.:lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lacazette isn't an elite striker but I like him and there arent many Arsenal players I like

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
'Abraham is a better striker than Laca.' That's some top level trolling, I'll give you that

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

13 goals in 4 games without him. Not necessarily saying he hinders us, however think we're far better when our CF has some movement about them. Makes us a bit more fluid.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
My opinion of Lacazette is that he is a good player. He isn't elite yet as he still has some shortcomings. What has been promising imo is that he has improved every season he has been here. 1st season he struggled with the pace and physicality of the league. By the end of that season he had adapted remarkably well to that. 2nd season he seemed to have sorted out the time he needed to get shots off and his all round game improved by leaps and bounds. 1st season he was average to good, 2nd season good to great. If he improves at the same rate, this season is perhaps where he puts it all together and produces performances that atleast get close to the elite. From the little we saw of him it looked very promising. He was on fire before he got injured.

I get the people who want to sell him and use the money to buy world class LW or the people who aren't that keen on him because he pushes Auba wide. I don't agree with them but they certainly can make a sound case for that viewpoint.

What is hard to make a case for is that Laca is rubbish or even average. Haven't heard one coherent argument put forward to explain how he is that bad nor seen any evidence presented to support that opinion.

Maybe that is the reason we continuously get the "he only scored 4 away goals last season" comments popping up quite regularly in here. A cheap put down, which at first glance seems to be a pathetic stat. How can a supposed good forward, playing for a top 6 side only score 4 away goals all season?

First of all from the 19 away games, Laca started only 12 of them. 4 goals in 12 starts, a rate of 1 goal in every 3 matches. Suddenly that looks a lot less pathetic.

Below are last season's away goals by a few selected forwards, their total goals in brackets.

Mane 4 (22)
Son 4 (12)
Firmino 5 (12)
Hazard 5 (16)
Sterling 5 (17)
Aguero 6 (21)

These stats are quite surprising to me. These players are some of the best in the league, yet they have similar number of away goals as Laca. In fact Laca actually does better as he has played less minutes than all those players except Son. You could make a case that actually as their away goals are far smaller share of their total goals, they have far bigger issues performing away from home than Laca. Does this mean these players are useless away from home too? Or maybe it is just generally more difficult to score away from home. Also does this mean Abraham with his 5 away goals in 2 games is so much better than all these players? I don't think he is and no one in their right mind would claim that. Yet it will be used to bash Laca with it.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
My opinion of Lacazette is that he is a good player. He isn't elite yet as he still has some shortcomings. What has been promising imo is that he has improved every season he has been here. 1st season he struggled with the pace and physicality of the league. By the end of that season he had adapted remarkably well to that. 2nd season he seemed to have sorted out the time he needed to get shots off and his all round game improved by leaps and bounds. 1st season he was average to good, 2nd season good to great. If he improves at the same rate, this season is perhaps where he puts it all together and produces performances that atleast get close to the elite. From the little we saw of him it looked very promising. He was on fire before he got injured.

I get the people who want to sell him and use the money to buy world class LW or the people who aren't that keen on him because he pushes Auba wide. I don't agree with them but they certainly can make a sound case for that viewpoint.

What is hard to make a case for is that Laca is rubbish or even average. Haven't heard one coherent argument put forward to explain how he is that bad nor seen any evidence presented to support that opinion.

Maybe that is the reason we continuously get the "he only scored 4 away goals last season" comments popping up quite regularly in here. A cheap put down, which at first glance seems to be a pathetic stat. How can a supposed good forward, playing for a top 6 side only score 4 away goals all season?

First of all from the 19 away games, Laca started only 12 of them. 4 goals in 12 starts, a rate of 1 goal in every 3 matches. Suddenly that looks a lot less pathetic.

Below are last season's away goals by a few selected forwards, their total goals in brackets.

Mane 4 (22)
Son 4 (12)
Firmino 5 (12)
Hazard 5 (16)
Sterling 5 (17)
Aguero 6 (21)

These stats are quite surprising to me. These players are some of the best in the league, yet they have similar number of away goals as Laca. In fact Laca actually does better as he has played less minutes than all those players except Son. You could make a case that actually as their away goals are far smaller share of their total goals, they have far bigger issues performing away from home than Laca. Does this mean these players are useless away from home too? Or maybe it is just generally more difficult to score away from home. Also does this mean Abraham with his 5 away goals in 2 games is so much better than all these players? I don't think he is and no one in their right mind would claim that. Yet it will be used to bash Laca with it.

Great post!! As per usual it will be ignored by the agenda driven muppets.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Mane 4 (22)
Son 4 (12)
Firmino 5 (12)
Hazard 5 (16)
Sterling 5 (17)
Aguero 6 (21)

giphy.gif

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Mane 4 (22)
Son 4 (12)
Firmino 5 (12)
Hazard 5 (16)
Sterling 5 (17)
Aguero 6 (21)

These stats are wrong. Pretty sure you dont play 21 away games in the league :lol:. And did you check if all these are starts? the stats are obviously wrong or missrepresented. Your post is kind of mute.

EDIT::
Manually checked Agueros stats last season 9 goals in 17 from aguero in the league and some of those where subbed on and more often than not being subbed off around 70 min . 3 in 5 away games in CL. Not sure where your stats are from. But def wrong. Mine are from: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sergio-aguero/leistungsdaten/spieler/26399/plus/1?saison=2018

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

These stats are wrong. Pretty sure you dont play 21 away games in the league :lol:. And did you check if all these are starts? the stats are obviously wrong or missrepresented. Your post is kind of mute.

EDIT::
Manually checked Agueros stats last season 9 goals in 17 from aguero in the league and some of those where subbed on and more often than not being subbed off around 70 min . 3 in 5 away games in CL. Not sure where your stats are from. But def wrong. Mine are from: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sergio-aguero/leistungsdaten/spieler/26399/plus/1?saison=2018

Good find.

The point still is that Lacazette had a point per 119 minutes in EPL last season. Away from home he had point per 139 minutes.

Those numbers are totally understandable especially considering how our team played away from home. Any player is not expected to do similar numbers away from home, that is not logical.

Saying he is bad away from home seems mostly agenda driven stuff with no basis in reality.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
These stats are wrong. Pretty sure you dont play 21 away games in the league :lol:. And Sincedid you check if all these are starts? the stats are obviously wrong or missrepresented. Your post is kind of mute.

Manually checked Agueros stats last season 9 / 17 from aguero in the league. Thats him being subbed off at 70 min on average. Not sure where your stats are from. But def wrong. Mine are from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sergio-aguero/leistungsdaten/spieler/26399/plus/1?saison=2018

Where did I say you play 21 away games?

Aguero scored a goal against Cardiff, Southampton, Newcastle, Fulham, Burnley and Brighton away. Who else did he score against?

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Mane 4 (22)
Son 4 (12)
Firmino 5 (12)
Hazard 5 (16)
Sterling 5 (17)
Aguero 6 (21)

Brilliant post.
There could be multiple reasons for a striker's performance to go down in away matches. In Laca's case, our midfield normally struggles in away matches and he ends up tracking back lot more often in away matches compared to home matches and hence he is not usually at the end of chances in those matches. Again, that is just a hunch from what I see in matches. It would be nice to see his heatmap in away and home matches.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Good find.

The point still is that Lacazette had a point per 119 minutes in EPL last season. Away from home he had point per 139 minutes.

Those numbers are totally understandable especially considering how our team played away from home. Any player is not expected to do similar numbers away from home, that is not logical.

Saying he is bad away from home seems mostly agenda driven stuff with no basis in reality.

I can only see that Aguero scored 6 away goals in the league last season. Did you see where else he scored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom