• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah Arteta will have no use for our too scorer and the only guy in our team that can bag goals. Don’t see how we could fit him in.

I'll hazard a guess the convo with Auba will go like this . Youré the best striker in the team I can make you the best striker in the league , You be the focal point of this team and I'll set the midfield up to get the ball to you as often as possible .

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
El Matador coached by Don Diego?

Hook it straight into my veins ffs. Cavani shirt order pending as we speak.
7966896-6540759-image-a-61_1546209622845.jpg

Make

Player:Ødegaard
The captains curse strikes again.
Similar situation as of RVP. Auba is a top goalscore and he would like to try in Spain, Auba always said that he would like to play in Real Madrid some day and I think that it's his moment.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I honestly think his pace is way overrated. I regularly see him getting beaten by players that are not renowned for their speed.

It is nowadays, for sure, but he was a roadrunner back in the day. He's undergoing an Henry-like transformation now where he's learned to position himself not to rely on his pace as much as it fades.

He's still fairly quick but certainly not at the Walcott/Mbappe level like he was a few years back. Either way, still an elite striker.

roz

Fake News Merchant
It is nowadays, for sure, but he was a roadrunner back in the day. He's undergoing an Henry-like transformation now where he's learned to position himself not to rely on his pace as much as it fades.

He's still fairly quick but certainly not at the Walcott/Mbappe level like he was a few years back. Either way, still an elite striker.
It never ends.
Undergoing an Henry transformation? Speechless

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It never ends.

Think they meant when he went to Barca, as he had definitely lost a significant amount of pace then, lost it in his last season at Arsenal kind of too.

Titi was still levels ahead of Auba with the ball, so that helped :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It never ends.

I think many people are missing the point of what we are referring to when saying Auba isn't THAT good and replaceable.

He does have a decent output, this cannot be discounted whatsoever, but you can have worldclass output and still make your team play worse as a whole as they would do with a more rounded player.

You could add RVP or Henry to that side and have the attack completely rejuvenated immediately as they are worldclass in each and every aspect. They drive games, they don't just score goals.

Obviously, you don't just get RVP or Henry, but even a very good striker that is much more rounded in his overall abilities could have your team go up by 1 or 2 levels which ultimately leave you better off than with someone like Auba.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think many people are missing the point of what we are referring to when saying Auba isn't THAT good and replaceable.

He does have a decent output, this cannot be discounted whatsoever, but you can have worldclass output and still make your team play worse as a whole as they would do with a more rounded player.

You could add RVP or Henry to that side and have the attack completely rejuvenated immediately as they are worldclass in each and every aspect. They drive games, they don't just score goals.

Obviously, you don't just get RVP or Henry, but even a very good striker that is much more rounded in his overall abilities could have your team go up by 1 or 2 levels which ultimately leave you better off than with someone like Auba.

A motivated Adebayor would be perfect, great all round game...

With Giroud it was everything into feet and nothing behind, Auba is everything in behind and nothing to feet...from one extreme to another with this club :lol:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

I think People underestimate how Good auba is at scoring.
He has better goal to games ratio than Henry in His prime.

Obviously not a better player.

But having a scoring 1:1 ish ratio is not something players really DO. When the team gets going this guy scores Every game. However. He probably cant Carry the game when others fail to.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

His inability to hold the ball up in an way shape or form hurts us/the defense for sure. Keeps the midfield/defense under pressure.

I hate watching Leno, Luiz and/or Xhaka wasting possession playing for that 1 in 100 successful ball over the top to PEA all game.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
A motivated Adebayor would be perfect, great all round game...

With Giroud it was everything into feet and nothing behind, Auba is everything in behind and nothing to feet...from one extreme to another with this club :lol:

A mixture of Auba and Giroud would make one hell of a player, think both have qualities in which they excell but at the same time lack significantly in other parts of their game.

Adebayor was incredible to watch at times and would've probably been higher up on my lists, if I'd liked his personality more. Wasn't a fan to be honest.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
His workrate has really dropped. I remember the Valencia game last season, he chased every ball and didn't stop running. It caused their defence nightmares.

Now he just strolls around whilst our midfield pass it around in the final 3rd.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Adebayor was the least clinical CF I've ever seen at arsenal, up there with Danny welbeck. Missed so many sitters. However in saying that his overalls play was very good. great find from Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom