• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal are a business like any other. If 55 redundancies need to be made then so be it. We don't know the ins and outs of those redundancies, its the way of the world.

Do remember Arsenal have 1,125 employees. So 55 out of that many is actually good going considering whats happening.

Are transfers all you care about?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are transfers all you care about?

Its not like they're sacking the dinner ladies fam. It'll probably be people who just aren't needed, tough decisions need to be made during a pandemic especially if you're a self sustaining club. Stan has given a lot by refinancing the debt and we need to also keep competitive to then be able to re hire people in the future.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I hope this isn't like the pay-cut thing, where Arsenal took a pay-cut thinking all the other clubs would and then none of them did. I don't mean I want employees at other clubs made redundant, but if other PL clubs don't make announcements like this then it makes you wonder why Arsenal need to make 55 people redundant.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
55 people losing their jobs so Willian can get his desired 3 year contract.

One of the most disgusting moves I‘ve ever seen by the club.

I'm sure posts like this are trolls :lol:

Even if they've made 55 people who are on 20k a year redundant that's only around a million quid. We obviously have a completely separate budget for each entity.

I love how people go mental before knowing the ins and outs of things. Narrow mindedness at its finest. Some of the 55 could be youth players who aren't good enough. Or maybe coaches or people who aren't pulling their weight.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'm sure posts like this are trolls :lol:

Even if they've made 55 people who are on 20k a year redundant that's only around a million quid. We obviously have a completely separate budget for each entity.

I love how people go mental before knowing the ins and outs of things. Narrow mindedness at its finest. Some of the 55 could be youth players who aren't good enough. Or maybe coaches or people who aren't pulling their weight.

Wtf, why are you so keen to stand up for the club in this situation? That's some late capitalism type sh*t right there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@dashsnow17 why would you bash the club without knowing the ins and outs? That doesn't make sense at all. In every business you have people who may not be pulling their weight, simple way of life, lazy people are everywhere.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
People are losing their jobs everywhere so the argument that Kroenke is worth x amount and should pay them is one I can’t agree with. There’s billionaires the world over who own businesses that are currently letting staff go, rightly or wrongly. Where are these 55 peoples working? If it’s in hospitality at the stadium that’s obviously not going to be something that will be operating for the foreseeable future. Why should they be paid if they’re not working?

It’s unfortunate but that’s the world we live in at the minute.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If only we had a multi-billionaire owner who could pay that out of pocket for a year and not even feel it in his bank account....

Why would you continue to pay a steward when they simply aren't needed? When they're once again needed they can come back ffs. There's going to be a lot of jobs that aren't currently needed at the club. Those people have been paid for the past 4/5 months. Its time to make a difficult decision.

Nobody knows how long this will go on for, to get rid of someone who isn't working isn't a bad thing in the slightest but people will obviously blow it out of proportion to bash the Kroenkes and such.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wtf, why are you so keen to stand up for the club in this situation? That's some late capitalism type sh*t right there.

Would love to see his LinkedIn account. Bet you he has one of those made up positions like "Head of kicking ass and taking names".

FFS, there's nothing wrong with making mad amounts of money, but this is likely pocket change for Kroenke.

PressResistance

So, you'd keep GRIMandi and Gazidis indefinitely because them not pulling their weight wasn't a problem?

Would love to see who it is that is getting laid off before making a judgement.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People are losing their jobs everywhere so the argument that Kroenke is worth x amount and should pay them is one I can’t agree with. There’s billionaires the world over who own businesses that are currently letting staff go, rightly or wrongly. Where are these 55 peoples working? If it’s in hospitality at the stadium that’s obviously not going to be something that will be operating for the foreseeable future. Why should they be paid if they’re not working?

Raul’s husband defending a billionaire.

Sickening.

El Duderino

People are losing their jobs everywhere so the argument that Kroenke is worth x amount and should pay them is one I can’t agree with. There’s billionaires the world over who own businesses that are currently letting staff go. Where are these 55 peoples working? If it’s in hospitality at the stadium that’s obviously not going to be something that will be operating for the foreseeable further. Why should they be paid if they’re not working?

Because they make our multi-billionaire owner richer? This is not some mom and pops business struggling to survive we're talking about.

Clubs are a business, but they're also a community of people. Why should the little man/woman (and @OnlyOne ) be shafted so that its billionaire owner can save cents to the dollar?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would love to see his LinkedIn account. Bet you he has one of those made up positions like "Head of kicking ass and taking names".

FFS, there's nothing wrong with making mad amounts of money, but this is likely pocket change for Kroenke.

Why would you continue to pay someone who isn't needed?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because they make our multi-billionaire owner richer? This is not some mom and pops business struggling to survive we're talking about.

Clubs are a business, but they're also a community of people. Why should the little man/woman (and @OnlyOne ) be shafted so that its billionaire owner can save cents to the dollar?

Because they don't have a job at the club right now due to fans not being allowed into stadiums :lol::lol:

Multi million pound businesses will let people go if there's no work for them.

El Duderino

Why would you continue to pay a steward when they simply aren't needed? When they're once again needed they can come back ffs. There's going to be a lot of jobs that aren't currently needed at the club. Those people have been paid for the past 4/5 months. Its time to make a difficult decision.

Nobody knows how long this will go on for, to get rid of someone who isn't working isn't a bad thing in the slightest but people will obviously blow it out of proportion to bash the Kroenkes and such.

Because it's the right and moral thing to do?

Listen, I'll stress this again, there's nothing wrong in making billions of dollars in money, but when you amass that much wealth you should have real responsibilities to those who make you that wealthy.

I know morals and money don't go together, but Kroenke likely makes a lot of these person's yearly wages in interest alone by the ****ing hour.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

All very well looking at it with an idealistic and moralistic pair of goggles but this is how the world works. HSBC turnover £50bn a year but they’re getting rid of 35,000 people because they won’t be making as much profit as they would’ve done. A lot of those people work their arse off everyday helping the bank make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom