• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senna

Ppl downplaying AMN here, Arteta doesnt suffer fools and wouldnt have gave him a 2nd chance if he didnt belive in him. Chilwell is going for £60m - never seen Chilwell shut down Sterling like AMN did and Chilwell is a full time LB. AMN could be our equivalent of James Milner, you need versatile players liek that in any title winning squad.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I dunno, I think Iwobi has been misused for a while now......... plonk Iwobi right in the middle of the park. That'll get the best out of him IMO.
In the middle of the park for what exactly ?, he's never been a goal scorer due to his appalling shooting technique, never really been a person who provides assist's,

Iwobi was good at ball retention and had a half decent dribble we fleeced Everton one of the better deals we've done recently.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Ppl downplaying AMN here, Arteta doesnt suffer fools and wouldnt have gave him a 2nd chance if he didnt belive in him. Chilwell is going for £60m - never seen Chilwell shut down Sterling like AMN did and Chilwell is a full time LB. AMN could be our equivalent of James Milner, you need versatile players liek that in any title winning squad.
We don't have a title winning squad. We've got bigger gaps to fill in the midfield. Put it this way, if you were offered a Thiago AMN swap would you take it? Because thats essentially what we're doing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In the middle of the park for what exactly ?, he's never been a goal scorer due to his appalling shooting technique, never really been a person who provides assist's,

Iwobi was good at ball retention and had a half decent dribble we fleeced Everton one of the better deals we've done recently.
He always created decent chances though, even with his low assist count. He'd be a great attacking CM IMO, with his body strength and ball-carrying. He's not a goalscorer or a man with a final ball, but he's technically secure, a good dribbler and was one of our better ball progressing players even at his worst. I know it's cool to talk about how "sh!t" he was but really, he wasn't that bad, just wasn't good enough as a winger or forward. But I feel he could be much better used in midfield.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
He always created decent chances though, even with his low assist count. He'd be a great attacking CM IMO, with his body strength and ball-carrying. He's not a goalscorer or a man with a final ball, but he's technically secure, a good dribbler and was one of our better ball progressing players even at his worst. I know it's cool to talk about how "sh!t" he was but really, he wasn't that bad, just wasn't good enough as a winger or forward. But I feel he could be much better used in midfield.
Actually I've always said Iwobi was "****" my narrative on that is not new, we'll not quite using those terms but not good enough,

what good is ball progression if it leads to nothing, which in most cases is what it led to due to Iwobi's poor footballing technique or poor decision making,

giving"not that bad" kind of players chances is exactly why we are were we are right now as a club, languishing in mid-table trying to rebuild AGAIN,

My case in point is, it doesn't matter where you put Iwobi the result is going to be the same, inconsistency, bad technique, poor decision making,

he was given a chance because our lack of investment and his rapid physical development nothing more, I was happy when we sold him one less mediocre player to ***** about.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Actually I've always said Iwobi was "****" my narrative on that is not new, we'll not quite using those terms but not good enough,

what good is ball progression if it leads to nothing, which in most cases is what it led to due to Iwobi's poor footballing technique or poor decision making,

giving"not that bad" kind of players chances is exactly why we are were we are right now as a club, languishing in mid-table trying to rebuild AGAIN,

My case in point is, it doesn't matter where you put Iwobi the result is going to be the same, inconsistency, bad technique, poor decision making,

he was given a chance because our lack of investment and his rapid physical development nothing more, I was happy when we sold him one less mediocre player to ***** about.
I'm not arguing against us selling him - I wasn't too upset that he left. My argument is that we got a good deal for him but we didn't exactly "fleece" Everton because Iwobi isn't a bad player and they are using him wrong :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
For me, AMN once up yo speed has put in a 7/10 performance in his various positions. I know we need the money but after the first 11 even with the rumoured additions, the drop from first teamer to replacement is lower quality than AMN. KT to Kola is worse than KT to AMN. Same story at RB and on the wings. Unless we can improve the first 17 for all comos, we keep AMN and sell the dross like Elneny and see what we havd left.

senna

We don't have a title winning squad. We've got bigger gaps to fill in the midfield. Put it this way, if you were offered a Thiago AMN swap would you take it? Because thats essentially what we're doing.

Obviosuly I'd take Thiago over AMN, but there is no guarantee selling AMN gets us Thiago. Lets be honest if Liverpool meet Bayern's asking price Thiago isnt coming here. Its because we have so many gaps that needs filling in the squad you keep AMN, if you want a RB/RWB/LWB, CM, RM - how much would it cost to get you someone competent in those positions aboout £15m for each position? So £75m in total at best & hope they settle/can actually perfom? You've got AMN who can do it already & you all want to give him away for £20m? If we are serious we keep AMN & then add the Thiago's on top of them. Far more pressing players in the squad to get rid off e.g. Sok, Mustafi, Elneny, Torreira, Özil, Lacezette - even giving some of them away for £5m and saving on their wages brings you almost £20m.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The fact that half of the PL is in for Ainsley, and no one seemingly wants to touch Bellerin tells you all you need to know...

The fact that half of The Premier League are in for AMN and nobody has came in for Auba or Özil should mean he's our highest earner?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nice, a bit of cash in the bank and I like Wolves as a team.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gutted, really do believe he has everything to become a top class right back.

Hopefully we get a good fee and can bring Partey/Aouar in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom