• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Makes you wonder what exactly? If an offer of 30 million comes in you sell. 30 million for a player returning from an ACL who has not displayed consistency yet, who is still being managed with his recovery, who relies on his pace and running off the ball. Yeah I'd sell.

Makes you wonder why such big teams are in for him.

He started 13 league games last season how can you expect him to display consistency especially under a new manager?

Now he is starting to get back to his best. Only reason id sell is because I dont think hes good enough in the long run and we need funds.

In a team full of quality he will be excellent. Sadly we don't have that right now.

As a right back Aisnley isn't better but has the potential to be a lot better.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He has displayed plenty of consistency since the return of football. What more do you expect? He's been out for a year, and was superb before his injury.

It's only going to get better from now on; especially given the positive environment Arteta has installed around the club. Everyone's performing well.

Even Holding, who's looking a lot like not of the required quality got better as he built fitness.

Again, the same happened with Kos - who was still somehow our best defender (yikes) - when he got match fit.

I'm a Hector Stan, but I think he's certainly upgradable on the near (1+ year) future and I'd still be down to selling him given the needs of the squad, but people want to make it seem like he's Jenko Mk.2 here.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I think Heccy B gets a hard time from many, that said you cant help but feel he’s at his level, can’t see him getting any better. He does rely on his pace & whilst I think he’s decent we can definitely improve the RB position especially if it gives us funds for this window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Look at the last two teams to win the CL. Look at their right backs. Kimmich and Trent.

When we start really moving forward Pereira and Atal should be our targets for long term right backs.

Until then AMN and Cedric is okay. But as AMN Bellerin should go to help the squad move forward quicker.

I do like Bellerin, hes a good right back but he will never be a great right back.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Look at the last two teams to win the CL. Look at their right backs. Kimmich and Trent.

When we start really moving forward Pereira and Atal should be our targets for long term right backs.

Until then AMN and Cedric is okay. But as AMN Bellerin should go to help the squad move forward quicker.

I do like Bellerin, hes a good right back but he will never be a great right back.
Pereria just had a really nasty injury, no point going for him if we’re to move Bellerin on as he has moved past his own injury problems

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pereria just had a really nasty injury, no point going for him if we’re to move Bellerin on as he has moved past his own injury problems

All three (Atal, Bellerin and Pereira) have actually just come back from very nasty injuries. But in terms of natural ability I love Atal and Pereira is also up there.

Think we're fine for another season though. Gotta see if AMN can kick on.

Reactions: roz

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Italian sources are just generally awful though. Almost as bad as Spanish radio stations.

E.g. all those ‘tier 1 Napoli sources’ who said they’d definitely signed Gabriel.
I don't remember the sources for Gabriel/Napoli being that good. Just some weird fan sites.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Given KT is a more tradition fullback, ie he gets up and down the touchline and puts crosses in, I'd like the RB to be more technical in the sense that he can combine with the midfielders more. This is why I think AMN is the way to go.

Of course he can improve his defending, but thats the easy bit. He's immense on the ball, and a brilliant athlete. I really do think he has everything to be a top class fullback.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The Cedric deal doesn't make any sense unless one of Bellerin or AMN is sold. Shame cos they're two of the most likeable members of the squad on a personal level, but if we have to sell a likeable homegrown fullback to fund a quality midfielder then so be it. Still think it's more likely AMN leaves though.

Not sure Bellerin or AMN can ever be elite RB's, but I'd happily take either as good long-term starters in that position.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think Bellerin gets a lot of stick for his off field stuff. very easy to get annoyed at vegan tree huggers.

he is a good player who when he came in was great. young fresh energetic it's what expected. he has struggled for consistency and had a lot of injuries. It's easy to see why some want him to go some want him to stay.

one if wengers greatest quotes. the first sign of quality is consistency. I dont think Bellerin has delivered it but I think he can if he gets over his injuries. It's a 30m risk.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Cedric deal doesn't make any sense unless one of Bellerin or AMN is sold. Shame cos they're two of the most likeable members of the squad on a personal level, but if we have to sell a likeable homegrown fullback to fund a quality midfielder then so be it. Still think it's more likely AMN leaves though.

Not sure Bellerin or AMN can ever be elite RB's, but I'd happily take either as good long-term starters in that position.

Its down to mentality for Ainsley imo. Technically he's got everything, and he's a top class athlete as well. Cut out the lapses in concentration, and play with more aggression, and I really do think he can be one of the best.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Its down to mentality for Ainsley imo. Technically he's got everything, and he's a top class athlete as well. Cut out the lapses in concentration, and play with more aggression, and I really do think he can be one of the best.

Might be down to mentality or consistency or desire or whatever, but it's probably just down to quality in the final 3rd. Elite modern RB's like Dani Alves, Kimmich or TAA can produce that quality assist in the final 3rd on a fairly regular basis, I just doubt Bellerin or AMN have that in their locker. Both good players though who we got for free, so i'm fine with either as starting RB.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Again, the same I'm a Hector Stan, but I think he's certainly upgradable on the near (1+ year) future and I'd still be down to selling him given the needs of the squad, but people want to make it seem like he's Jenko Mk.2 here.

That's harsh on Jenko even even he had much better positional awareness (althought not to required standard but Bellerin's positional awareness is closer Santos or Traore), higher work rate and was a better crosser of the ball.

Bellerin is more of the blend of the bad attributes of Santos and Jenkinson is a more accurate comparison I think.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That's harsh on Jenko even even he had much better positional awareness (althought not to required standard but Bellerin's positional awareness is closer Santos or Traore), higher work rate and was a better crosser of the ball.

Bellerin is more the belnd of the bad attributes of Santos and Jenkinson is a more accurate comparison I think.

:lol:

C'mon Mitch, Jenko can hardly get a game for Forest. He was an Arsenal lad and had a good cross and an ok engine on him and that was it.

Don't ever change man, :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he’s better than people think but I’d reluctantly sell and hope we don’t end up making the wrong decision.

AMN is definitely better on the ball but he needs to translate that to end product and imo he’s not as good a defender as Heccy. A player of Niles’ quality should be aiming for about 10+ g/a per season from RB.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I just think Bellerin is outdated. He would be much more respected if he played in the 09-15 period but now he's a dinosaur. First of all he's not that great on the ball, relies on his pace, stiff and we all know that but I think this low-key comes down to who does our record signing prefer playing with. We need to make Pepe look good and he tends to have his better games with AMN behind him than Bellerin.

GunnerShy

I just think Bellerin is outdated. He would be much more respected if he played in the 09-15 period but now he's a dinosaur. First of all he's not that great on the ball, relies on his pace, stiff and we all know that but I think this low-key comes down to who does our record signing prefer playing with. We need to make Pepe look good and he tends to have his better games with AMN behind him than Bellerin.

I agree, although I think it's less true in recent games. The understanding between HB and Pepe improved towards the very end of the season. Bellerin's quality on the ball is not as bad as people make out. He has a habit of getting into very good positions with the ball and has, many times, fluffed his lines. At other times he can be productive cutting back the ball or even shooting himself.

He has had a tendency to occupy areas where Pepe should be so that needs (I think it has been) sorting out.

I can rationalise his sale, but I don't think it'd be anywhere near as productive in upgrading the team as selling one of our keepers would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom