• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is just make powerful clubs more powerful and it'll likely lead to European super league.

Reactions: Kav

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The threat of a breakaway European Super League might push them to vote yes. A PL without the 'big six' would be ****ed.

The whole idea of an ESL baffles me tbh. The appeal of all the big clubs is that they either win or finish in the top 2 or top 4 of their respective leagues year on year.

Let's say this ESL is made up of 18-20 teams.

Has anyone realized this means a Real Madrid or Barcelona could easily finish midtable in a league like this? Super league or not, midtable is still midtable. Not to mention that it will be a nightmare for away fans, champions league by my count is a maximum ofeight away games. If every game is against a team outside of your country. An ESL will require between 13-18 away trips.

maxxspeed

The whole idea of an ESL baffles me tbh. The appeal of all the big clubs is that they either win or finish in the top 2 or top 4 of their respective leagues year on year.

Has anyone realized this means a Real Madrid or Barcelona could easily finish midtable in a league like this? Super league or not, midtable is still midtable. Not to mention that it will be a nightmare for away fans, champions league by my count is a maximum ofeight away games. If every game is against a team outside of your country. An ESL will require between 13-18 away trips.

I believe they are trying going to a NFL style system. You underestimated how much money the worst so call ESL team can make.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

The money is all that matters. The TV contracts for this league would be outrageous.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I want to know how would the FA block this and also can they stop them from forming a super league.
I think the FA has some sort of veto power to stop any such moves.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I want to know how would the FA block this and also can they stop them from forming a super league.
I think the FA has some sort of veto power to stop any such moves.
Yes, the FA have a golden share in the PL:
A golden share is a nominal share which is able to outvote all other shares in certain specified circumstances, often held by a government organization, in a government company undergoing the process of privatization and transformation into a stock-company.

Stannis

Cricket did this with the big 3 and it been a disaster with India going power mad

it won’t be as bad in the pl but it is still a bad idea that will lead to worse ideas

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

As a side but related note:

All 'play offs' in football are BS I'd be so annoyed if my championship club didn't get promoted because they lost across two legs to a team that finished below them in a 46 match season

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If they real wanted to help the league in these times they’d look at F1 and implement a budget cap.

Win for everyone imo, clubs like ourselves would be in a better position to compete for the top players. But oil clubs would still be free to spend to an extent.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
  • The abolition of the League Cup and the Community Shield
Can understand the League Cup, but why the Community Shield?

It's a one off game before the season starts, what harm does that cause.

Jealousy because we keep winning it lol

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
These proposals are ridiculous and taking advantage of the world crisis going now. The billionaire are very sick people. and hopefully will get rejected.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If you want help to help EFL clubs give them money and force them to not ask ridiculous money for thier players you don't see Bundesliga 2 serie b ligue 2 la liga 2 asking 30m to sell thier players. :lol:

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

This is a good piece. The proposals are more than anything anyone else has come up with. Of course the initial proposals are going to be more beneficial to the authors: the big 6

But what has anyone else suggested? Modify these ideas to balance it out. At least it's a starting point

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Spain Italy France Germany all affected worse by this crisis and they never came up with these ideas. PL already very competitive and popular no need for these needless ideas.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is a good piece. The proposals are more than anything anyone else has come up with. Of course the initial proposals are going to be more beneficial to the authors: the big 6

But what has anyone else suggested? Modify these ideas to balance it out. At least it's a starting point

25% of tv rights being shared to efl teams is terrible idea. Its way too good for a deal and when someone offer you something too good to be true. Run away. The issue in England is ther are too many professional teams for such a small country and that cant last. If big clubs is gonna finance smaller clubs that would naturally go under. Then thats a problem

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

25% of tv rights being shared to efl teams is terrible idea. Its way too good for a deal and when someone offer you something too good to be true. Run away. The issue in England is ther are too many professional teams for such a small country and that cant last. If big clubs is gonna finance smaller clubs that would naturally go under. Then thats a problem

Why? Most football clubs were started in a different era where wealth and economy were not so centralised and urban. Rising income and wealth inequality along with movement of industry away from the small towns and villages to the large cities is a phenomenon outside the world of football. As such the small towns that are victims of this will also struggle to support their teams financially.

If football can find a way to not be totally under the sway of the rising inequality we find ourselves in then I say that's a good thing.

These clubs are important cultural and societal things that can help support and hold communities together. I'd argue this is a wonderful idea (the redistribution of money bit).

The PL is a microcosm of all wrong with capitalism. It concentrates power and wealth with a few who were lucky enough to have success in an industry at the right time.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom