• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When should Arsène Wenger have left ??

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Raul was the biggest scammer though, he set us back years. Who tf gave him so much power knowing he was a swindler?

Well Gazidis brought him in, then the Kroenkes were happy to give him a bigger role once Gazidis left

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Firstly I'll give it to Wenger, I think I majorly underestimated just how hard managing at remotely close to the top level.

Sure he majorly dipped in later years but even those teams had a fluency we can only dream on now.

I'd say he should've left after the 2014 FA Cup final. Ideally he would've made way for Klopp in 2013 I think it was, but tbh with how badly our backroom staff have invested I wonder how much progress we could've made with him.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
The Leicester season. He was already past it but that summer the money came and if we had someone like Klopp around we'd be in a much much better situation.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
arsenal cant sign suarez, grealish, vardy etc....but fans dreaming that Klopp would have taken the job.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Leicester season. He was already past it but that summer the money came and if we had someone like Klopp around we'd be in a much much better situation.
He came 2nd in the league. If that's past it what are you calling our recent mid table seasons. Never read such claptrap. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger should have left 2004. Agreeing to stay so that the bank could have their assurance for the stadium loan was a stupid thing to do.

2004 to 2013 we spent bottom half of the table and Wenger still got top 4 every single year. And the fans never appreciated it, or even understood what an incredible achievement it was.

2014 he was humiliated at the Stoke train station. By 2015/16 they'd worked themselves into a frenzy. After that it was like bear baiting.

Kav

Established Member
When he said finishing in the top4 was like winning a trophy.

Funny thing is he was right. Top 4 guarantee's more money than winning the Fa Cup/carbao and pretty much brings in an extra 40M minimum each year.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger got dissed for it, but he was ahead of his time, top 4 is a trophy. If we get top 4 I’ll jump around like a crazy little child.

Chelsea, Utd, Sp**s etc managers today all just talk about the top 4.

Breezy

Funny thing is he was right. Top 4 guarantee's more money than winning the Fa Cup/carbao and pretty much brings in an extra 40M minimum each year.

It sent out the wrong message. The mentality within the club hasn’t been what it should be ever since.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
For himself or for us?

For his own career, 2004 after the invincibles. Where can you go after that?

It would have been the prime time to go to Real Madrid too, if he could have convinced Vieira to come with him. All that team was missing was a DM.

Post 2008 he would have been on a hiding to nothing at Madrid, Barcelona were cleaning up in European football.

If he left in 2006-2012
Bayern? They weren't that great then and were in a rebuilding phase.
An Italian club? Inter was out of the question, Juventus were in their worst period and AC Milan were starting to fade.

Ironically, I almost don't see a job where Wenger would have been a rousing success, given the circumstances surrounding his potential club s from 2006 to 2012.

He was never seriously linked to the Barcelona job but I think he'd have done great there after Pep departed.

For us as a club? I'd argue he should still be here. I'd have gotten rid of everyone around him first and gave him a new team and structure to work with.

Imagine Sven Misntalt working hand in hand with the great man to bring in young talent, with a competent CEO working above them, no Egghead.

If I take the view that he's truly past it and I let anger cloud my judgment. He would have been out the door (this is predicated on the belief that it was his choice and his alone to not sign an outfield player in 2015), the second Leicester won the league. However I cannot believe, that someone as experienced and knowledgeable as Wenger, refused to sign a player. The transfer team must have failed horribly that summer and he is covering for them. I do blame him for signing and persisting with Cech. That double agent cost us points.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
2004, right after that Invincible season. Was never motivated after that. A stain on the history of our club from that point on, bulldozing a historic stadium!

nas7232

Should have never left. Look at the state of the club since he was forced out. All he needed was new coaching staff and gabriel + partey

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom