• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Sunday, November 29 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

My dad who is 91 and doesn't really watch football anymore, was with me today in my home and he said ''I remember when you guys had that Bergkamp and Henry as strikers''.

Made me sad to think what we used too be, and what we have become now. really sad

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My dad who is 91 and doesn't really watch football anymore, was with me today in my home and he said ''I remember when you guys had that Bergkamp and Henry as strikers''.

Made me sad to think what we used too be, and what we have become now. really sad

The overall quality of player has gone down across the board in world football to be honest. That's sad in itself.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It depends on the game. Next week, the latter. Any other day, the former. Partey-Willock-Azeez is incredibly balanced on paper though, I'd like to see it.
If available, I'd start Partey and Willock vs Sp**s with Elneny as the third man. Less chance of being bypassed even if we lack creativity.

DubbedTheNewWenger

I admittedly was a bit fired up when liking that. But I still agree with the sentiment and we really don't need to look to the U-23's to find young academy players not getting enough playing time.

I mean, give Saka, Willock, Reiss, Saliba, AMN, ESR and Nketiah an actual season to show their worth. It'd be make it or break it for them, but at least we'd know and it's hard to imagine they would do worse than this... (I guess Eddie is the one who has actual gotten chances and not quite taken them)

Martinelli when fit as well obv.

Beyond deluded. Bar Saka, Saliba and Martinelli, the rest of those players range from bang average to poor.

DubbedTheNewWenger

Willock was our best midfielder but he needed to be one of the two in the pivot. As the advanced midfielder, he was positive but just didn't seem to be ahead of the game - rather behind it at times. Saka had to try and get involved by coming inside more. The midfield just didn't circulate the ball well enough and there was no presence in the area just outside the box.

I genuinely don't understand the fascination people have with Willock. He's a bang average player. Does nothing well. But because he's English and homegrown they give him leeway.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Well, I agree to some extent. But Arteta is tactically adept. I'm not talking about how we somehow found our way all through the FA Cup, but more about that he actually made us better when he came in last season. Not just defensively, go back and look at some YT-compilations from spring.

I agree that the cup run was unfortunate to an extent (including all the points you made around it), as it hid big flaws in our attacking play. We don't command matches though, I agree with that and he needs to address this.

But as things stand, the only reason we'd improve under a new manager is because they would come in and have little pressure this year - just like Arteta last season. We might as well give him time. Then again, with that being said, he of course needs to show more. I just don't think the club has enough patience with him right now and that's showing in his coaching.
Even the improvement as it were is starting to feel like a bit of new manager bounce that came later than is typical due to covid. And it's not like the performances really could have been much worse than the last days of Emery though one could argue we're close now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EoBS3rmXUAEkAk_

...this is a joke, we need to start signing some forwards/midfielders who can actually take players on ffs!

Think I remember reading a stat that said in 2014/2015, Arsenal had the most dribbles in the league, with the likes of Sanchez, Chamberlain, Cazorla and Wilshere always looking to beat players...but since then we have been dropping lower and lower, think by 2018/2019 we were in the bottom 10 for dribbles attempted, even lower now surely.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wtf just saw we wheeled out Willock for the post match stuff :lol::lol: ****ing great leaders in our senior players. Wankers.
Too afraid to comes out and talk i think Luiz could've come out and speak if he wasn't badly injured. I don't think it would change anything

Manberg

Predator
Willian made a great cross to Gabriel who scored and made it look easy. Willian kept making great crosses but our strikers were just ball watching and not attacking the ball. Honestly, our attack would be much more of a threat with Gabriel instead of this version of Auba up front, and I’m serious.

I get that Auba’s not good in the air, but he doesn’t attack crosses on the ground anymore either. Or he does but turns away from goal.

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
As Guardiola said, it's the quality of the players that determines whether your plans work or not.
Guardiola isn't the best example. The guy cannot adapt his style to his players. That's why he says that, he spends until he finds a player who works.

There are managers who adapt their style and tactics to the players they currently have.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
EoBS3rmXUAEkAk_

...this is a joke, we need to start signing some forwards/midfielders who can actually take players on ffs!

Think I remember reading a stat that said in 2014/2015, Arsenal had the most dribbles in the league, with the likes of Sanchez, Chamberlain, Cazorla and Wilshere always looking to beat players...but since then we have been dropping lower and lower, think by 2018/2019 we were in the bottom 10 for dribbles attempted, even lower now surely.
It couldn't work if Arteta Couches him that out. More like players are discouraged to dribble. Arteta is constantly yelling them to pass back the ball. You actually can hear him in the TV transmissions.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I do not know why he took willian off was having his best game since his debut, got a assist and was generally looking dangerous and making intelligent passes.

Needed a goal and brings on laca with 10 minutes to go was a another bad call.

Been games where we have thrown it away but I have mainly been putting that down to the players not being good enough and not concentrating. Recently too many mistakes by the manager has cost us dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom