• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Man was a worldie and one we let get away a month ago, he goes on to have an argument with a teammate and has a lapse of concentration in a game they're battered and now he's sh1t. I can't bro. :lol:
I don't know. I just see a toxic player that isn't a world beater. You come to a point where you have to trust the people that have to deal with the player week in week out.

I don't think Arteta would have gotten rid out of pure spite. Guendouzi has talent, but you have to back that up with a professional attitude.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don't know. I just see a toxic player that isn't a world beater. You come to a point where you have to trust the people that have to deal with the player week in week out.

I don't think Arteta would have gotten rid out of pure spite. Guendouzi has talent, but you have to back that up with a professional attitude.
I mean, he isn't the only toxic player that isn't a world beater at the club. Mustafi pointing blame and flailing his arms after mistakes etc. Xhaka etc. I could go on.

He's still a young boy, and I think he should've apologized but he's clearly talented and needs nurturing. Arteta definitely took a hard stance with him.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I don’t know enough to outright defend him, but the way he was handled was a bit amateur and I doubt it would happen again.

Difficult characters is part of management, it’s not right but you’re never going to have 22 good boys like Tierney and Saka it’s impossible.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I mean, he isn't the only toxic player that isn't a world beater at the club. Mustafi pointing blame and flailing his arms after mistakes etc. Xhaka etc. I could go on.

He's still a young boy, and I think he should've apologized but he's clearly talented and needs nurturing. Arteta definitely took a hard stance with him.

There is no doubt about the talent. He runs the risk of ruining his career though. His former manager also mentioned his 'bad attitude'

"Guendouzi's problem is not physical and is not technical,"

"It's his attitude, it's not good for the team or the coach. My relationship with him wasn't very good"

"He took his job seriously, his training was no problem, and his character is to always want to win," said Casoni.

"Sometimes when he talks it's good. But sometimes he talks badly. He talks too much.

"His talent isn't in question, that's not the issue. He can be a top, top player and I think he can still succeed abroad. It's up to him to change his attitude."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/matteo-guendouzi-blasted-ex-manager-22326016

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

There is no doubt about the talent. He runs the risk of ruining his career though. His former manager also mentioned his 'bad attitude'

"Guendouzi's problem is not physical and is not technical,"

"It's his attitude, it's not good for the team or the coach. My relationship with him wasn't very good"

"He took his job seriously, his training was no problem, and his character is to always want to win," said Casoni.

"Sometimes when he talks it's good. But sometimes he talks badly. He talks too much.

"His talent isn't in question, that's not the issue. He can be a top, top player and I think he can still succeed abroad. It's up to him to change his attitude."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/matteo-guendouzi-blasted-ex-manager-22326016
Thing is which I took aim with my original post is that his talent is in question on here by some posters (not you) who decided he's sh1t again after that one video clip and argument but were saying Arteta is crap and the reason we're losing a potential worldie a month before.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He was never a world beater, that nonsense was just a stick to best Arteta with, there's already plenty of stuff to have a go at Arteta about without pretending Guendouzi has shown anything in an Arsenal shirt other than that Villa game. Not one person cared about him prior to the Brighton game and his subsequent exile.

Thing is which I took aim with my original post is that his talent is in question on here by some posters (not you) who decided he's sh1t again after that one video clip and argument but were saying Arteta is crap and the reason we're losing a potential worldie a month before.

Are you talking about me?

I have never rated him. Not once. Pretty well documented here on AM. Don't think he has it. Didn't see any improvement in his positional play or defensive game even with all the starts Emery handed him in the league for his whole time here.

His attitude to go with him failing to improve is then just gasoline on the fire of the ****ness this player is.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Perspectives change so fast :lol: :lol:

Never ceases to amaze me. One minute the second coming of Jesus, the next minute a sack of potatoes.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I have never rated him. Not once. Pretty well documented here on AM. Don't think he has it. Didn't see any improvement in his positional play or defensive game even with all the starts Emery handed him in the league for his whole time here.

His attitude to go with him failing to improve is then just gasoline on the fire of the ****ness this player is.
I'm not targeting any particular poster with that post or else I would @ them. I'm saying take a look at page 37-38 versus 39 when the clip was posted and see the difference in the general opinion. :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm not targeting any particular poster with that post or else I would @ them. I'm saying take a look at page 37-38 versus 39 when the clip was posted and see the difference in the general opinion. :lol:

Gooner416, great posting. It's hilarious around here. People jumping on eagerly at the moment something agrees with their "agenda".

Even in that clip the other player made a bad header pass straight to opponent, and Guendouzi had to handle 2 players in a difficult situation in the middle. In addition the opposition player scored a worldie on a fast turn when the game was already done like you said.

It's funny like you say, but part of why AM is so amusing place to be.

mpower2540

He was never a world beater, that nonsense was just a stick to best Arteta with, there's already plenty of stuff to have a go at Arteta about without pretending Guendouzi has shown anything in an Arsenal shirt other than that Villa game. Not one person cared about him prior to the Brighton game and his subsequent exile.
This is spot on. Although I’d say he was excellent in the Sp**s 2nd half......
He’s got something but I’ve never seen a world beater, plus I find him really hard to like.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is spot on. Although I’d say he was excellent in the Sp**s 2nd half......
He’s got something but I’ve never seen a world beater, plus I find him really hard to like.

He’s just incredibly slow, and ponderous on the ball. I’ve no doubt he could thrive alongside someone like Partey but we cannot have only one midfielder who can play 1 touch high tempo football.

mpower2540

He’s just incredibly slow, and ponderous on the ball. I’ve no doubt he could thrive alongside someone like Partey but we cannot have only one midfielder who can play 1 touch high tempo football.
Yeah I’m sick of having players that seem to want to just take as many touches as they can before letting someone else have it. I want someone as dominant as Partey is, next to Partey personally. Off the ball I think Guendouzi is a bit of a con artist, he does lots of gestures, puts in the odd rough tackle and foul which seems to put him in a lot of people’s good boos but he gets bossed in duels (particularly arial), and his recovery runs are pathetic. Although he did seem to improve a little in this area and unfortunately fell out with Mikel.

Honestly I haven’t really watched him at Hertha but people are saying he’s been excellent so good on him! Is he a talent? Yes, I just don’t think he’s the type that suits how we need to be to move forward.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really not good his team struggle and now in relegation battle but i read Hertha gone ambition and will try hire Tuchel.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

If he was a Hale End product called Matt Willock you would be twerking about him 24/7, wouldn't you hydro? :shivering:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

An argument :lol:

Come on guys don’t let this little run we are on fool you into thinking everything Arteta has done was right.

Players argue all the time, we have guys swinging for each other at London Colney, this was an argument.

Never been a fan of Matteo but I’m not going to bash him for bickering.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We all know matteo when things go wrong he bit lose his head and just become all over the place as professional you really can't do that every time

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Its good he's having a wobble and learning elsewhere. He'll be better for it. I'd sooner shift Torreira and Elneny before him and I want Hertha to stay up so they can make another offer for Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom