• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
20M and a season long for Ødegaard feels reasonable.

Will he be happy with far more of a squad role though? His starts this season are purely due to Partey’s fitness.

GDeep™

League is very weak
20M and a season long for Ødegaard feels reasonable.

Will he be happy with far more of a squad role though? His starts this season are purely due to Partey’s fitness.
You want to spend that much on a squaddy when we have no money and actually need another starting CM and maybe a couple of new attackers?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You want to spend that much on a squaddy when we have no money and actually need another starting CM and maybe a couple of new attackers?

More than enough to cover it with player sales alone. Going for a starting CM feels more like a wish list item, Partey is that signing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ceballos is the wrong profile. Technicly good but with limited physicality. Madrid are desperate. No need to build them out. Ødegaard is more suitable.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos has the ability he just has massive consistency issues. There are some games where he really comes to life and offers a good passing range and even good defending. This doesnt happen every game though, and sometimes he even looks kinda gassed out towards the end of a match.

I'd say signing him for £20m would be dependant on what we do with Xhaka. If we see Xhaka as the long term partner for Partey then there's no point in signing him, Xhaka and Ceballos have proven they have quite similar skill sets and weaknesses. I would say Ceballos is a much better dribbler while Xhaka can control the game better, but apart from that they're mostly similar. They've also proven they aren't good partners, so whats the point in potentially seeing more of that.

In an ideal world I would keep Ceballos and sell Xhaka, adding on another dynamic starting CM. But their situations mean its makes much more sense to keep Xhaka and let Ceballos go back to Madrid. I just ****ing hope we try to improve on Xhaka- unless he somehow manages to replicate this all the way until the end of the season.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Ceballos has the ability he just has massive consistency issues. There are some games where he really comes to life and offers a good passing range and even good defending. This doesnt happen every game though, and sometimes he even looks kinda gassed out towards the end of a match.

I'd say signing him for £20m would be dependant on what we do with Xhaka. If we see Xhaka as the long term partner for Partey then there's no point in signing him, Xhaka and Ceballos have proven they have quite similar skill sets and weaknesses. I would say Ceballos is a much better dribbler while Xhaka can control the game better, but apart from that they're mostly similar. They've also proven they aren't good partners, so whats the point in potentially seeing more of that.

In an ideal world I would keep Ceballos and sell Xhaka, adding on another dynamic starting CM. But their situations mean its makes much more sense to keep Xhaka and let Ceballos go back to Madrid. I just ****ing hope we try to improve on Xhaka- unless he somehow manages to replicate this all the way until the end of the season.

tbf to him, as soon as he plays a good game, xhaka still replaces him in the next. It's tough to be consistent without a consistent run of games.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
tbf to him, as soon as he plays a good game, xhaka still replaces him in the next. It's tough to be consistent without a consistent run of games.
But he has had a lot of poor games when you think about it. I do agree that he has gotten less of a chance than Xhaka though.

Maybe he's a bit like Pepe, he needs the manager's backing and consistent games to improve. I'm not sure if we're going to offer it here unless we promote him, imo we should be targetting a better CM in the summer. I would take a £30-40m Bissouma over him. He's more similar to the style we should be going for.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ceballos for 20m and Guendouzi new contract would be smart business. Move on El Nenny, AMN and maybe even Willock. In an ideal world, you move Xhaka on as well, but Mikel has a hard on for him.

Partey, Xhaka, Douzi, Ceballos and ESR is pretty good but lacks star power. Partey is as good as any cm (not a creator like KDB or Fernandes) in the league but the rest are Europa level. If we get a quality creator to rotate with ESR then it won't matter.

Reactions: roz

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
On his debut he aggressively won the ball back in a tackle and set up a goal, doesn't seem overly weak to me. However his performances/attitude have been wildly variable.

If on average, we see the Ceballos from the Leeds game then its all good.

Could be a hedge for the Partey bet :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Love the title btw, and my answer would be yes, time to say Adios.

Unfortunately, I would bet money that the fools running the club will sign him and pay the 22M.

Last edited:

mpower2540

Ceballos for 20m and Guendouzi new contract would be smart business. Move on El Nenny, AMN and maybe even Willock. In an ideal world, you move Xhaka on as well, but Mikel has a hard on for him.

Partey, Xhaka, Douzi, Ceballos and ESR is pretty good but lacks star power. Partey is as good as any cm (not a creator like KDB or Fernandes) in the league but the rest are Europa level. If we get a quality creator to rotate with ESR then it won't matter.
If you end up keeping Guendouzi on a new deal, why would you then go and spend 20m on Ceballos when they’re very similar players with similar weaknesses?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

£20m + is what we would expect for AMN, maybe similar for Willock & Nketiah. They are squad players too!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I dont see Guen coming back. I think all bridges are burned! Also do we want that kind of character in the squad? I dont!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I definitely think he'll be available in the summer.

I think Madrid will want closer to £30m for him though. I don't think that's unreasonable really given his age and profile but I think that's pushing it for someone who's not likely to be a week in week out starter here.

£20m take it or leave it would be the max I'd want to go to.

I think we're probably going to have to look elsewhere to be honest.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I definitely think he'll be available in the summer.

I think Madrid will want closer to £30m for him though. I don't think that's unreasonable really given his age and profile but I think that's pushing it for someone who's not likely to be a week in week out starter here.

£20m take it or leave it would be the max I'd want to go to.

I think we're probably going to have to look elsewhere to be honest.

They already said they're selling him and named their price: Euro 22 M.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Bring back Guendouzi and let him take Ceballos' role as "3rd CM". I think Arteta will be too proud to do that though.

Guendouzi is not on Ceballos's level............. there is absolutely nothing Guendouzi can do better than Ceballos. He doesn't defend better, doesn't pass better, doesn't play with more intelligence or creativity, doesn't have more strength, doesn't perform more consistently..........

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I always forget he is still only 24 so guess could have another level to reach

rather shift him, Xhaka & Lucas this summer though... burn down the midfield & rebuild like the defence has been

we are 10th ffs & cm balance been an issue for seasons now... they seem to always get a pass

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom