• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

simba

Manberg Again
Great first half. Started off superbly. Poor second. His dropping off is a common thing for him though. I don’t know if it’s physical or mental.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

If only he was consistent man. Normal for his age in his position though I think people forget that.

I'd like to see what he looks like with the Partey boost. Starting alongside him in midfield is +5 all stats.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Pretty good game but it has taken half a season to come. This is his 2nd season with us and he ultimately has not good enough. Mikel will probably sign him though. Fan standards have dropped if you guys want him permanently
Yep, hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant a permanent signing for me.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He's quite easily the most underrated player around here. Really would like to see him with Thomas as his partner as @Macho says.

Does need to improve defensively, though, if he can improve his defensive awareness and consistency to the level of Xhaka then he certainly should keep him out of the team as this project continues to evolve.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope we don't waste our money on him. He's 24 but isn't showing any consistency

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's fine in games like this one against Leeds when it's an open game. However he really struggles with teams sitting back. His decision making is far too slow. But no doubt the technical ability and commitment is there. If he can find that extra gear I'd like to keep him.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we should definitely sign Ceballos this summer. He has looked inconsistent at times, but so has the entire team.

He's great in possession and really helps us press the defense. Prior to Willian coming on, he was able to keep a really high attacking position and create overloads. ESR, Ødegaard, and Saka plus Ceballos is so much creativity, movement, skill that we are going to create so many chances. However, we can only play this way if we keep possession, and all of this changed when Willian came on and starting turning the ball over.

Ceballos has gotten better defensively, but that will never be his strength.

We have the players to be able to push a lot of players into the attack. Arteta just needs to stop playing Willian and making awful subs.

Signing Ceballos and Ødegaard this summer will be good business for us.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Pretty good game but it has taken half a season to come. This is his 2nd season with us and he ultimately has not good enough. Mikel will probably sign him though. Fan standards have dropped if you guys want him permanently
I like him but yeah he hasn’t done enough for a permanent contract. If anything he’s gone backwards unfortunately, just didn’t get the minutes in the end.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's quite easily the most underrated player around here. Really would like to see him with Thomas as his partner as @Macho says.

Does need to improve defensively, though, if he can improve his defensive awareness and consistency to the level of Xhaka then he certainly should keep him out of the team as this project continues to evolve.
He is actually our best defensive player, much better than Xhaka and Elneny. Not sure where this comes from tbh. His problem was always a lack of consistency in passing, one game he is Iniesta, and the next he turns into Elneny.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
For me it depends on the fee. Less than £15m and I’m for it. Not more.
That's silly reasoning. Why waste £15m on a player you don't consider good enough for a starting XI CL side?

Paying low fees for squaddies is what gets you a bloated mediocre squad.

His first good half game in ages. Second half he was poor, couldn't keep up with Leeds' intensity and looked like a tired old man in the middle.

He obviously has 'potential', but after 1.5 season in the PL we can clearly conclude he's just mediocre in this league. Rarely turns up for a full game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I like him but yeah he hasn’t done enough for a permanent contract. If anything he’s gone backwards unfortunately, just didn’t get the minutes in the end.
Truth be told, he was better than some of the guys we have. There were patches when he was much better than Xhaka and was our only reliable player on the ball. Things have changed with Partey being here and with the introduction of ESR, his skills are not needed as much as they were before.
If we have funds and Ceballos wants to play for us, I think it's a no brainer to invest in him, 22M is not that much for a player of his quality. If we are in a situation where we need to pick between investing in him or Ødegaard, then it's dead obvious we should get MO

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
That's silly reasoning. Why waste £15m on a player you don't consider good enough for a starting XI CL side?

Paying low fees for squaddies is what gets you a bloated mediocre squad.

I rate Ceballos, but this is true.

What makes a top squad nowadays isn't having a buttload of players or a sparse 11 of top ones. It's having a decently sized one you can rotate without worry. You need top players, even on the bench.

Because if you have that even giving them minutes isn't going to be a problem as you can rest your players and let injuries heal without worry.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom