• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We'll edge this but it will be close, we were pretty disappointing in the first leg. Little confidence of us winning the EL but if we get a good draw in the next round and we begin to pick up some form, who knows?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We'll edge this but it will be close, we were pretty disappointing in the first leg. Little confidence of us winning the EL but if we get a good draw in the next round and we begin to pick up some form, who knows?
Might even get to play a game at the Emirates as well :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The 1-1 makes this quite simple, just win the game. I hope Arteta doesn't try to play on the fact we have an away goal and make it a 0-0 or 1-0. I'd get it if it was 2-2 or 3-3 in the 'away' leg, but only 1 away goal means they can easily outdo us and if our plan is to prevent that we will be in a weak position.

Just go for the win.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Untitled.jpg
EsteemedMerryAztecant-size_restricted.gif

:lol: I can see why you like predicting so much, the power is addictive. :shivering: Be afraid

Squillaci

Expecting some Luiz masterclass tomorrow.

By masterclass I mean that Benfica will have one decent attack where he will somehow **** up and give away a penalty to them.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
If we score more than them, we win. I we score less, we lose. 1-1 is bad. 2-2 is worse. Might be unpopular opinion, but whatever.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I presume Arteta will go:

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard Smith-Rowe
Aubameyang

That's the team I expect. I know Saka needs a rest but having him on the pitch is way better than having Pepe on the pitch. If we get a 2 or 3 nil lead then we can rest Saka. We can also rest him vs Leicester as this game is far more important.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
That's the team I expect. I know Saka needs a rest but having him on the pitch is way better than having Pepe on the pitch. If we get a 2 or 3 nil lead then we can rest Saka. We can also rest him vs Leicester as this game is far more important.
I think of the players currently available this is the line up Arteta sees as his strongest and being that it's really our only way of getting Europe next season now, he has to favour this over the league.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think of the players currently available this is the line up Arteta sees as his strongest and being that it's really our only way of getting Europe next season now, he has to favour this over the league.

I agree. If Auba had his shooting boots on last week we could have rested Saka this week.

Legend14

Established Member
I expect to see...

ESR at 10, Saka to his right, Auba to his left. Laca up top. Need to switch it up. ESR is just a more influential player than Ødegaard and he works well with Laca.

4-0 Arsenal.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not to be too pessimistic, I still think we'll win, but i'll say it now cos to say it after a loss would be seen as an overreaction, but this game is probably much more important than just the context of this season.

Stillberto said it, the club's finances are not good in this pandemic, took out a loan to cover running costs, letting employees go. Our revenues have been declining as a result of EL, if we were to miss out on European football altogether in the same year our matchday revenue is non-existent while we're still paying some players CL wages...that is not a good recipe.

This is one of the hardest periods the club has ever faced, the coach steering us through it is a rookie, and we're 10th in the league with 90 minutes (and then 3 more rounds) to save our season. This could all go very wrong and it could have long-lasting consequences, that's a reality irregardless of how positive you are about Arteta right now.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I'm still thinking we are gonna win the 2nd leg but we need to get our confidence back again. We were poor in the 1st leg and we played slowly with the ball and we coulnd't find 2 or 3 goals away.

However we have a chance to turn this situation around and get a win there. I believe in the team and we are able to do the best and the worst at the same time and now we need to be stronger than before and we will show them how we can play when we wish to win a match.

My prediction on Thursday would be 4-1 for Arsenal and we will send a message for the rest of the teams like we are the Arsenal and finally we're gonna win this competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Bayern Munich are monitoring developments on Oleksandr Zinchenko [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom