• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Imagine getting knocked out to Sp**s and they go on and win the competition.

:nope:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think the only way Arteta is manager next season is by us winning the EL. Just when we seem to improve I am reminded that we are actually one **** up away from disaster in every game we play. The only reliability we have is that no one knows what Arsenal will turn up. Its no way to build a side and for that reason I think we'll have a new manager for next season, cos we ain't winning the EL with this rollercoaster manager!

roz

Fake News Merchant
At one point today we're two-thirds up the pitch Odergaard's marker slips and falls, you think "we've got an advantage here!" and he promptly swivels and passes the ball back.
Lol. I went mental at that tv when that happened. My dog got scared as I was so angry

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
To be honest I’m not sure about bigging up credit for Willian with that assist. He just passed the ball. It was a good pass but it would have been forgotten if it wasn’t for Tierney doing so much after receiving the ball.
It was a good pass. He's been rubbish all season but tonight you saw a glimmer of hope.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Oh did Chelsea just sack a 20 year legendary manager and restructure their whole club twice? Or are you just living up to your name and really have no clue? Our situation would be more similar to Manchester United's if you needed to make a comparison (even then I don't think it's wise to compare).

That wasn't the point. You asserted that the "greater good" thing where being worse for a period of time can force decisions that make things better in the long-term doesn't happen - so I gave you a very recent counter-example. It happens, in football and in business also. Ideally you want high management decision makers that can see incompetence through flukey results, but you don't always get it.

With regard to the bolded part, you are #3. Congratulations.

Melquiades

yeah right.. magnificent dominant performance ..right

I didn’t say it was a magnificent performance. We’ll need to be way better than this in the next round.

But Benfica generated jack all in these two games. The notion that they could have scored ‘way more goals’ is nonsense. To even get to where they were they had to be extremely opportunistic on stupid mistakes by us. They finished these two games with more goals than they had scoring chances from open play.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nah, as bad as Arteta is he’s better than Mourinho.

Not sure about that bro.

Mourinho has made Arteta his b*tch so far and over two legs, I’m sure Jose will have a game plan against the rookie.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We can wish all we want, but he's here until the summer. After that, a real football man needs to engage his brain and face reality.
I think he will be here after the summer as well. Should we start the season badly with a full stadium...the heat will be on. The board will not sack him before the summer though.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
That wasn't the point. You asserted that the "greater good" thing where being worse for a period of time can force decisions that make things better in the long-term doesn't happen - so I gave you a very recent counter-example. It happens, in football and in business also. Ideally you want high management decision makers that can see incompetence through flukey results, but you don't always get it.

With regard to the bolded part, you are #3. Congratulations.

It's just tough to have a discussion with someone named "idiot". You did it to yourself. I have to live with having Emery in my name too, happens to me and I deserve it.

There are just as many examples of clubs being forced into decisions which result with a progressively worse situation. How is Arsenal's track record with forced decisions? Isn't that how we ended up here?

say yes

forum master baiter
Seems like you’ve lost it?:lol:
Yeah, it's definitely the parody-poster who's lost it. :lol:

Not the trusted member shouting at people for being happy Arsenal won, or the members who are so angry we won they need a hug. :rofl:

Absolute peak Arsenal-mania. What a platform.

Reactions: Jae

roz

Fake News Merchant
Not sure about that bro.

Mourinho has made Arteta his b*tch so far and over two legs, I’m sure Jose will have a game plan against the rookie.
Arteta has more trophies in the recent h2h though, due a result against the ****. United in the semis, Sp**s in the final :pray:

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I didn’t say it was a magnificent performance. We’ll need to be way better than this in the next round.

But Benfica generated jack all in these two games. The notion that they could have scored ‘way more goals’ is nonsense. To even get to where they were they had to be extremely opportunistic on stupid mistakes by us. They finished these two games with more goals than they had scoring chances from open play.
yeah right!! this was inspite of luiz not making a stupid mistake and getting a red card... they could have gotten many many more goals.

Polar Bear

OMG!! my heart!! I nearly had a few heart attacks watching the last 25 minutes of that match. I don't know whether to think it was great or absoutley awful..

Great that we are through and came back, but my God we couldn't have made more of a pigs ear of it if we tried, Benfica were so lackluster and average both legs but we still were a few mins and the tightest offside VAR call from going out. I don't know what to think, my stress levels watching that are through the roof

We can't play like that again in the next round, especially if we get an English team, if we get an English team we will get knocked out without question playing like that.. if we got a team like Leicester they would knock us out easily if we perform like that, so sloppy. I'm happy we are through but that was painful to watch.. my heart rate was so high lol.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel so sorry for Benfica fans. The gross mismanagement at board room level is just staggering. A few years ago they had some talented youngsters that every top club in europe would've killed for. Now they've saddled themselves with old premier league has-beens. Quite surprised they haven't rioted yet. How TF did they mismanage the 120m Joao Felix money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom