• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I hope its just posturing by Balogun but this isn't the late 90's or early 20's where we were almost a must for many good youngsters. The desires of both parties are evenly matched imo. I just hope we keep him. If he works out, it will be great for us. We'll obviously lose some good players but not before we've had a good look at them I hope.
We will be fine. We could just go and get Edouard from Celtic. Which club in Arsenals level is this kid gonna go and be a starter or get significant minutes. People are deluded if they think he will go to Leipzig and get minutes

GLITCH

I'm not so sure it's just about getting minutes. If that was the case, he'd extend and go on loan. There are plenty of interested clubs. I'm more inclined to believe he and/or his agent aren't happy with the contract or he feels he should be getting more minutes with the first team.

senna

I hope its just posturing by Balogun but this isn't the late 90's or early 20's where we were almost a must for many good youngsters. The desires of both parties are evenly matched imo. I just hope we keep him. If he works out, it will be great for us. We'll obviously lose some good players but not before we've had a good look at them I hope.

Disagree, we should be very desirable for youngsters right now. ESR, Saka & Martinelli all getting good exposure and gametime. If you are a young player it is probably the easiest time to start for arsenal than at any point in the last 20 years. You also have an appealing project and a manager who develops players well, the only thing missing is champions league football which is still possible via top4/europa league this year. Which other big club are you assured of breaking into & starting?

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s behind Auba, Laca and Eddie for the striker role. Probably behind Martinelli too and we’re most likely signing another striker soon.

Arteta didn’t even play him in EL games against pub teams. Him staying doesn’t make sense when you look at how out of favour he is.

senna

You cant play him unless he signs a contract, can you imagine how much stick the club would get if he played 10 games and scored 5 goals and then city or chelsea offer him a 100k a week and got him on a bosman.

Laca is probably off, Eddie is likely to be as well in the summer. Just leaves Auba in his 30s so absolutely an opportunity if he is as good as he thinks he is. Arteta hasnt started Martinelli upfront in a single game I think he seems him as an inverted winger, his pressing and work rate is much better for us & also brings the best out in Tierney as overlappign as opposed to Auba playing there. Problem is you cant play Auba upfront on his own unless you have a midfield who is going to dominate as he doesnt do much in the build up play.

Impact

Established Member
He’s behind Auba, Laca and Eddie for the striker role. Probably behind Martinelli too and we’re most likely signing another striker soon.

Arteta didn’t even play him in EL games against pub teams. Him staying doesn’t make sense when you look at how out of favour he is.

Depends on how you view it. Arteta has suggested that he sees Aubameyang and Martinelli as options from the left, leaving Lacazette and Nketiah as direct competition through the middle. Both of whom have precarious contractual situations. There is a clear pathway for Balogun depending on his belief in his ability and the club promising opportunities.

The problem with the latter is the club hasn't done such a good job in recent years of providing highly-rated talents (Willock, Nelson and Maitland-Niles) with a development plan. We were lucky with Saka and Smith Rowe seems the only example of where our planning has made sense.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Disagree, we should be very desirable for youngsters right now. ESR, Saka & Martinelli all getting good exposure and gametime. If you are a young player it is probably the easiest time to start for arsenal than at any point in the last 20 years. You also have an appealing project and a manager who develops players well, the only thing missing is champions league football which is still possible via top4/europa league this year. Which other big club are you assured of breaking into & starting?
The desirability is debatable imo. The Cesc generation had a truly top manager and World Cup winning players yo look up to. Our style of play was also admired. It isn't now. ESR, Saka and Martinelli were given a start by Emery. They are great. Then you look at Nelson, Willock and AMN. Its not the easiest time to break through at all. He has Auba, Laca, Eddie and Martinelli to get past although a brave manager will take a chance on him. There are also calls to play Pepe at CF. Contrast Anelka who had only Wright to look to, share the burden with and eventually take over from. He also came in to a better team with top quality players. Is the project that appealing? Nobody is really sure what Arteta's ultimate aim is. Too many have said that he's stumbled on a system that works because of injuries. I'm not sure he's developed any players. He single handedly killed our attack for a third of the season. Balogun is in no way assured of breaking into or starting here. The pressure is on Arteta and he'll likely go safety first. Its a shame because I'd like to see what he can do. The club may have to buckle if it's too costly to sort CF position properly.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is this your burner account, mate?
zipper-mouth-emoji-300x300.png

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If I'm Bolagun I'll sign laca Nektiah already look off and we'll sign striker so he'll likely be straight backup. His agent is wierd if your client want to stay why you making it difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom