• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Tottenham | Sunday, March 14 | KO: 16:30 UTC | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Because we won against our biggest rivals in an NLD and Arteta Out bum squad clearly aren't happy about it. Would rather see us lose if it meant we get rid of him quicker.
I think the penalty debate is largely outside the Arsenal family whereas the Arteta Out squad are mostly in the Arsenal family.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Terrible game management by Mourinho. Arteta had him on toast.

The sit back style was woeful and left Son/Lamella, Kane and Bale out of the game for the whole of the first half and much of the 2nd, despite the one brief chance that led to a goal.

It meant that most of the game his team was reliant on lesser players like Doherty, who was really poor against Tierny and ESR who were rampant. Mourinho isn't used to having a team spending 6th where there's holes in the side and you have to fit tactics to suit your best players.

Taking off Bale was also a mistake, in the last 10 minutes when they were rampant he could have made a difference.

Keplaz

Terrible game management by Mourinho. Arteta had him on toast.

The sit back style was woeful and left Son/Lamella, Kane and Bale out of the game for the whole of the first half and much of the 2nd, despite the one brief chance that led to a goal.

It meant that most of the game his team was reliant on lesser players like Doherty, who was really poor against Tierny and ESR who were rampant. Mourinho isn't used to having a team spending 6th where there's holes in the side and you have to fit tactics to suit your best players.

Taking off Bale was also a mistake, in the last 10 minutes when they were rampant he could have made a difference.
This I think is how they won last time. Wait for us to make a mistake and then counter. This is why the last defeat to them and to Leicester hurt me so much. We didn't deserve either loss.

goonergaz

Media in meltdown as AFC finally get the first half-decent slice of luck on a decision.

Still a pen for me, he was late on Laca (if Laca hit the ball) - it's not like the ball would stop the follow through of Lacas foot.

Highlights for me were the Kane post then Gabriel header - priceless looks on Kanes face! lol

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Jermaine Jenas was embarrassing on MOTD2. He should not be allowed to analyse Spuds games under any circumstances. Guy was embarrassingly biased. Said Lamela's first challenge wasn't a yellow :lol:. Lamela came on with a chip on his shoulder and let his emotions get the better of him. But hey, at least he scored a good goal eh :lol:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Is anyone still annoyed about the last 10 mins of that game? Still cannot understand what was going though the players minds... everyone collectively lost their heads and it could quite easily have been 2-2. I wonder how different the reaction will have been then

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
On the other hand not sure why Sp**s fans are complaining so much on twitter etc.

These same tactics by Mourinho got them their win against us earlier this season. We dominated that game too but got done on the counter by Kane and a worldie from son

blrgooner

Established Member
On the other hand not sure why Sp**s fans are complaining so much on twitter etc.

These same tactics by Mourinho got them their win against us earlier this season. We dominated that game too but got done on the counter by Kane and a worldie from son
Yep. As someone else mentioned, Leicester and Sp**s were two games in the first half of the season which hurt the most coz we dominated them completely and got done by one or two moments of quality from the opposition.
Sp**s were always going to struggle in the long run with tactics like this. I remember the media talk when they beat Man City earlier when they said that they can win the title etc etc. It was really funny because it was obvious that the quality of overall performance was never really good. It was reflecting in the statistics in expected goals/ points etc and these things eventually catch up.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
yxk8i12m06n61.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Jermaine Jenas was embarrassing on MOTD2. He should not be allowed to analyse Spuds games under any circumstances. Guy was embarrassingly biased. Said Lamela's first challenge wasn't a yellow :lol:. Lamela came on with a chip on his shoulder and let his emotions get the better of him. But hey, at least he scored a good goal eh :lol:
Wish they'd shown him trying to start fights left, right and centre on the pitch.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Is anyone still annoyed about the last 10 mins of that game? Still cannot understand what was going though the players minds... everyone collectively lost their heads and it could quite easily have been 2-2. I wonder how different the reaction will have been then
Very. Got out of that game by the skin of our teeth. I thought the 2nd half performance was poor tbh. Apart from the pen, we had only one half chance in that. But we controlled the tempo and kept Sp*rs easily at bay till the red card.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hdmatches.net and fullmatchesandshows.com are my favorites.
Have been watching all our games there for years.
I used to love full matches and shows for MOTD the same night it had finished before it was on iPlayer. But for some reason last time I tried all these sites the videos were taken down. Maybe it was a one off though, cheers.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I swear there is a major bias towards us and it's not just from that so called penalty call that "wasn't a penalty even though his knee was high and he didn't get the ball" LMAO would you listen to yourself Harry. Also, that body check from Kane on Gabriel went completely unnoticed which really irked me.

I LOST my **** when Kane scored that header because I though they weren't going to rule it offside but thank God they did.

Anyways, we won and we deserved it, the boys played with heart and passion! I am a proud Gunner and hope they keep this up for the rest of the season so maybe we can finish high enough to qualify to Europe, have ourselves a St. Totteringhams Day and win the Europa :)

amigo

It's a bit of a strange one about the pen. Ex players, refs and even people we expect to be sympathetic to us are calling it lucky/ harsh and not a penalty and emphasising the fact that Laca missed the shot. Yet the clattering afterwards is not deemed a foul. Nobody is saying the defender should have been red carded for denying an obvious goal scoring activity. But clearly it was a foul/dangerous play and a foul resulting in a direct free kick in the box should be a penalty? But why is it that Wrighty and co cannot see that? I'm baffled. The ball was not out of play at the time of impact. Anywhere else on the field and a foul would have been given without batting an eyelid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom