• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Tottenham | Sunday, March 14 | KO: 16:30 UTC | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Anywhere else.on the pitch it's a foul and a yellow

20210314-233927.jpg
Yeah there shouldn't be any difference if it's in the box or not on a play like that. OK Laca got the shot off but he was going to get taken out either way.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Super proud of Arsenal today. I was of course a little ***** pre-match, but hard not to be given how we typically fare against a Mourinho side. Glad Llama got a red and I thought nearly everyone had a smashing game. Keep the wins going and finish the season in EL spots and it's a win all things considered.

Melquiades

Watched analysis with Owen, Hoddle and Wrighty and all 3 said it wasn't a pen. They're all trying to say because Laca had already shot it shouldn't count but Sanchez still followed through him. I don't see why there's even a big discussion.

I'm thinking Wrighty is trying to appear unbiased but he also queried the 2nd Lamela yellow. Lamela was very lucky to be uncarded before the first booking and it could be argued the elbow should have been a straight red.

Anywhere else.on the pitch it's a foul and a yellow

20210314-233927.jpg

The takes on this are absolutely bizarre.

If ESR has the ball in midfield and makes a crap pass for a turnover and then Harry Kane flies in way late with a high 2-footed challenge and breaks ESR’s leg, it isn’t somehow not a foul and a red card because the ball was gone on a poor pass.

Absolutely no different if Lacazette is taking a shot and a split second after he mis-hits it is run through by a very high boot as seen above. It’s literally as cut-and-dried a penalty as you’ll ever see but for some reason pundits are inventing rules that don’t exist and pretending that because the ball had been hit a split-second earlier this somehow isn’t a foul in the box.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...my beautiful boys! :love:

Need to get these two on as pundits for our games, especially Lauren...get the feeling Ralph would just start physcially attacking the likes of Jenas, after he has had enough of his **** :lol:

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Easy penalty, really surprised its caused any sort of fuss at all... and Lamela seemed absolutely determined to get sent off at some point :lol:

Bar the last 10 minutes - which was disastrous - we were fantastic, amazing from Arteta and the all the players. I do feel we need to be more clinical in general though, seems too often we let quality chances go begging.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We receive so many **** calls which don't even get discussed in post match analysis mostly but this pen is? The media bias and hate is real.

The Kane push on Gabriel was not even present in the motd highlights ffs
How the hell Kane isn't carded for that tackle in the back of Gabriel is beyond the pale. How he keeps on getting away with just being a dirty player game in and game out. If that was an Arenal player it would have been at least a yellow and MOTD would discuss if it should have been a red card and how undisciplined Arsenal players are! ****ing wankers the lot!

mirrorstare

It wasn't really a tackle attempt going that high, just a desperate attempt to block the ball that Laca mishits.

The problem is that the contact is really made because Laca swings his leg, not because Sanchez is aiming there. At that point there's nothing Sanchez could do to avoid contact, the inertia of Lacazette's failed shot simply means he'll end up clashing his foot with Sanchez.

In a more normal scenario, say, running a full speed and shooting with the defender sliding to try and block the ball and contact made in the end, this wouldn't be a penalty at all. It was given because the angle looks pretty savage, as that still image shows.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It wasn't really a tackle attempt going that high, just a desperate attempt to block the ball that Laca mishits.

The problem is that the contact is really made because Laca swings his leg, not because Sanchez is aiming there. At that point there's nothing Sanchez could do to avoid contact, the inertia of Lacazette's failed shot simply means he'll end up clashing his foot with Sanchez.

In a more normal scenario, say, running a full speed and shooting with the defender sliding to try and block the ball and contact made in the end, this wouldn't be a penalty at all. It was given because the angle looks pretty savage, as that still image shows.
I disagree. Even if Laca doesn't swing he would have still been taken out

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don’t get why there’s such a debate on the penalty, if that happens anywhere else on the pitch everyone accepts it’s a blatant late foul.

Seen penalties given where the striker has clearly overrun the ball but gets the tinniest clip by the keeper and is never debated.

Whole thing is just weird. Jamie Redknapp, a millionaire pundit. “It’s late, reckless and he clatters into Lacazette, but I don’t think it’s a penalty.” 😂

Jae

I don’t get why there’s such a debate on the penalty, if that happens anywhere else on the pitch everyone accepts it’s a blatant late foul.
Because we won against our biggest rivals in an NLD and Arteta Out bum squad clearly aren't happy about it. Would rather see us lose if it meant we get rid of him quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom