• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Odsonne Edouard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If you don't try......

Here's what I would do. Sign Odergaard and get him to help persuade Haaland that we are the future. Offer Borussia Auba (they love him there) plus big amount of cash. Sell Laca and Nketiah and all the other people we're going to get rid of anyway and make Haaland the best paid player in the premier league. It could be afforded and if we win the EL and get back into the CL it would make us a more attractive prospect.

With Haaland, Martinelli and Pepe leading the attack, backed by Saka, Smith |Rowe and Odergaard, the team could explode and maybe win the league. Definitely be a CL attack.
Certainly a Football manager worthy series of chess moves :D . With teams like Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea and other teams in the mix, there would be no incentive for him to come here Even if we stumped up the cash.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Certainly a Football manager worthy series of chess moves :D . With teams like Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea and other teams in the mix, there would be no incentive for him to come here Even if we stumped up the cash.
Long shot but might be persuaded if the money + lifestyle + friendly atmosphere argument worked, together with the fact the team would be "built around him". That will never happen at Madrid or City.

He's young enough to have at least 3 big contracts ahead of him unless Keane goes back to playing - actually, that's another reason to sign for us. To piss off Keane.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Long shot but might be persuaded if the money + lifestyle + friendly atmosphere argument worked, together with the fact the team would be "built around him". That will never happen at Madrid or City.

He's young enough to have at least 3 big contracts ahead of him unless Keane goes back to playing - actually, that's another reason to sign for us. To piss off Keane.

Haaland wants CL. He will never join a club that's in the EL or not playing internationally at all. His camp made that public a while ago. Even if you give him London and that dodgy "team will be built around you". Players like him don't want that - that sort of stuff is imo grasping at straws by fans anyway, players want success not promises like "yeah well if you come here maybe in 3 years we'll have put together a strong team around you, but right now you'd be our only true asset."

He's also already fed up of playing for Dortmund now, yesterday he's been caught on camera storming off the pitch saying "**** this. **** this bullshit." after Dortmund drew against Cologne. Imagine him at current Arsenal.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Haaland wants CL. He will never join a club that's in the EL or not playing internationally at all. His camp made that public a while ago. Even if you give him London and that dodgy "team will be built around you". Players like him don't want that - that sort of stuff is imo grasping at straws by fans anyway, players want success not promises like "yeah well if you come here maybe in 3 years we'll have put together a strong team around you, but right now you'd be our only true asset."

He's also already fed up of playing for Dortmund now, yesterday he's been caught on camera storming off the pitch saying "**** this. **** this bullshit." after Dortmund drew against Cologne. Imagine him at current Arsenal.
Ok let's sign Scott Brown instead. Let's be realists and sink in the grime.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Ok let's sign Scott Brown instead. Let's be realists and sink in the grime.

Yeah, let's go to extremes cause Arsenal in the current situation are way off signing the guy who's probably going to be THE striker of the next decade. Let's not talk about developing Martinelli, trying to poach guys like Daka, Wamangiktuka, Edouard...wohever. Put the club in the bin cause the third or fourth best striker in the world won't come here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I absolutely love how most of the people not sold on Edouard have either never seen him play or just have seen YT clips and decided he's not exciting enough. If you watched him play enough you'd know what a well rounded CF he is, his movement is superb, has the ability to create for others and for himself, holds it up well, is a threat in the air, is fairly quick and is also a goal-scorer on top of these things. Huge potential to be a serious striker.

Goonger

I absolutely love how most of the people not sold on Edouard have either never seen him play or just have seen YT clips and decided he's not exciting enough. If you watched him play enough you'd know what a well rounded CF he is, his movement is superb, has the ability to create for others and for himself, holds it up well, is a threat in the air, is fairly quick and is also a goal-scorer on top of these things. Huge potential to be a serious striker.

He's not much a threat in the air though. For his size he's relatively poor in the air in fact, especially compared to guys like DCL or Watkins who are his peers.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's not much a threat in the air though. For his size he's relatively poor in the air in fact, especially compared to guys like DCL or Watkins who are his peers.

DCL would be my first choice but Everton -> Arsenal isn't exactly a step up as far as career moves go these days.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I don't want to brag, but I even watch him play for his national team.

Absolute screamer the other day.

say yes

forum master baiter
This guy looks a talent, but I'm not sure a world exists where signing him this summer is a good use of our resources. Unless it's at an incredible / too good to ignore price.

Even if we sell Lacazette, the club doesn't have much money and signing an expensive backup for Auba just doesn't seem a sensible use of resources for a EL club when (a) Auba's injury record is fantastic, (b) Martinelli is a top prospect who needs more minutes; and (c) we've got several academy players who can play CF, e.g. Nketiah, Balogun and Tyreece JJ.

Bigger priorities:
1. Sign Ødegaard
2. Improve CM with 1-2 new players
3. Tierney backup
4. Leno backup (Matt Ryan is just on loan)
5. Improve RB

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This guy looks a talent, but I'm not sure a world exists where signing him this summer is a good use of our resources. Unless it's at an incredible / too good to ignore price.

Even if we sell Lacazette, the club doesn't have much money and signing an expensive backup for Auba just doesn't seem a sensible use of resources for a EL club when (a) Auba's injury record is fantastic, (b) Martinelli is a top prospect who needs more minutes; and (c) we've got several academy players who can play CF, e.g. Nketiah, Balogun and Tyreece JJ.

Bigger priorities:
1. Sign Ödegaard
2. Improve CM with 1-2 new players
3. Tierney backup
4. Leno backup (Matt Ryan is just on loan)
5. Improve RB

Couldn’t we just promote Karl-Jakob Hein?

Is he ready for EL group and Cup games @MutableEarth? Also for me RB is the priority after MØ especially if Bellerin leaves. Chambers was good yesterday but we need to see how he is until the end of the season.

If those were links to Hakimi are legit I’d go with him and MØ, use Willock in midfield with AMN who can also cover left back then promote Hein to back up keeper.

Sell Lacazette, play Auba centrally and give Balogun more minutes as well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Couldn’t we just promote Karl-Jakob Hein?

Is he ready for EL group and Cup games @MutableEarth? Also for me RB is the priority after MØ especially if Bellerin leaves. Chambers was good yesterday but we need to see how he is until the end of the season.

If those were links to Hakimi are legit I’d go with him and MØ, use Willock in midfield with AMN who can also cover left back then promote Hein to back up keeper.

Sell Lacazette, play Auba centrally and give Balogun more minutes as well.
Being linked today with Lucas Vasquez on a free this summer. There's your RB signing.🥴

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

No one's as good in the air as DCL tbf, he's a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom