• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Odsonne Edouard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Couldn’t we just promote Karl-Jakob Hein?

Is he ready for EL group and Cup games @MutableEarth? Also for me RB is the priority after MØ especially if Bellerin leaves. Chambers was good yesterday but we need to see how he is until the end of the season.

If those were links to Hakimi are legit I’d go with him and MØ, use Willock in midfield with AMN who can also cover left back then promote Hein to back up keeper.

Sell Lacazette, play Auba centrally and give Balogun more minutes as well.
Possibly ready, but I think Okonkwo is the better keeper.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Couldn’t we just promote Karl-Jakob Hein?

Is he ready for EL group and Cup games @MutableEarth? Also for me RB is the priority after MØ especially if Bellerin leaves. Chambers was good yesterday but we need to see how he is until the end of the season.

If those were links to Hakimi are legit I’d go with him and MØ, use Willock in midfield with AMN who can also cover left back then promote Hein to back up keeper.

Sell Lacazette, play Auba centrally and give Balogun more minutes as well.
willock, AMN are shxt.

Goonger

No one's as good in the air as DCL tbf, he's a beast

My point was more the fact that he was being described as being good in the air, when I think someone like Toney has scored more goals with his head this season than Edouard has in his whole Celtic career.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yeah, let's go to extremes cause Arsenal in the current situation are way off signing the guy who's probably going to be THE striker of the next decade. Let's not talk about developing Martinelli, trying to poach guys like Daka, Wamangiktuka, Edouard...wohever. Put the club in the bin cause the third or fourth best striker in the world won't come here.
Forget it. Don't take life so seriously and you'll be much happier.

Hooplehead

He's not much a threat in the air though. For his size he's relatively poor in the air in fact, especially compared to guys like DCL or Watkins who are his peers.
This is true, Eddy isn't very good in the air, he also doesn't really like to make those runs, he likes to drop off for a cut back, needs to play next to a guy who'll play on the shoulder and make the poacher runs.

Saying that he is more than good enough to strengthen Arsenal.

I honestly think a good coach will turn him into a world class player, for me he's better than Moussa Dembele, and has a much higher ceiling, at Celtic he's been a square peg forced into a round hole by Lennon, whoever gets him will be getting a even bigger bargain than KT.

I absolutely love how most of the people not sold on Edouard have either never seen him play or just have seen YT clips and decided he's not exciting enough. If you watched him play enough you'd know what a well rounded CF he is, his movement is superb, has the ability to create for others and for himself, holds it up well, is a threat in the air, is fairly quick and is also a goal-scorer on top of these things. Huge potential to be a serious striker.
I love him too. What's your definition of fairly quick?

Hooplehead

He’s more Benteke than Bergkamp this lad.
Couldn't pick a worse comparison, Eddy might be a big specimen, but he's a finesse player, and is deceptively quick.

He's all about close control, flicks and one two's.

Adding more aggression and physicality to his game is must if he's to become elite.

Last edited:

ThePortugueseGunner

I'll tell you this: never have seen him play, but he did turn out a beast for Arsenal in my FM save.

I suppose that in that reality, as virtual as it is, we're all very happy with Odsonne.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think he's the kind of striker we need. He seems like he could be a much better version of Lacazette if he meets his potential here.

He can drop into the false 9 area, he's cute on the ball, and he has the build to grow into and become a quick and fast player. I would like us to sign him but only if Lacazette leaves for a transfer fee. Its less of a priority than RB and AM imo, even less than CM as we don't have numbers in that area.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think he's the kind of striker we need. He seems like he could be a much better version of Lacazette if he meets his potential here.

He can drop into the false 9 area, he's cute on the ball, and he has the build to grow into and become a quick and fast player. I would like us to sign him but only if Lacazette leaves for a transfer fee. Its less of a priority than RB and AM imo, even less than CM as we don't have numbers in that area.
Edouard is much better on the ball, that’s exactly what we need. We missed that since Bergkamp, Henry, Van Persie, Sanchez. Can’t wait to see us shipping our rubbish out, and getting some real football players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom