• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Breezy ®

Theres only one man fit to replace Mikel this summer. Bring him home:

CreamyLinearGalapagossealion-max-1mb.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Think the reason Sp**s are restless is because you feel Jose is going through is usual forte when things start to go wrong for him, seen it at Chelsea and United now.

Decent article...

"I am a soccer writer based in the United Kingdom"

...though this part makes me think it shouldn't be treated too seriously.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The week after they won the CWC Final they beat Rangers in the Cup Final in Extra Time and Ferguson called it "a disgrace of a performance" because they only won 1-0. The standards he set were unbelievable.

‘But the gaffer [Sir Alex Ferguson] left me out in the last game of the season. He said, ‘you’re not challenging for the Golden Boot, we didn’t win the league son, you’re out’. He left him on the stands man, not even on the bench. I didn’t even have a hope! ‘I was up there and was thinking that was a game I could get a few [Charlton]. One more goal! He made me sharp, in that moment

‘No trophies that year so that message, ‘your goals, fine, they help us but you need to connect it to titles’. That was the message.
Man said we didn't win titles so I don't give a sh*t about your golden boot :lol:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nearly everything I have said over the years has been spot on. Which is incredible when you think about it. How can one person be so right.

Your track record is absolutely phenomenal and your posting standards are some of the highest on the forum. It's an absolute honour to be able to even post in the same threads as you, let alone same forum, my King.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Riou

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Ruud was obessed with Thierry it seems, while Henry didn't seem to care at all about him...still beat him to the Golden Boot 4 times in the 5 years they were in the league though :lol:

Thierry didn't even care about Tottenham :lol: seems to be an ongoing thing with the king.

Ruud openly admits he followed the majority of Thierry's career and when you think about it, he won the WC pretty young so it makes sense. It would be kinda like Mbappe's peers looking at him in a way.

Riou

Don't believe Thierry when he says stuff like that tbh, of course he cared about winning all the individual awards...don't think he could have gotten to the level he did as a forward if he didn't, just the "I didn't care" approach suits his cool brand/style that he has built up, but on the inside he wanted everything imo.

If Ruud and Thierry ever got together for drinks at Henry's house, could see it going like this...

Ruud... "Man I wanted to beat you to the golden boot so bad!"

Thierry... "I just wanted my team to win, tbh..."

(Thierry then leans back in his chair to make sure Ruud can see the 4 golden boots he won, that he put on the shelf just before Horseface showed up.)

Riou

Last thing on Ferguson, this always makes me laugh.

Anyone seen the Premiership Years 2001/2002...Dwight Yorke was rumoured to be leaving Old Trafford at the time, with Middlesbrough being linked...when United are playing Middlesbrough away, a few of their coaches jokingly try to pull Yorke into their changing room...then you see Ferguson walk past and he yells, "Leave your money and take him!"

That kills me everytime I watch that season :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thierry didn't even care about Tottenham :lol: seems to be an ongoing thing with the king.

Ruud openly admits he followed the majority of Thierry's career and when you think about it, he won the WC pretty young so it makes sense. It would be kinda like Mbappe's peers looking at him in a way.
Imagine even having a Thierry/King debate about the NLD in their time! What next Keane and Rosler discussing the "great" United/City rivalry of the 90's? 🤣

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'm at an utter loss to how far we've thrown away our identity, ethos and foundation that we desperately protected for more than two decades under Arsène. It obviously started with Unai and has been exacerbated by Mikel. I was mesmerized by this football club and Dennis Bergkamp, I cannot fathom how any kid growing up watching this ****e could become a fan?

At the core, football is a business and entertainment. We've singlehandedly destroyed the business, the football, our culture (how we treat our players) and strained relationships with club legends and icons all in the span of under 3 years. This isn't a Liverpool issue, this has been ongoing this season but I have gotten to the point that I no longer identify with this club and what is put out there on the pitch. I often find myself multi-tasking during games or dozing off which was unfathomable before.

I desperately hope that this addressed at some point in the near future from the top down with REAL footballing personnel in charge, leading the club and protecting our values that Arsène fought so hard to implement and protect. Lastly, please Kroenke for whatever you do, repair the relationship with that man and build him a ****ing statue already.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Bit sick of seeing this on social media platforms tbf. Fergie had managed 3 clubs and a national team before going to United. He’d already won the Scottish league, the Scottish cup, and beat Real Madrid in the final of the European cup.

He hadn’t just been an assistant with an iPad.

This is the crux of the whole problem. A lot of people have convinced themselves that Arteta is this untapped genius waiting to be unleashed, one who will take us to the promised land. Which is why they don't care if we finish 10th/12th, play crap football, break unwanted records left, right and center.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Really for everyone's emotional sanity we need to move away from the idea that Wenger's style and ethos = Arsenal's style and ethos.

It's a natural way to think considering most of us either spent all or the majority of our time supporting Arsenal under Wenger.

Wenger era was the best, but it's not representative of what Arsenal have been most of their history. It was only a handful of years previous under George Graham that we were playing the antithesis of Wenger football. Over the 9 years he really imprinted himself on the club, it would have been silly to expect Rioch, Houston, Wenger etc to play '1-0 to the Arsenal' football though.

It's not even about Arteta, it's about every manager that'll be here in the future. You're setting the bar too high in terms of expectations.

Great football and challenging for trophies is a lot to ask. There aren't many Wenger's around who can do that on a non Man City budget.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom